[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get Chinese girlfriend >start to learn about Chinese traditions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: WP_20160112_006.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160112_006.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
>get Chinese girlfriend
>start to learn about Chinese traditions
>apparently any time there's a reason to celebrate = DUMPLING PARTY
>now ever time something needs celebrating I make dumplings

Have other cultures ever influenced your cooking, /ck/?
>>
>>7260826
>Chinese girlfriend
fuck off weeb
>>>/a/
>>
>>7260831
>China
>weeb

Next you'll claim slavs make good gyros and have a thing about satyrs.
>>
>>7260826
I moved to Denmark and the community I hang around with here well... nobody cares about the food, however they care about spending money on food. So they gather their money, buy expensive meat. However all that quality meat they buy just goes to waste on those recipes they use from "the good old days". The beer they serve before, during and after dinner is what everyone seems to care about...

I stopped partying mainly because of the amount of alcohol people here drink, and their demand of me having to drink like they do. It doesn't even bother me though, what really bothers me is them butchering all that good meat on those traditional food recipes that are mediocre at best.
>>
>>7260917
What are some traditional Danish meals?
>>
>>7260917
Dane here. Sorry to hear about that bro. Danes care too little about food.

>>7260951
NOTHING. Unless you count beer and Swedes, that's our breakfast.
>>
>>7260826
Britbong here.

I tried gatorade, mountain dew and pumpkin pie thought they were "meh".

But I loved the combo of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup after learning about it on /ck/
>>
>>7260826

No, and it irritates me whenever I put butter in something people call it french influence, or if I put oregano in something its all of a sudden italian.

Like fuck off you think french are the only people to use butter? Sure they have very high quality butter but just because I stir a nub of butter into a soup doesn't mean its all of a sudden some french miracle.
>>
>>7260966
That makes it all worth it.
>>
>>7260826
>dem folds

I've never seen bug shaped dumplings before, so you have my respect, OP. Usually I do either two or four folds, with half of the folds facing each other.
>>
Op got tricked into labour. Im chinese and rarely ever make dumplings. So does every other chinese i know
>>
>>7261029
I'm Chinese and we make dumplings all the time. Are you Cantonese by any chance?
>>
>>7260826
Dumplings? I thought those were squirrel brains
>>
>wife is from Hong Kong
>fuck that asian pussy good
>lost my interest in asian girls now

i wonder what black girls are like.
>>
>>7260917
ive lived on and off in denmark over the years and they generally seem to have a pretty big spread for breakfasts

my aunt in law once made mashed potatoes with gravy once and it was really good if any of you are aware of any tasty danish gravy recipes lemme know

it might not have been even specifically a danish gravy i just remember really liking it
>>
I'm an immigrant^Nth, so yes.

>mum is from country A but raised there and in country B
>her mum is from country C but raised in country A
>my dad is from country D
>his mum is from country E
>I was born in country A, and am a citizen of countries A and D, and raised in countries A, B, D and F

My mum combines A, B and C with a little D, dad combines A, D and E with a little F and I cook mostly A, D and F with some influences from B, C and E.
>>
>>7260826
My GF's mom is from England. She came over in her 20's to work as a nanny, and ended up meeting her husband and staying. They do Lamb with mint sauce as the main course on Christmas day every year. For a midwest boy who rarely gets lamb, due to its price around here, it was different. I've been doing it ever since. Still with the same girl. 14 years now. Not sure if I'd carry on if we split, but I think I probably would.
>>
*test* our system thinks your post is spam blablah x20+ times, let me see if I can post here at all -.-
>>
File: smoerrebroed.jpg (73 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
smoerrebroed.jpg
73 KB, 590x333
>>7260951
>>7260954
There are actually good traditional food in Denmark, however it's just not what they think of serving at their parties.
I mean I love Smoerrebroed (butter and bread). It's healthy, delicious and very well balanced. Often made on dark rye bread, however you can make that with normal wheat bread too, since dark rye bread is one of those things that many foreigners like me need 1-2 years to get used to eating and enjoying...

They also have a fine national dish they call Flaeskesteg (roated pork) that they prepare in a very delicious and tasty way. It is accepted to serve at parties, however they rarely do it ... everyone loves it, but they still rarely make this dish x_x

>>7261069
Their big pallet for breakfast products is due to their smoerrebroed that I mentioned above. They don't always make it that fancy, and often it's just a slice of bread with butter, slice of sousage or meat and 3 slices of cucumber + mayo/ remoulade/ sennep ...whatever that fits.

lol the gravy was probably "brun sovs". I am sorry, I let others cook Danish food for me, normally, but I managed to google this video up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhleaTdl16E
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.