[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you like to cook your potatoes, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: baked potato.jpg (2 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
baked potato.jpg
2 MB, 2368x3200
How do you like to cook your potatoes, /ck/?
>>
>>7258915
I use heat. But then again, I'm edgy like that.
>>
I like it when it's reposted from reddit
>>
>>7258915
I put a little olive oil in a bowl with dried herbs and spices I like. Then I cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the oil and spice mixture. Lastly, I place the potatoes evenly on a tray with some foil and roast at 400 for 45 minutes or so until they're crispy like i like them.

Protip: Leave the skin on. It's delicious and good for you.
>>
>>7258945
Oh and wash them beforehand of course. I know that sounds basic but someone here won't know.
>>
I pierce the skin and microwave them for 5-6 minutes each
>>
Waxy potatoes like reds or yellows I cook a few different ways. One is to cover them in olive oil, season with some salt, pepper, fresh thyme and rosemary, then bake them in the oven until the tops begin to perforate. The other is a pan fry while basting it with butter, again with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. They come out a little more crisp than baking but lose some of that creaminess in the process. The third is just a simple steam in a soup pot with a colander, lightly season when done.

Starchy potatoes like russet and white I like to make hassleback or mashed. Hassleback is pretty self explanatory, you can only make it so many ways. With mashed I like to use a a little chicken stock and ricotta to get them nice and creamy and garnish with some fresh chives. Sometimes I'll heat some whole garlic cloves in a pan al dente then take it out when they're mailable and make a paste, just toss that in there when mashing them all up for some garlic potatoes.
>>
I'm a pleb so I just boil them, but that's gonna change after reading this thread.

>>7258945
>>7258948
I like you very much. Thank you!
>>7258994
I like you too, Anonymous. How thick do you cut them when pan frying? And roughly how long do they take to cook?
>>
File: hashbrowns.jpg (190 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
hashbrowns.jpg
190 KB, 1600x1070
Hash browns masterrace.
>>
>>7258915
I don't think I actually like potatoes. All the way I do them, they end up getting mixed with some sour cream or butter or something

>baked, mashed
butter, sour cream, possibly bacon, possibly cheese
>fried in strips or chips
all that fucking oil, plus salt

If you gave me a plain baked potato I'd probably not eat it. What if I don't really like potatoes, just everything we pair with them?
>>
File: panfried-potatoes4473.jpg (85 KB, 525x350) Image search: [Google]
panfried-potatoes4473.jpg
85 KB, 525x350
>>7259278

The reds and yellows are fairly small in size when I choose to pan fry. For one potato, I'll cut it in half, then cut that in half again, and make two more cuts going the opposite direction. Basically, we're looking to get 12 cubes from 1 potato. Or about the size in pic related. Adjust your cube size to how large your potato is. Cook time is 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat, just remember to keep basting with butter so they cook evenly.
>>
>>7259329
Thanx, Anonymous.

That looks like more oil then I'd care to ingest so I think I'm gonna try boiling them to cook them like I normally do and then throwing them in the pan to soak up the little oil left after cooking the meat just to get a crispy skin on the potatoes. I suspect that water in the pre-boiled potatoes will make the oil spit everywhere and probably burn my house down but fuck it. I won't know 'till I try.

Thanx again.
>>
>>7259309
those look perfect
>>
>>7259309
>Hash brown and pancake
I will never understand
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.