[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best fruit juice. And why is it Simply Lemonade w/ Mango?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: IMAGE_90.jpg (96 KB, 720x505) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE_90.jpg
96 KB, 720x505
What is the best fruit juice.
And why is it Simply Lemonade w/ Mango?
>>
>lemonade
>fruit juice

no, friend
>>
>>7251880
The lemon is a fruit.
>>
Mango is the best one. Blueberry was very disappointing.

I remember once having to explain to someone very dumb why lemonade is only like 20% juice instead of 100% like orange juice.
>>
>>7251893
Why is that? I can't imagine pure lemon juice would taste very good, even with sugar added, but is there another reason?
>>
>>7251900
As to why lemonade isn't 100% juice? Because then it's not lemonade, it's just lemon juice, which isn't a beverage but an ingredient. The second you add anything to lemon juice, it stops being 100% juice; and lemonade, almost by necessity is going to be mostly water.. If you just had a glass of pure lemon juice (as in, with no water added) and added some sugar, then it stops being 100% juice.
>>
Overdoing it on fruit juices was the reason I was a fat teen.

Fruit itself is usually either very bitter, very sweet, or both. When you press it and then make a juice concentrate, the bitter fruits (cranberry, lemon, etc) have to have a bunch of sugar added to taste remotely good.

And it's easy as fuck to sip on juice all day like it's water, at least it was for me.

I try not to keep juice in my house at all now.
>>
>>7251900
Haven't you tried drinking 100% lemon juice?
Just squeeze it and drink it.
Even when diluted, it's extremely acidic.

>>7251851
I've been drinking mostly orange juice, that is because orange is typically the only juice you can find without added sugar.
I also like cranberries and sour cherry juice, despite the sugar.
>>
>>7251909
Nearly every fruit juice on the shelves has sugar added, or food coloring, or calcium, or other "electrolytes."

That's why the labels will usually say "Made From 100% Juice" instead.
>>
>>7251921
Not really. There's two brands at my store. One just lists orange juice as the ingredient, the other lists orange concentrate and water.
>>
>>7251921
You just need to stop buying shitty juice.
>>
File: 3058938009_5d136dff15.jpg (218 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3058938009_5d136dff15.jpg
218 KB, 500x375
>>7251929
Dafuq kind of store do you shop at where there's only two brands?

>>7251939
True. Hi, my name is Anon, and I'm a juiceaholic.
>>
>>7251943
I like juice too, but even if you ignore the added sugar and preservatives, fruits along have shittons of sugar and fructose alone.
I don't think you should drink more a a couple glasses of juice per day.
>>
File: 17094344.jpg (35 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
17094344.jpg
35 KB, 480x480
This.
>>
lime is best mixer fuck sour mix
>>
>>7252374
He'll yeah, lime is the superior juice
>>
>>7251971
>sugar
>and
>fructose
lel

You're sort of right though. The fruit juice alone is not as good for you as the whole fruit (where the naturally occurring sugar content would matter less.)
>>
File: PDP_FiveAlive_59.png (319 KB, 300x730) Image search: [Google]
PDP_FiveAlive_59.png
319 KB, 300x730
>>
the kind you juice at home

everything else is pure garbage
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.