[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get muscle spasms and cayenne pepper helps a lot. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cayenne-pepper-592x444.jpg (74 KB, 592x444) Image search: [Google]
cayenne-pepper-592x444.jpg
74 KB, 592x444
I get muscle spasms and cayenne pepper helps a lot. What are some things I can add it to? All I can think of is curry. It has to be hot and fatty because that works the best.
>>
I add it to most savory dishes. Not a lot, usually, just enough to add a touch of heat. Just think about the sorts of dishes you can add black pepper to, and try cayenne instead (or with). This may not apply to literally ALL dishes, but most.
>>
>>7252279
Yeah, if you believe Chef John from Food wishes you can pretty much put a little bit in everything.
>>
>>7252252
Make Korean chili paste with it.
>>
chicken thighs
>>
When my legs get shakey and restless at night after work (uncommon, but happens), I take a spoonful of honey and pour a ton of ground ceyenne on it. The honey makes it easier to swallow, and the ceyenne settles my legs. I also get terrifying nightmares because of it, but whatever.

What's so special about this pepper, anyway? Why does it magically calm my legs?
>>
>>7252252
Hot peppers and their powders can go in basically everything. Hungarian, Iberian, South/East Asian, Latin-American... The best way to disperse the flavour of the powder is to mix it in oil.
>>
>Make dark chocolate with 99% cocoa
>Add chili pepper
Elixir of the gods
>>
>>7252252
If you can handle the resulting shits, get some empty gel capsules online (like $5) and fill them with cayenne pepper.

Great energy boost. I used to fill up capsules with about 400mg of cayenne pepper and 100mg of caffeine. Take one before work and be great for the whole shift.

Got tired of filling the capsules, though.
>>
>>7252252
i actually add cayenne pepper to quite a lot of things, i sometimes have it in my meatballs and minced meat sauce or pastasauces that has chicken. it works quite well with a lot of things, just like bell peppers/paprika (or whatever the correct name is)
>>
>>7252252
I've never heard of this home remedy
I occasionally get back spasms
Please elaborate on the science behind this
>>
>>7254759
not op but im gonna go ahead and say that capsaicin makes the body release endorfin to mask pain. not sure if that's the point or not but, still saying it
>>
>>7254809
>>7254759
the endorphins help mask the pain, and the capsaicin is an agonist of ... TRPV-1 I probably have that wrong... which is a pain receptor, so it should kind of tie the system up (homeopathy, hurray!)
>>
+1 on capsules. You have to eat them with a meal or watch out. I recommend bulk ordering the cayanne powder yourself and loading it to ensure freshness and potency. You could also mix it into a suppository or enema for rapid absorption.

If you are having muscle spasms that reguarly, why not go to a doctor and get a workup? its probably something dumb like electrolytes or taurine that could be resolved with a supplement or a pill
>>
I add it to almost everything I make... It really goes with almost anything delending on how you prepare it, except vegetables but it could probably work well on a few
>>
>>7254673
This shit right here. I also do it with added coffee. Cuts right through migraines.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.