[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simmering on low while away from house for a few hours - yes or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: pfb-4-simmer.jpg (136 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
pfb-4-simmer.jpg
136 KB, 816x612
Simmering on low while away from house for a few hours - yes or no?
>>
No.
>>
No. Your house will burn down.
>>
For fucks sakes, NO.
>>
>>7252262
no
>>
>>7252262

ive done it because honestly ive done it enough times while in the house and nothing ever happening. use a large enough pot to make sure it doesnt boil over and it shouldnt be an issue.

the thing u have to worry about is the chance that you dont make it home in time. what if ur car broke down and its like a few extra hours and shit now ur house burned down.
>>
>>7252262
lolno
>>
I wouldn't but I have cats and use gas so it would be a naked flame.
Get one of those cameras that people use to watch their babies and can watch on your mobile phone. At least then you could watch your house burn down while you're out sucking off homeless people for money you whore.
>>
>>7252266
>>7252267
>>7252268
>>7252270
>>7252273

What about with a crockpot?
>>
>>7252268
There is literally nothing wrong with it if you're not an idiot.
>>
I'm always tempted but I never do it because I use gas. Burning the food isn't an issue, there's usually too much liquid - only overcooking would be the problem providing nothing happens to the flame - that's the concern.

>>7252278
This is the only reason why I'd ever consider a crockpot but I'd rather have the space and stay at home.
>>
>>7252278

i crock pot while im at work maybe once a week. never even worried about it, if something fucks up itll pop the breaker.
>>
>>7252274
rude

op, just consider what might happen if get delayed for some reason while you're out. shit can happen.
>>
>>7252411
It was an impersonal joke - not rude.
>>
>>7252262
Home owners insurance? Catalogued inventory of valuables¿ Sure why not live life on the edge
>>
>>7252274
>sucking off homeless people
> for money
>>
pls no
>>
>>7252639
You're sure gonna feel stupid when Crusty Joe finally wins the power ball and remembers all those BJs I gave him.
>>
i wouldn't do it

my electric stove once blew out a burner and shot hot sparks and electricity all over the place

a gas stove can go out and leak glass and become an explosion hazard

my aunt's stove has one wonky burner that only goes full blast..

too much can go wrong
>>
File: 147341.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
147341.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>yes
>>
You can leave it on low but make sure the gas did not ignite
>>
Hours? No.
~30 minutes? If it's stable (low heat, plenty of liquid) - absolutely.
>>
We used to prep demi-glace at night, and leave it on the burner for 10 hours until the morning crew came in.
>>
>>7252639
Why do you think they are homeless?

Everytime they get their hands on some money they spend it on BJs.
>>
File: yeahman.jpg (130 KB, 604x551) Image search: [Google]
yeahman.jpg
130 KB, 604x551
>>7252262
>>
>>7252262
crock pot, or similar device that I know will actually simmer and do no more than that - (especially that has fuses/breakers that will blow if it overheats), absolutely.

Stovetop? Hells no.
>>
>>7252278

I leave the crock pot home alone all the time (ok, maybe 3 times since I bought it recently) andI've never had a problem
>>
>>7255992
Great blog.
>>
>>7252262

you sound like you know what you're doing, OP. I say go for it.
>>
>>7252262
No. You don't want to leave appliances like stove or oven on if you're not home. A crockpot is fine though.
>>
Go for it, OP. I have done it many times and have never had a problem, so it must be impossible for a problem to occur.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.