[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you eat it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 5
File: ckbtfo.png (260 KB, 518x567) Image search: [Google]
ckbtfo.png
260 KB, 518x567
Would you eat it?
>>
>>7250376
Looks like the steak was too cold when they seared it but yeah, I'd eat it
>>
>>7250376

definitely
>>
Hell no looks gross

but I'm a picky eater and would rather have a hot dog anyway
>>
>>7250376
Yes.
>>
>>7250406
>but I'm a picky eater and would rather have a hot dog anyway

why the fuck are you even here
>>
it would depend on the restaurant and i'd like to see a better picture of the sear. but, probably.

>>7250413
do you think this is a sophisticated board for sophisticated gourmets like yourself?
>>
>>7250376
black people are scared of rare meat and rightly so

who knows what lurks in the rotted meat they buy at the dollar or less store?
>>
>>7250376
Yeah
>>
>>7250376
But of course.
Never forget the horseradish
>>
Not with that much pink. Shit's probably still cold in the middle.
>>
>>7250376
depends on where it came from
>>
>>7250376
not how i'd ideally like it but i've eaten steak that rare before. it was ok t b h
>>
>>7250376
>you might as well run up to the damn cow
except the damn cow hasnt been expertly butchered and aged before being well seasoned and cooked to perfection, fucking what is this clickbait shit?
>>
>>7250462
It doesn't matter if it's cold. Fresh beef is sterile on the inside, the animal's immune system saw to that while it was alive. You only need to cook, preferably sear, the outer layers for it to be safe.

Chicken and pork need to be cooked thoroughly because the infectious things in them were present while the animal was alive.
>>
>>7251005
BTW rare meat IS raw. I know a lot of you think it's been heated to some safe temperature but this is bullshit. If you heat it to the "safe" temperatures they define, it turns gray.

If rare steaks were "cooked" to kill bacteria in them, why isn't there such a thing as rare chicken or pork?
>>
>>7251015
>why isn't there such a thing as rare chicken or pork?

You've obviously never had Jack's cooking
>>
>>7250974
It's black people twitter. They make fun of white people for eating "raw" steaks.
>>
Damn straight I would. Rare is best.

Don't listen to black twitter on food. Anything that isn't deep fried to hell is undercooked to them.
>>
>>7251049
God damn blacks, I dont give a fuck about them as I also dont for 99% of people but fuck they earn it
>>
>>7250380
I'd probably want the rare another 1/8th inch in between both sides, but between that yes.
>>
It looks fucking cold. I like rare steak, but it needs to be warm throughout. Pass.
>>
>>7250406
at least you're honest
>>
>>7250376
Nah, I'd need it cooked a bit more lol.
>>
>>7251015
You don't know very much about meat, do you?
>>
>>7251118
> rare steak
> warm throughout

You are the worst kind of person
>>
>>7251082
Get back under your rock, whitey. It's our turn now.
>>
>>7251015
Chicken and pork don't need to be cooked all the way through. As long as you don't live in the third world and don't let it go bad the meat will be fine. If properly taken care of they can both be served as sashimi, and for several years I have always made my chicken breast medium or medium well.
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/how-to/a10797/eating-raw-chicken-0911/
>>
>>7251374
Most chicken in the first world is fed with cheap grain sourced from Africa. This is where African reptile shit comes from, the source of salmonella. I don't care if the chance of it getting into the breast is smaller than the chance of it hanging around the egg chute. I'm not taking that chance.

The transferability of salmonella between reptiles and chickens is evidence that birds are basically dinosaurs, btw.
>>
>>7251394
I bet you cook your yolks all the way through too, pussy.
>>
>>7251369
Ahahahahahahaha
No, FAR from it
>>
>>7250376
>not well done
>not served with extra ketchup
I'll pass.
>>
>>7251369

holy fuck you stupid nigger the public library is not a place to shitpost from
>>
>>7250376
You might as well be a nigger if your dad look like this

>pic related
>>
>>7251401
No, I just wash the shell before cracking it.
>>
>>7251015

safety guidelines are generally about hitting target temperatures for a minimal amount of time. killing bacteria is a function of both temperature and time. you can take meat to a lower temperature and hold it for longer and it will be just as safe, if not safer, than one that has been brought to an FDA guideline (for instance) temperature and then immediately rested. people often eat pork cooked rare, chicken however is widely considered less palatable this way in addition to overly prudent safety concerns. a steak that is cooked rare is usually still cooked to some extent. cold steaks aren't appealing in my opinion, and you can only really get away with them in the case of tenderloin.

another thing is the fact that the steak is cooked with high heat, i.e: seared. the outside is thoroughly sterilised and the inside, well that was sterile to begin with (in most cases). this is actually just as true for chicken and pork. most people get food poisoning from meat that is very slowly brought up to temperature, often mixed with other ingredients, so that the bacteria reproduces and secretes toxins that are heat resistant. baked breaded chicken, fricassees, stews, stuff like that. anything that constitutes a wet cooking method (which sadly includes deep frying) can be dangerous. high dry heat is usually ok, as long as it's consistent.
>>
>>7250376
Recently I started squeezing fresh lemon on my rare steak that it's cooked in butter. Tastes good and the citrus cuts the fat. Might be weird but I like it
>>
>>7251005
Assuming your cow didn't have cancer. Unless you butchered and bled your cow, really no telling where that shit came from
>>
>>7251594
>anything that constitutes a wet cooking method (which sadly includes deep frying)
deep frying is considered a dry method
>>
>>7250376
>Would you eat it?
>meat
I'm not a fag so no
>>
>>7251005
Not that guy, but while you're right, it does matter in that most people don't want to eat a cold peice of meat
>>
>>7251733

it actually isn't though - at least not at the start. the moisture in the surface of the food forms a barrier around it which prevents the temperature of the food from increasing above the wet bulb temperature until it evaporates.
>>
>eating rare steak

why the fuck would you even ruin a steak like that, medium rare is best for a reason.
>>
>>7251758
In the culinary world deep frying is considered a dry method. Nice try though.
>>
>>7251774

>not choosing the temp based on the cut and cooking method
>>
>>7251779

>nice try

nice try at what exactly?

deep frying is considered a dry method because it's using oil, not water, as a cooking medium. the problem is that the water in the food itself mediates the heating process in the early stages of cooking. this is an especially big problem with breaded foods.
>>
>>7250376
Did Jack cook steak again?
>>
>>7250376

have ordered blue before because was feeling edgy, pretty good
>>
Well, well.
A perfect Blue Rare.
I would eat exactly three bites.
>>
>>7251841
qeq
>>
>>7250376
Yes, please and thank you.
>>
>>7250406
>I'm a picky eater
Your kind need to be gathered up and executed or dumped on a deserted island with no communication with the outside world and no tools.
>>
>>7250376
Only if it came from a high end, respectable establishment.
>>
>>7250429
Martin Luther King exclusively ate chicken and fish never touching a steak in his life. Why? Because those were the only food he could get blackened just like his people
>>
>I'll take my steak blue rare sir
>*teleports behind back*
>silent prayer to waifu gods
>heh who am I kidding I don't believe in magical sky fairies
>slit chad waiter's throat from behind by tipping razor sharp fedora at light speed
>nothing personnel kid
>*teleports back to chair in the blink of an eye*
>think of ideas for noir detective novel while eating steak and red wine (its not degenerate since mom is driving)
>damnit Roger is driving home for mom tonight I'M 26 YOU'RE NOT MY DAD ROGER
>one day she'll quit going for assholes and see you for the nice gentlesir you are
>>
In a chain restaurant I would be hesitant to eat it that rare. Sourcing and cooking it myself or a decent steak house I wouldn't think twice.

I use to almost exclusively eat blue rare but the last 2 months been trying out rare to medium rare and think I might actually prefer it.
>>
>>7252796
It's almost as if you are going by taste and feel now as opposed to doing what other people sad you should do in order to appear manly.
>>
>>7251049
This
You ever see the one that says "white people be like its too spicy" and its a picture of ice on bread
If there was a white person that made one that said "black people be like its too hard I'm dropping out" and had a picture of 2+2 and maybe even some statistics of high school degree rates, there would be riots and backlash and the white diude would be branded as a racist lose his job and have a black panthers bounty on his head
>>
Its not good to eat raw meat of any kind unless you know what you are working with.

Cooking meat throughly elimates bacteria and gives the lifespan of the cut for consumption a longer limit. Hence cold drying and smoking.
>>
>>7253010
It's ok to poke fun at superior races.
>>
>>7250406
>Exposure, plain and simple. Scientists tell us that aversions fade away when we eat moderate doses of the hated foods at moderate intervals, especially if the food is complex and new to us. (Don't try this with allergies, but don't cheat either: few of us have genuine food allergies.) Exposure works by overcoming our innate neophobia, the omnivore's fear of new foods that balances the biological urge to explore for them. Did you know that babies who are breast-fed will later have less trouble with novel foods than those who are given formula? The variety of flavors that make their way into breast milk from the mother's diet prepares the infant for the culinary surprises that lie ahead. Most parents give up trying novel foods on their weanlings after two or three attempts and then complain to the pediatrician; this may be the most common cause of fussy eaters and finicky adults--of omnivores manqués. Most babies will accept nearly anything after eight or ten tries.
fucking improve yourself you basic eating fucktard.
>>
>>7253010
You have a whole system that makes you privledged.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AMY2Bvxuxc
>>
>>7253010
>another race making light of your race's eating habits is the same as your race making light of a tradition of systematic oppression by your own race against that race
As someone who is neither black nor white, and thus impartial, I can assure you that you are a poster child for what is called "false equivalence"

p.s. my race outperforms yours academically and economically so you don't want to go there. The fact is, you are why blacks are poor and have shitty lives. Yes, you. And when they fight back, you deserved it.
>>
>>7253010
Honestly, there's a huge difference between the severity of those statements. One is funny bantz, the other is just a straight insult. If you can't tell the difference, you're probably not as intelligent as you think you are.
>>
>>7251065

>Don't listen to black twitter on anything

ftfy, that whole community is an unbelievable circlejerk
>>
>>7253081
Don't listen to black(s)
FTFY
>>
>>7251369
>>7251049
Why the enormous inferiority complex?
>>
I think OP pic is overdone, also lacks juice. Look how burned the outside is. No seasoning (salt n pepper on outside, then sear) either. 6/10, would eat, but could be better.

My black housemate saw me eating a rare/extra-rare steak and had a shitfit when I offered her some. Said I was a vampire. She mainly eats fast food and fried chicken. I mainly eat salad, oatmeal, soup, and meat. Stereotypes exist for a reason.
>>
>>7253094
N-no they don't. Your room mate is a crisis actor being paid by the patriarchy/racist cabal to perpetuate negative stereotypes about African descended Females. Wake up!
>>
>>7253089
Don't be a fag. Propaganda is the shit to stamp out, not black folk.
>>
I love rare as fuck meat but that steak was cold when dropped in the pan so it's gonna be horrible
>>
>>7250376
I would eat it while sipping a nice scotch. The ethanol would alleviate any concerns I had about pathogens lurking in the meat, and it would be a tasty pairing. that's win-win.
>>
>>7253026
How many times I'm gonna see that.
>>
>>7250376
Looks like maredo. Nope.

I would eat it rare though.
>>
>>7251714
Sounds tasty.
>>
>>7250413
Because I like to watch retards fling shit at each other. It's the closest I'm going to get to the chimp pen in a zoo without actually going to a zoo.
>>
>>7253061
Fuck off Wang Chung
>>
>>7250376
Honestly, If I'm getting steak at a restaurant, I just eat it without checking it, because I would presume that a professional cooking my meat would know how to cook it to an edible level. Besides, if I get sick from it, I can just blame the restaurant.
>>
>>7256712

Why do you find that pleasant? That sounds about as appealing as hitting myself in the foot with a hammer.
>>
>>7256766
He's probably a kike
>>
>>7250380
>falling for the room temp steak meme
kek
>>
>>7251181
Do you really need to ask this?
>>
Its probably a very thick or improper cut that wasnt cooked properly.
>>
>>7250429
well when they cook it for hours to the point that any originala flavor and texture is gone, can't say their food has much going for it.
>>
140* or onto the floor it goes

And it better have rested for at least 5 minutes. If the first bite is hot I'm going elsewhere.
>>
>>7251015
>no such thing as rare chicken

I know a certain Hamplanet that would disagree.
>>
Why is everyone such a god damn pussy now days
>>
Depends on where it was cooked.

More than likely, I wouldn't just out of fear.
>>
>>7250376
Yes, that's blue rare, a very hard to achive steak.
>>
>>7261469
I also know a famous YouTube chef that cooks chicken rare all the time.
>>
>>7261849
It's not being a pussy to not like to spend 16 hours on the toilet, crying sad diarrhea storms. Sometimes that few minutes of flavor isn't worth hours of toilet tantrums
>>
>>7253010
>"white people be like its too spicy" and its a picture of ice on bread
This is true though, especially with white americans.
>>
>>7251049
you mean niggers.
In my fav. ethiopian restaurant, all the black people eat their beef cubed and raw. not even seared. not finely diced. huge ass cubes, sitting there, chewing, eyeing me like the foreigner I am.
>>
>>7262238
Not everyone in the world has a fragile little digestive system like you seem to have.

Stick to your neutral, tasteless, overcooked foods and the rest of us will continue to eat however we please.
>>
>>7263933
>implying you've never gotten sick
Stop arguing like a woman and attack my point rather than me you pile of shit.
>>
I actually have pretty severe allergic reactions to just touching raw red meat. So no, can't eat it even if I wanted to.
>>
>>7263938
Lol what a hypocrite.
>>
>>7250376

I habe eaten steak like that, just not as thick. Yeah, as long as it's not cold, I would eat that.
>>
>>7263938
I am attacking your point. It's not my fault your point makes you sound like a pussy and now you're getting all defensive about it.

Your point was that people get sick from eating rare meat. My point was that not everyone in the world has a weak digestive system that can't handle eating rare meat.

Stop flipping your shit whenever someone disagrees with you on the internet, it'll make you a happier person.
>>
>>7262238
>>7262238
If you're getting food poisoning from meat that has had the outside seared, you probably fucked up somewhere else along the line in the stages to contaminate it

I have an autoimmune disease and only eat my steaks blue and it never makes me sick.. Don't leave your food out to warm or sit in the fridge too long or etc and you won't get significant amounts of bacteria ingested.

I mean... Do you know how food poisoning works?
>>
>>7262238

Never got sick from rare steak.

Ironically I got food poisoned from from fucking tomato pasta in Turkey this summer. That was 2 days of shitstorm in the hospital.
>>
File: stek.jpg (105 KB, 403x331) Image search: [Google]
stek.jpg
105 KB, 403x331
>>7250376
I'd definitely eat it, but I eat shit like steak tartare.
>>
>>7250376
Nope, it's damn near raw.
>>
>>7251374
>I have always made my chicken breast medium or medium well.
*knock knock
Who's there?
*Darwin
>>
>>7250429
African Americans make some of the worst food in the US desu senpai
>>
>>7250376
Anyone who answered yes now has toxoplasmosis.
>>
>>7264404
Anyone who believes this is a certifiable retard.
>>
>>7252523
>>7253026
imagine how empty your life is that you get mad over picky eaters
>>
>>7264386
Beans and rice, biscuits and gravy, mac&cheese, collard greens, pecan pie, cobbler, cornbread, Fried Fucking Chicken

t b h f a m
>>
>>7257195
Who said anything about that? I put my steak in a room temp pot of water and apply heat. I allow the temperature of the water to slowly raise to 130 Fahrenheit before I sear it
>>
>>7251374
Ja/ck/ please go
>>
No thanks. I hate the chewy/mushy texture of uncooked meat.

Rare is about as far as I'll go.
>>
The faggotry is strong in this thread.
Undercooked/raw beef has now reached meme level because of this bullshit.
Hurr Durr
Rare is GOAT
Durppppp
Kill yourselves hipster fags.
>>
>>7264419
Terrible bait.
>>
>>7264386
White Midwesterners have everybody else beat by a fucking landslide in that category, and also, you're just wrong.
>>
>>7250376
A bit rare, but yeah, and I'd enjoy it. Red meat is always rare when you're a poor fag.
>>
File: whoops.png (399 KB, 684x361) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
399 KB, 684x361
>>7250376
Juicy
>>
>>7250376
If my steak DOESN'T look like that, I'll send it back.

What concerns me more is that cheap-ass looking steak-knife.
>>
File: morbo.png (20 KB, 280x218) Image search: [Google]
morbo.png
20 KB, 280x218
>>7264404
>>
File: all kinds of gains.jpg (1 MB, 2736x1824) Image search: [Google]
all kinds of gains.jpg
1 MB, 2736x1824
>>7250376
My lunch yesterday
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.