[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flatbread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 300px-TortaFrita.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-TortaFrita.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
Do you like flatbread? Wich one do you think it's the best?
Pita,Chapati, naan, tortilla, arepa, all included.
I've tried making chapati but they resultado too crumbly and break when folded. Then i've tried the same doguh but with yeast and ended much better.
Pic related are "tortas fritas" (fried cakes), my local version of flatbread.
>>
I used to make it a lot, but it's too much work. I make regular bread exclusively now.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 450x600
Flatbread's great, as is bread in general, but flatbreads seem to combine better with things while risen bread stands on its own more. The connection between the end result and the ingredients and process feels simpler and more obvious with flatbreads too.
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Naan >>>>>> corn tortilla >> flour tortilla >>>> chapati > pita > arepa
>>
>>7249369
??? Flatbreads are easy to make
>>
lavash, my friends
>>
File: pizza 6.3.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
pizza 6.3.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
I enjoy using frozen pizza flat breads to build a meal on top of.
>>
>>7250734
>corn tortilla
>flour tortilla
Shit taste
>>
>>7250741
Not when you're making bread all the time. All I do is dump the kneaded dough from my bread machine into a bread-pan, let it rise, and bake.
>>
I think the only flat breads ive had are tortillas and since they sell them pretty readily those are probably the best although the fried cakes sound good.
>>
Can I have a naan recipe?
>>
>>7250804
No
>>
>>7250804
Please
>>
I grew up having corn tortillas with almost every meal, so I obviously have a soft spot for the humble tortilla. A good peshwari naan is heavenly, though.
>>
>>7249351
naan is really delicious and easy to make. it's chewy and soft and good for eating plain, making a sandwich, or even frying with cinnamon and sugar.

>>7250804
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/grilled-naan-recipe

I have a family recipe very similar to this, but instead of using all the brand types of flour this recipe suggests, we use all bread flour.

making the sponge first and adding the other ingredients later is very important. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder is good to use instead of the baking soda and tartar separate. its better cooked with tandoor or barbecue grill but if you don't have one you can use skillet over med-hi heat instead.
>>
I like how fast they are, five minutes from nothing. Especially when I want something starchy for lunch and I realise I've run out of bread like an idiot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.