[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jerky enthusiast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey all I use to make jerky in the oven, just purchased a nice dehydrator. However I'm a little confused if the meat is cooked properly or not. When i have cracked it to check I end up seeing small strands of bright red or pinkish parts on the inside. Could anyone with knowledge help me?
>>
File: image.jpg (1014 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1014 KB, 3264x2448
Two more pictures, this is also venison
>>
File: hbb sketti.gif (309 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
hbb sketti.gif
309 KB, 300x400
>you know it's done when it sticks to the wall
>>
I'm confused by this
>>
>>7260753
I'm a jerking enthusiast
>>
This is serious, I have real big jerk problems
>>
Just dehydrate it for another half hour. It's probably fine the way it is, but if you're that worried about it....
>>
Yeah I guess you're right, i just wasn't sure if the color was coming from the cure affecting it or if it was just undercooked
>>
Hey guys. I'm a jerky enthusiast too.
My favorite thing in the world is eating the jerky off the dehydrator while it is still "rare". There's nothing quite like it in the world.

I marinate my jerky meat for at least 12 hours. Once when we were all drinking we put some of the marinated meat over the bonfire on skewers. It went directly into the hottest part of the fire for no longer than a minute, and came out a charred juicy morsel of rare meat.
>>
I was also curious about game meat if anyone had used beef and then game meat and seen in major differences in how they dehydrate
>>
>>7261161
i have done deer for about 10 years. beef once a few months ago.

I'd say they dehydrate the same. Time just depends on how thick the slices are.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
Jerkys one hell of a drug
>>
>>7260753
>jerky
>cooked
>dehydrator
No. What the fuck are you doing, man? Just no.
>>
Are you saying you are opposed to dehydrating meat?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.