[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the ceremony that makes the tea tastes better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 10062_167894.jpg (45 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
10062_167894.jpg
45 KB, 500x340
It's the ceremony that makes the tea tastes better.
>>
I don't disagree with that.
>>
>>7258086
>muh culture
Yeah no. it's the milk and sugar that makes the tea good
>>
>>7258090
"I'm pretty sure you get your ass kicked for doing that."

For Tea and Coffee snobs.
>>
>>7258090
>>milk and sugar
>>when doing tea ceremony
the hostess will litterally tell you to get your bitch ass off of their tatamis and out of their paper house.
>>
I'm not an autistic weeb, but I appreciate a certain level of ceremony around the preparation and consumption of my meals.
>>
>>7259164
The only ceremonial action I've ever taken was to leave the innards of my white tail buck on the ground for the forest creatures to eat.

Otherwise: Hungry = eat
>>
>>7259176
you must be very manly
>>
>>7258086
They must have been so fucking bored on that resource deprived island.

Just as silly as the shit the rich did to differentiate themselves from the poor in the west, really. Muh cutlery and ruffled clothes etc.
>>
>>7259200
>shit posting on 4chan is superior to all that though
>>
>>7259164
This. I would love to attend a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. But that would be weeb as fuck. But it interests me in the same way that historical papermaking and printing do. It's the ceremony, the craftsmanship.
>>
>>7259264
I'm just lucky to be as bored as aristocrats were hundreds of years ago. So damn lucky. I get to learn from other people's experiences and spark my own interest constantly with all this free time I have between work and school.

I'm not wasting my time trying to appear more important and trick people into thinking I'm something greater by drinking some goddamn tea at least. We all shit into the same sewer. Old school networking like tea ceremonies is of course going to seem silly to me when modern networking involves drinking beer together and getting to actually know people.
>>
>>7259285
Hell of a reply for someone who isn't insecure
>>
>>7259180
for you
>>
File: infantry.jpg (181 KB, 862x848) Image search: [Google]
infantry.jpg
181 KB, 862x848
>>7259180

You guessed right.

US Army Infantry
>>
>>7259279
But when you make paper you're actually doing something productive. I've made paper, illustrated a classic story (the boy who painted cats), bound it into a book using a traditional Japanese style, with a hard cover using beautiful Japanese paper as the cover decoration from a specialty import paper shop, and used that book to get a scholarship for college.

That's a productive use of traditional methods and stories. Tea ceremonies seem frivolous and silly in comparison. It's ground high quality tea that needs a lot of whisking.

>Better dress up and act super stoic to preserve my honor while I appreciate the umami notes of this tea
>Damn that tea serving girl is hot with that modest dress and hair I'd marry that bitch for a political alliance
>mother fucking tea ceremony
>>
>>7259294
>every interaction beyond one or two sentences is insecurity rearing its head
>I've never had an interesting conversation with dissenting opinions in muh life
>>
>>7259325
Which part of Texas are you from?
>>
>>7258086
It's the ceremony that liberates the dollars from the tourists.
>>
File: 1450657993718.jpg (61 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1450657993718.jpg
61 KB, 320x320
>>7259334
What are you even implying.

This must be bait. Really, what is the implication? What's up with Texas?
>>
>>7259312
I can get that. It's just not you. I still dig the ceremony though. It's also why, even though I'm an atheist, I'm still attracted to traditional religion. Yeah, you're not producing anything, but shit's cool yo.
>>
File: 1450022866107.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1450022866107.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>7259374
That's legit. I like traditional folk tales legends and lore for the same reasons. I'll learn about a legend from a particular area, read up on that regions people, then cook their tastiest sounding traditional food while reading up on them with my phone.

Shit's cool, yo, just like you.
>>
>>7258090
But plain chamomile tastes great you fag.
>>
>>7258086
Fuck chadō, Gong fu cha all the way!

7g in 150ml for 10 seconds, THAT's what make tea tastes better.
>>
Me on the left.
>>
>>7258086
Seems too pretencious for me to enjoy much, however if I ever get an invitation for something like that I'd be honered to attend.

Honestly I drink a lot of tea at home, and I am very picky about what and how I make it..... but if my boyfriend made me a cup of the worst tea, poured a table spoon of sugar in it, I would still feel it was the best tea of my life... I think this ceremony has more or less the same effect on many people.
>>
>>7261648
>boyfriend

nigga u gay
>>
>all these fags giving impressions on tea ceremony
>don't even know about sen no rikyu or wabi-cha

I'm disappointed in you, /ck/. For a board exclusively composed of drink threads you could at least know some drink-related culture.
>>
>>7261648
>Seems too pretencious
You should look up the definition (and spelling) of that word because I really dont think you know what it means
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.