[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is spinach the most misunderstood vegetable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 0904_spinach.jpg (119 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
0904_spinach.jpg
119 KB, 800x800
Is spinach the most misunderstood vegetable?
>>
I think sprouts are. I love a good sprout, but they seem to get a lot of hate.
>>
>>7260160
Why misunderstood?
I have a pack of frozen spinach in my freezer and I'm about to cook with rice.

Normies only eat industrial waste with added salt and sugar, but many folks know better.
>>
>>7260160
No that's the brussels sprout. The little fart balls aren't all that bad braised with salt.
>>
>>7260160
beets are more misunderstood than spinach is
>>
>parents only made canned, creamed spinach growing up
>absolutely disgusting, hated all spinach with a passion because of it
>got a sandwich with raw spinach in it one day
>decided not to pick it out because I was craving some sort of veggie
>to my amazement, raw spinach is actually delicious
>one of my favorite snacks is raw baby spinach leaves
>work it into various recipes when I need some greens

I was just reflecting on it today. I do wonder if I would have liked it as a kid. It's definitely not as bitter as when it's cooked, and the creaming was just... vile. I only remember one time where I managed to choke down the whole plate of it and it involved mixing it in with orange-and-cream ice cream after sitting for a half hour after everyone else finished with that rock-solid kid's determination not to eat their vegetables.
>>
>>7260185
>Normies only eat industrial waste
>Said the guy eating frozen spinach
>>
>>7260243
>implying fresh spinach is any different than frozen spinach

dude buying fresh vegetables is a pain in the ass, not to mention that you have to buy them on the same or previous day , AND wash them thoroughly.
I already have to walk 20 minutes to get to the supermarket, where fresh spinach is not available or nearly rotten 99% of time.

Frozen spinach is just fine. It's not processed, just colder than usual.
And frozen is better than none.
>>
>>7260160
i think it's the name.

spinach is the worst name for a vegetable since okra and parsnip.

it sounds like you're literally spitting it out and retching at the same time.
>>
>>7260243
>>7260256
There's nothing wrong with any frozen vegetables.
>>
>>7260242
Your problem back then was that it was probably canned. That canned shit is gnarly man. Take some of your fresh shit and try making it yourself. Tastes 100x better.
>>
I don't understand spinach at all.
I asked him if he speak a my language.
But he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.
>>
>>7260256

Yeah. It's fine in most of the cases. However, you can't make a salad with frozen spinach.
>>
>>7260269
>i think it's the name.
>spinach is the worst name for a vegetable
sounds like you're playing the drums

spinachspinachspinachspinach
>>
>>7260256
I like frozen spinach. It's just fine for cooking with. Same with most frozen vegetables.
>>
Fresh, young, spinach leaves cut from the garden and used in a salad or sandwich are better than any lettuce you can name. I may sow some again this year (not too much though; that stuff grows so fast it's actually hard to harvest & eat it all)
>>
>>7260665
Yeah. What is your favourite recipe for for spinach salad?

I personally love baking out some bacon, taking it out, adding balsamic vinegar to the fat rendered out of the bacon and put it back on the fire. At the same time, I toast some pine nuts and dice some cherry tomatoes. I add the bacon, tomatoes and pine nuts to the spinach leaves and pour the fat/vinegar over it.
>>
>>7260675
>What is your favourite recipe for for spinach salad?

I almost always have it as a side salad, so nothing more than spinach, some cherry tomatoes, some bell pepper, cucumber and grated carrot. Just a quick vinaigrette as a dressing. That's usually nice and fresh and works for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.