[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegetarian depression.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Hey /ck/
I've never posted here before so excuse me but I've recently (last 4 weeks) dropped eating any meat or high sugar foods. Additionally for convenience of the people which I live with everything else is organic and gluten free as well.
I've always been able to describe myself as a happy person but ever since I've started eating this way I feel sad, regretful and unmotivated. Nothing depressing has happened and I don't have any issue with the food I'm eating so I have no explanation for how I'm feeling.
Is there any correlation between my diet and what's happening to me or am I just tripping?
>>
>>7252502
Are you eating enough calories and enough carbs? Your lethargy might just be lack of fuel to burn.

What have your meals been like?
>>
>>7252502
if you think it may be related to meat try eating a little, maybe 100 grams a week. however if you are absolutely concerned with your diet choice and if it may be affecting your life in an actual negative way instead of just sads, go to a dietition (not a nutritionist, a dietition). and ask them about it. it may take some dough but they should be able to isolate any food related mood problems.
>>
You can do two things, give up or go to greater lengths to make sure you are not missing out any key nutrients. There is something to be said for eating less or no meat but if it's harmful or you are not good at getting balanced diet without it you shouldn't do it, eating in a way that makes you miserable is as counterproductive as it gets.
>>
>>7252507
Breakfast usually some kind of fruit bowl followed by whatever leftovers I didn't eat for dinner last night (often stir fry) for lunch. Dinner tends to be something larger that I end up boxing into the fridge for the next day, like stir fry or vegetarian mie goreng noodles. Typically tofu is involved. Forgive me for not being able to describe this well, I'm not used to it.
>>
>>7252532
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and try to balance out my diet. As it stands I'm practically eating whatever I can make at the time for my meals.
>>
There could be.

You could be not getting enough calories. Even if you feel like you're eating a lot (I do I'm also vegetarian) a lot of plant based shit is low in calories.

Also research and find new recipes. That's what made it exciting for me. I had fun figuring out the weird shit vegetarians made and how good it was.

The Thug Kitchen cookbook is fun, I have that cause I got it for Christmas. But when I started I just used pinterest.

I made this the other night and I loved it http://www.moreveganblog.com/2014/06/28/bbq-pulled-jackfruit/

If you're still depressed than just go back to your old eating habits, cause obviously then something is off
>>
Pretty sure you'll have to try eating meat again a little bit, once or twice won't be enough it'll have to be I don't know maybe several times a week and see the results in the long run.
>>
Really? usually when I cut back on meats, I feel happier. Never went full vegan tho
>>
>>7252502
>Additionally for convenience of the people which I live with everything else is organic and gluten free as well.
I eat mostly vegetarian without being super strict about it (small amounts of fish 3-4 times a week). I think I would become miserable very quickly if I had to follow a strict diet. And gluten free? Fuck that! It sounds like you maybe need to eat some food you're actually excited about.
>>
If you habitually ate like shit before the diet your body might be going through a detox as well.
>>
>>7252502
Any change in diet can cause a change in metabolic state. Any change in metabolic state can cause a change in mental acuity. Speak to your doctor so that they can arrange blood tests to rule out any other potentially more serious factors.
>>
>>7252502
you're being a little bitch and your body is responding in kind.
>>
>>7252502
Monitor what you're eating. Many vegetarians don't get enough protein and shit.
>>
>>7252550
you're not eating enough. and you're clearly not getting enough nutrients
>>
>>7252502
>Additionally for convenience of the people which I live with everything else is organic and gluten free as well.
Do you live in California? It sounds like you live in California. Move.

MEAT HAPPY LEAF SAD
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.