[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swiss Recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Anyone have any good Swiss recipes?

I'm of Swiss descent so looking to try more foods from there.
>>
>>7260997
>http://www.expatica.com/ch/about/Top-10-Swiss-foods-with-recipes_108667.html
Google, you lazy little fuck.
>>
>>7260998
????

I was wondering if anyone had any proven personal recipes, most Internet recipes are shit. If I had wanted shitty Internet recipes I could've gotten them a lot easier than posting on here.

If you have nothing to contribute why are you here?
>>
My mum is Swiss and I was raised partially there. Still, I can't think of much in the way of purely Swiss, home-cookery. Plenty of Swiss things that are manufactured foods, like sausages and cheeses, but not a whole lot of Swiss home-cooking.
Um... Swiss macaroni and cheese, I guess? It's basically macaroni and cheese with ham, potatoes, wine-caramelised onions and either Appenzeller, Emmentaler and/or Gruyère cheeses tossed together, topped with béchamel sauce and more cheese then baked until heated through and gooey.
Also fondue, obviously. And rösti.
That's really kind of it, tbqhwy.
>>
Maybe you should ask your relatives faggot
Why are you even here? What are you contributing?
>>
>>7261158
what about the flour soup from bâle (mehlsuppe) or raclette, or capunz or pizzokeri or rösti with liver or whatnot. you may have issues getting the right ingredients abroad without spending a fortune.
>>
>>7261158
pizzocceri (whatever) or capunz or raclette or sausage, ham, bacon and sauerkraut or the bâle soup
>>
>>7261183
>pizzoccheri
Italian, but also eaten in Switzerland, true.

>raclette or sausage, ham, bacon and sauerkraut
Manufactured stuff, though.

>bâle soup
I've a decent recipe for that, but I didn't think others would want to eat something like that. When you tell foreigners that you toast flour in the oven for like an hour and the soup is based heavily on that, they look at you as though you've got two heads.

>>7261177
I said rösti, homie.
>>
>>7261175
I don't have any relatives still in Switzerland, and I've contributed heavily to this board, though in other threads.
>>
>>7261158
Thanks, I'll try the mac n cheese it sounds yummy
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>7261242
right, now define a roux. add white wine and perhaps onions and it is not far away from said soup.

by the may: my manufactured dinner
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#Switzerland

Try some of these senpai
>>
>>7261298
>define roux
Flour browned in fat using a pan.
I don't know about you, but whenever I've seen recipes for flour soup, the flour is toasted in the oven, dry with no added fat. Then whisked into the stock a little at a time.
>>
>>7261352
Swiss here. Everything is true here. But dog meat is eaten only by maybe 10k ppl in total. It's a relict from WWII most probably, as everything were short. They just didn't stop doing it.

You can make rösti in various ways. with cheese and bacon for example. If served with:
>sliced veal chops with gravy, cream and champignons
it's called Zürcher Geschnetzeltes.

Another top tier one:
>ground beef, noodles and applesauce (called g'hacktes und hörnli)
>>
You can make swiss cheese like emmental easy

1. Packet Kraft cheese slices
2. Bottle tops various sizes

Unwrap cheese slices from film
Use bottle tops to make holes in cheese
Discard cheese stuck in tops

You will be left with genuine USA emmental.

I like to serve it on wonder bread with PBJ and cheez whizz and imagine I am in a ski chalet up in the alps
>>
>>7260997
>muh heritage

Fuck off cunt
>>
>>7263717
well at least OP can be proud of something. yelly you promenade mongrel?
>>
File: 3a0.jpg (125 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
3a0.jpg
125 KB, 466x700
>>7263734
>being proud of Swiss heritage

Fuck those mountain jews
>>
who /zürich/ here?
>>
>>7260997
Didn't you guys invent Fondue? It used to be popular here in England in the 1970's (Yes I am that old)
>>
File: Swiss-Steak_6033.jpg (45 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Swiss-Steak_6033.jpg
45 KB, 480x320
Swiss Steak, natch
>>
>>7263768
it was pushed by the army years ago as there was too much milk and cheese on the market (->cheap). the men went home after their duty and told their wifes to cook it (the good old times..). basically fondue is a french invention. the farmers in haute savoie melted cheese with wine and scooped the sauce with stale bread.

but that is only cheese fondue, there are more varieties (burginionne: hot oil and meat; chinoise: hot buillon and meat and of course chocolate and fruit, etc)
>>
>>7263761
nah, AG.
>>
>>7263711
are u mocking american cheese products? have you ever heard of wisconsin?

go back to germany and its kebabs u euro fag
>>
>>7264725
no, we agree
>>
chocolate
>>
Swiss don't have a culture. They are just German, French, and Italian
>>
The only "swiss" foods that come to mind are fondue, raclette and rösti.

>>7263761
Nope, Bern.

>>7264891
Having lived in Switzerland for most of my life, I find this statement to be quite agreeable.

The only proponents of swiss culture that I can think of are chocolate, watches and shouting at mountains.
>>
>>7264891
You missed Austrian.
>>
>>7264891
>>7264935
>2 genuine languages (swiss german, romansh)
>at least 3 genuine instruments (handörgeli, hackbrett, alphorn)
>swiss guard protecting the pope, because they were undisputed the best mercenaries back then (btw. neutrality is an offspring of the law that forbids swiss mercanaries fighting each other)
>epic battle history
>725 years old (that's older than germany and austria)
>genuine political system
>lots of myths, songs, tales
>not using the euro
>tons of traditions

yeah, we have no culture at all
>>
>>7265143
/Which/ Swiss German? I can barely understand people from BS.

Also
>implying anyone speaks romansch
lol
>>
>>7265295
swiss german in general is very different from german. others are dialect. and yes BS is faggot swiss german.
>>
>>7264935
>shouting at mountains.
Elaborate.
>>
>>7265302
>BS is faggot swiss german
I know!
I'm >>7261158
My mother's from Zürich. I grew up speaking that sort of Swiss German but when I started school, I stopped speaking it so regularly and kind of lost most of it with time. Still, I can understand it, even now. Even if I respond in normal German, all of my cousins and other family will speak in Swiss German to me. And people from other parts of Switzerland, I can understand them, too. But when I went to Basel on a lark, I was just fucking lost when trying to listen in on locals' conversations. I didn't know that they would speak so differently to what I'm used to.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.