[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy a nice sirloin roast >invite your baby boomer parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1452097377995.jpg (183 KB, 852x800) Image search: [Google]
1452097377995.jpg
183 KB, 852x800
>buy a nice sirloin roast
>invite your baby boomer parents over for dinner
>dad insists that he's the chef and he'll cook the roast
>does not grab any spices
>turns the oven to 350
>pulls the ketchup out of the back of your pantry
>starts pouring tap water in the roast pan
what do you do, /ck/
I'm really asking
how do I save any more innocent roasts from becoming bone dry grainy lumps of tasteless grey flesh without making my dad hate me even more
>>
Finish making it right before they arrive.
>>
Prepare the meal yourself and have it ready 5 minutes after whoever is scheduled to arrive is scheduled to arrive?
>>
>>7254212
Have the oven preheated and the roast ready to throw in when they pull up. Put it in, go answer the door. Tell him he's not your real dad.
>>
>>7254231
>>7254238
>>7254250
He always insists on showing up early
also they're both full baby boomer and won't eat anything that's pink in the middle
>>
so its impossible to pre-empt apparently, and you're incapable of speaking to him... what do you want us to say, man?

i know old people are stubborn bastards, but they're just dumb humans. like me. like you. it's your house and you want to cook your food your way. if that's important to you, tell him.

my dad routinely gave me food poisoning with his "experiments" so i'm familiar with this song and dance... not in an exaggerated way, i missed a lot of school and had one hell of an eating disorder for it, and none of my cooking is ever good enough for him either.

i've made his favourite curry, red-hot, and watched him take a bite, dab his eyes, down a beer, and then reach for the jar of pickled chili peppers he bought to my house as a side dish and tell me "it could be spicier"

pride is tricky with men, but you can't back down unless you want him to keep walking all over you when he visits
>>
>>7254289
cook something else that won't make him territorial?
>>
>>7254212
>dad insists that he's the chef and he'll cook the roast
Yeah, that would never happen in my kitchen. Why the hell did you allow that?
>>
make an 8 hour roast. He won't show up 8 hours before dinner will he?
>>
>>7254375
This basically. As painful as it sounds, established boundaries with parent (where everyone consider everyone as an adult) are important.

I've had conversations with my dad once I moved out and now if he wants to he asks how to help instead of taking over. If someone wants their porion well done I will gracefully finish it with sauce in a pan. They will leave me alone to make the roast to my liking every body wins.
>>
>>7254289
Why would they not eat something that's pink the middle?
>>
>>7254212
Get a girlfriend (or boyfriend), and invite their parents over instead.
>>
>>7254289

Stop inviting them over, seriously.
>>
>>7254355
This

Make something vegetarian or like a fish and chips or something. Stop making beef because you guys aren't going to be able to both be happy with how it turns out.
>>
>>7254803
I'd rather eat over cooked beef then be some faggot vegetarian
>>
>>7254212
Do this:
>>7254231
And microwave a slice to well done just for your dad. Make sure to serve it on one of your anime plates and with a glass of milk in a happy meal batman glass. Treat him like the child he is. Continue to make fun of him for eating meat well done. I did this to one of my friends and now they only eat medium rare.
>>
>>7254807
Then do so. There's plenty of delicious foods that have no meat in them but if you're going to sperg without meat then go ahead and eat grey beef, it fits your mindset it seems.
>>
>>7254846
I said I'd rather eat grey beef then be a vegetarian faggot, which I am not, so I'll continue to enjoy my meats
>>
>>7254212
buy shittier, cheaper roast - like eye of round

make gravy

it'll taste alright
>>
>>7254212
don't. you are a grown man. take control of your roast.
or challange him to a cook off. have a lot of his and your friends over. win.
or be a fag and say nothing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.