[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cooked and ate ungutted cod.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: asdf.jpg (53 KB, 1000x725) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
53 KB, 1000x725
Hello /ck/.
For a couple weeks now I've been cooking a lot myself for health reasons.
Inevitably I decided to get some fish, and nothing seemed easier than buying a frozen fish and putting it in the oven.

I bought a frozen whole headless cod, and simply put it in the oven until it was cooked. No thawing or anything, just keeping in 2 hours on low temperature and then on higher temp for another 30 min-1 hour.

After eating most of the fish, I actually paid attention to the fact that it wasn't gutted (I assumed it would be).

Was this dangerous? I didn't eat the meat surrounding the guts, but I assume the juice of the pan did touch some of the meat I ate.

Am I supposed to thaw it, gut it and then cook it? Is there something else I need to know about frozen fish?
>>
>>7248899
i don't cook and eat organ meats in the animal, but i'd assume as long as you cooked it to temp, you'll be fine. Guts are usually avoided due to parasites, and heat kills them (if it's up to temp), and the same goes for bacteria, so you'll be fine.

Don't worry about it and sperg yourself into being sick
>>
RIP in peace OP your done for
>>
>>7248904

desu my stomach kind of feels weird, but i did eat an entire cod accompanied by 2 cucumbers as "salad".

Given the amount of time I've been baking the fish, I'm pretty confident I killed the parasites.
>>
Just heat it properly and it's not an issue.
Cod liver is very healthy as well (muh omega 3), just eat it.
>>
>>7248899
Your cod was already frozen.

You are fine.
>>
>>7248899
You're done.

Can I have your stereo?
>>
>>7248905
>RIP in peace
>Rest In Peace in peace
>>
>>7248953
how new a person can be
>>
>>7248953

How new?
>>
>>7248953
No matter how long I stay here, sometimes you just can't tell apart irony and ignorance.
How meta is too meta?
>>
>>7248899
>After eating most of the fish, I actually paid attention to the fact that it wasn't gutted (I assumed it would be).
WTF. What third world existence did this come from? Ungutted fish is exactly how you get inner spoilage from gut contents that fester. Kidneys, liver are filters before those flavors go into the flesh. Depending where the fish was caught, the contents of those organs could be pretty gross, not to mention laced with mercury accumulation.
>>
>>7248970

Really new.
>>
>asdf.jpg

Why not just this_is_bait.jpg and be done with it, faggot?
>>
>>7248972
Really dumb.
>>
>>7248978
Why should I type a long descriptive title on a stock photo of decapitated fish?
Also what makes you think this is bait?
>>
>>7248981

That too, poor guy.
>>
>>7248982

Cause it's almost like a trademark for bait. May be I'm wrong in your case...
>>
>>7248899
You should be just fine. Just curious though, none of the insides were taken out? Because that seems weird.
>>
File: 1451865377766.gif (2 MB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
1451865377766.gif
2 MB, 300x161
>>7248905
>Rest In Peace in peace

LOL you stupid numbnuts.
>>
>>7249002
I it did look like there was an incision mark on the lower part, but there were organs on the front part of it's belly.
Maybe they remove some of them (?) before freezing it.
I really don't know.
>>
>>7248970
>>7249007
Look at this damage control. Pathetic.
>>
>>7249007

You just won Dumbest Post of the Week Award. Congrats.
>>
Wait so you took a piece of meat and without inspecting it, seasoning it, marinading it, doing anything in any way that would have given you any hint that the guts were still inside you put it in the oven to cook?

Do people do this? Am I weird?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.