[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I integrate vegetables into my diet cu/cks/? So far I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: sweet potato.jpg (36 KB, 572x381) Image search: [Google]
sweet potato.jpg
36 KB, 572x381
How do I integrate vegetables into my diet cu/cks/? So far I've been nuking sweet potatoes and putting mustard on them.
>>
>>7258146
Have you considered cooking and eating vegetables as part of your regular meals?
>>
File: 1394866500244.png (35 KB, 203x241) Image search: [Google]
1394866500244.png
35 KB, 203x241
>>7258150
Go on...
>>
buy frozen veggies that you can nuke in the bag and eat those.
>>
>>7258146
Bell peppers. Any and all bell peppers.
They are the only god-tier vegetable. Eat them raw if you must.
>>
>>7258158
When planning a meal it is customary to have a combination of protein, starches & vegetables. One would normally select the protein first and then match the starches & vegetables to the flavor profile and texture of your selected protein.
>>
>>7258178
I'm gonna cook a buffalo chicken breast, what matches that?
>>
>>7258187
Broccoli with pepper and lemon, mershed perderders
>>
>onions
>bell peppers
>broccoli
>mix with taters
>>
>>7258187
*sigh* Can't even put the most basic thought in can you? I'll give you a freebee:

I'd personally suggest some sort of chunky fries (starch); potentially, sweet potato fries. For the vegetable I'd keep it simple; steamed broccoli would probably be a little metallic (lots of iron) against the sweetness of the buffalo glace, but green beans would probably go quite nicely.

Or if in doubt, a nice mixed salad; and I don't mean three leaves of iceberg, a tomato and five pounds of bacon bits and ranch dressing.
>>
>>7258199
How do you motivate yourself to do all that? I'm an atomized individual with no family living by myself in the first world, all according to Jewish design. Cooking a nice meal just depresses me and makes me not hungry anymore.
>>
>>7258220
>How do you motivate yourself to do all that?

Because a) it isn't "all that" much work and b) I enjoy cooking?
>>
>>7258187
Steamed carrots.
>>
>>7258146
Cauliflower can be thrown in the food processor and then briefly cooked to replace rice or couscous. Or it can be pureed and used to replace some of the potatos in mashed potatoes.
You can also use other root veggies (turnips, parsnips, rutabagas) for mash, or chop and roast like potatoes.
Carrots, brussel sprouts, can be roasted like potatoes
Zuchini, onionsn and green beans can be breaded and fried to be french fry-esque
frozen peas or greans can be added to pre-prepared soups without making much difference to taste.
You can add steamed cauliflower or greens to mac and cheese or any cheesey dish with out fucking up the taste too much.
don't be a pussy, add cheese, bacon, butter, whatever to your veggies if you need to, then over time slowly cut back on the added crap, as you get used to the taste of plant matter.
>>
How about start with salad. You can buy it in a bag ready to eat.
>>
>>7258199
*unseathes katana* nothing personnel.. kid....
>>
File: 4184483125.jpg (63 KB, 325x324) Image search: [Google]
4184483125.jpg
63 KB, 325x324
>sweet potatoes with mustard

OP trying to make me puke
>>
File: 1451248769953.jpg (16 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
1451248769953.jpg
16 KB, 448x448
>>7258146
>nuking sweet potatoes
>putting mustard on them
>>
>>7258199
Because being a pretentious autist will make anyone take your advice on anything ever.
>>
>>7258146
>sweet potatoes and mustard why?
>>
>>7258146

Try this:

>Choose one starch: Rice/Pasta/Potato/Cous Cous/Noodles/Polenta/
>Choose two of any vegetable
>Google: "Starch, vegetable 1, vegetable 2, recipe"
>Choose recipe
>Follow recipe

If you want to dive in at the deep end just include vegetarian in your search (even though you're obviously not) and you'll get used to veggies pretty quick.

Also if in doubt: Green Veg=undercook, Other coloured Veg=overcook.
>>
File: catsup.jpg (11 KB, 160x315) Image search: [Google]
catsup.jpg
11 KB, 160x315
>>7258146
I suggest you search out "one pot meals" on the google machine and see what comes up. Everyone has a bag of onions, a box of a couple of garlic bulbs, and a box of rice or noodles in their cabinet. The "one pot" meals willl make it easy enough. Just follow the steps.
>>
Vegetable curry, stew, soups
Vegetable and lettuce wraps
Vegetable pasta dishes
Vegetable casseroles
Vegetable pot pies and savory pastries
Vegetable stir fry with a side of rice

It's really not that hard that make dishes with vegetables. Basically take any dish you would usually make, and add vegetables. Be more specific, are you looking for exact recipes? What's hard about including vegetables into your food? This ain't rocket science, kid!
>>
>>7258220
Either get used to letting some go to estate or just get used to eating a shitload of greens.
>>
>>7258895
*Waste
>>
I literally just made this and it was bretty gud.
Just took some zucchini, spinach, and mini bell peppers. stir fry them in some olive oil, (I threw in some chicken bouillon because reasons).
Put that on your plate, and quickly fry up three eggs. Throw that on top.
And then enjoy.
>>
>>7258187
What is buffalo chicken breast?
>>
>>7258916
It's the opposite of Albany chicken
>>
>>7258199
I bet you activate your almonds faggot.
>>
Are there any tricks to make vegetables quicker to consume? I love the taste of raw plant matter and wouldn't mind making it a big share of my diet, but I'm addicted to the efficiency of ultra calorie-dense foods. I can consume two poptarts in as many minutes and be fed for half a day, whereas mountains of greens needed to match the same quantity of calories take fucking forever both to chew and to eat in enough quantity to represent several hundred calories.

Is steaming vegetables so popular specifically because it makes them softer and quicker to chew/eat?
>>
>>7259517
Get a blender. You can chug an entire plate's worth of vegetable in less than a minute. This saves at least six minutes a meal, which, when you calculate the redeemed opportunity loss, equates to winning a small lottery prize every single week.
>>
>>7259517

If only there were a way to turn vegetables into a drink so you could consume them faster. Maybe using some sort of "blending" machine, whereby vegetables are cut so finely they turn into a liquid. One might even call it a "Juicer" or "Juicing" contraption. Too bad we live in 1893 and half of us will die in a few years from consumption.
>>
>>7258865
>OP is a lazy piece of shit
>therefore genuine advice is autism
>QED

keep memeing friend
>>
>>7259540
I feel like this is pasta but I don't want to be that guy who thinks anything remotely clever has to be pasta
>>
>>7259533
>>7259540
Maybe it's because I have a shitty blender or use the wrong vegetables, but I always get a pulp on the bottom half so thick I have to eat it with a spoon and rinse it down with water.

Should I just cram that shit full of leaves so it isn't so damn chunky?
>>
>>7259545
>damage control over something this minor
Getting called autistic or pretentious here is how I know I'm not a total degenerate

You know how it's obvious you're an actual autistic drooling spastic permavirgin who will never, ever, ever know the touch of a woman? It's how you handled the replies
>>
>>7259563
I read this post in the voice of Jack Bauer and it was awesome.
>>
File: 1350680214659.png (129 KB, 295x291) Image search: [Google]
1350680214659.png
129 KB, 295x291
>>7258199
>*sigh*
>>
>>7258146
make this recipe in a food processor its really easy.
---
-roasted garlic dressing-
7 oz. (half a package) soft tofu
1 Tbs olive oil
juice from a whole lemon
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbs milk (I used almond)
½ tsp vinegar (I used white wine vinegar
¼ onion (½ if you love onion like i do)
1 head roasted garlic
about ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
---
pour it on a perfectly roasted sweet potato, then sautee up some onions and mushrooms with some lemon juice and heap those on top.

its healthy and amazingly delicious.
>>
>>7259559
Yeah, you usually need to put water or some other liquid in right at the start.
>>
>>7258178
>have a combination of protein, starches & vegetables
Don't do that.
>>
>>7258146
steamed broccoli. shit is lit with everything
>>
>>7259699
what the fuck is that
>>
File: 0235.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
0235.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1280
>>7258146
I keep thinking that's delicious smoked salmon flesh but it's just sweer potato.
>>
File: b020.jpg (474 KB, 1456x1117) Image search: [Google]
b020.jpg
474 KB, 1456x1117
>>7258199
>*Sigh*
>>
>>7259699
thanks kimberly
>>
File: 1379953[1].png (21 KB, 200x184) Image search: [Google]
1379953[1].png
21 KB, 200x184
>>7260436
that egg yolk
>>
File: 1452160465976.jpg (13 KB, 247x280) Image search: [Google]
1452160465976.jpg
13 KB, 247x280
>>7258199
>*sigh*
>>
make stews
Meat - protein check
Carrots, onions, squash, pou-tei-tou, whatever - vegetable check
Spices - flavor check
Then cook up some rice or pasta and dump it in there and you got yourself a good all round meal
>>
>>7260436
how do sweer potato fries taste? they are basically impossible to buy here (austria)
>>
>>7259517
Most veggies are like 90%+ water, eat aubergines that you've cooked with your meat, panfried mature spinach leaves with eggs, or raw radish leaves in your salad, that will give you the satisfaction of feeling full faster.
>>
stir fries
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.