[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melon bread recipe, help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Hiya. So I want to make traditional melon bread. It's a type of Japanese sweet bread/ bun. All the recipes I look up don't have very compelling pictures. I found this one. It's pic related. Here's the recipe: https://washoku.guide/recipe/1154928
Can you guys test it out/ look at it and tell me how it goes? It looks really tasty but I don't want to make something that ends up looking and tasting bad.
>>
watch Yakitate!! Japan S1E13 nd you will learn everything you need to know
>>
File: startbiscuit.jpg (9 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
startbiscuit.jpg
9 KB, 187x250
>>7255083
Awwwwww!! It's sooo cuuute!!
>>
File: cat-sad.jpg (35 KB, 601x450) Image search: [Google]
cat-sad.jpg
35 KB, 601x450
>>7255143
So that's a no to trying out the recipe? Okay I guess do you have a good link for the anime?
>>
>>7255319
>>7255327
>Misusing weeb
Neo-/ck/, everyone.
>>
>>7255083
> look at recipe
> always thought melon bread was like a melon pastry
> its fucking sweet cheese bread
Thanks op you ruined this for me.
>>
>>7255318

No melonpan is a lot of work and I dont really like sweets.

the anime is quite a serious suggestion, despite it's narrative overlay, the information about melonpan is totally accurate and the solution quite ingenious

http://gogoanime.io/yakitate-japan-episode-13

Mexicans make concha, look into that as well
>>
>>7255083
Am I going to make this recipe and let you know how it turns out... I think not fucker, how's your GoFundMe doing?
>>
>>7255083
This recipe isn't traditional melon pan that you eat at jp places, the author even states it was altered, the cheese was added to it, usually the bread is flavored with vanilla though sometimes they add melon essence and paste to the bread dough. I've made melon pan a lot of times and the best tip I have to give is to read up on hand kneading wetter doughs, have a dough scraper and make sure everything is at room temperature when making the cookies since they tend to separate very easily otherwise because of the high egg to butter ratio
>>
File: Picture1.png (77 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
77 KB, 184x184
>>7255083
cheese
>>
>>7255083
>I don't wanna try a new recipe
>I don't have the smarts or practice to tell if a recipe is good or bad
>I neither want to learn nor practice
>please do it for me first, tell me how it goes, give me a tutorial so I can impress my weeb tomodachi
>Hiya

Jesus christ
>>
>>7255083
Think of it this way: Not even the tastiest melon pan recipe in the world will yield decent results if made with the hands of an inexperienced baker.

Melon pan isn't exactly the easiest thing to make and you seem to be new at this. The best thing to do is make the recipe if you want to, follow it to a T, but don't set high expectations. You'll get better results with practice.

Something to help you, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0e-GKJA10
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.