[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cooking novice here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dinner.jpg (398 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dinner.jpg
398 KB, 1600x1200
Didn't have any real ideas for dinner tonight so whipped up something at random.

Chopped organic zucchini and onion fried in Colativa olive oil with a bit of bacon, then added cooked spaghetti. Topped with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and black pepper.

It was pretty good, and I had been worried about how well zucchini would work in it.

Suggestions for alteration/improvement?
>>
>>7261726
next time cut the zucchini in smaller pieces
and add some garlic and some cream cheese
>>
>>7261732
this but idk about cream cheese, matter of preference perhaps
>>
You should try practicing your seasoning skills on fried eggs.

Fry an egg, cut it into quarters then season each individual slice with different combinations. This way, you'll get a feel for different flavors and soon become a spicemaster!
>>
Tiny bit of olive oil for the spaghetti too

Slice that zucchini good and thin
>>
>>7261734
no prob, some cream would do too, or just skip it
>>
OP here. Yeah, I was a little impatient cutting up the zucchini but will definitely do smaller pieces next time. Didn't have any garlic around but onion seemed like a natural second choice.

One thing I wasn't sure about was whether to just add the cooked oiled veggies on top of plain spaghetti, or to cook the already-cooked spaghetti along with them in the pan for a bit.
>>
and use more spaghetti in one serving
and cut the bacon into short strips
>>
>>7261735
Should he cut the egg into quarters before frying it?
>>
-Add some garlic and black pepper in with the zuchini, some sliced mushrooms would be good too.
-Cook your pasta to al dente (still slightly chewy), and then add it to the pan that you're cooking you're veggies in directly from the water and then add a tablespoon or two of butter and toss the pasta with the veggies and the cheese in the hot pan.
-Plate it and add more cheese and maybe some parsley if you feelin fancy.
>>
Give up, OP.
>>
>>7261726
sour cream perhaps. otherwise well done
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.