[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I butchered my first deer today. It was roadkill, but it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
I butchered my first deer today. It was roadkill, but it was in one piece and it was fresh. What should I do with it?
>>
>>7248252

buy some new jeans grandpa
>>
>>7248252
Toss it because it's roadkill.
>>
>>7248252
Venison steak, stew and jerky.
How about a chicken fried venison steak or venison cordon bleu?
>>
Pull a Tom green
>>
>>7248252
Why not take the antlers or head? Not mass cuz of waste, antlers just seem like they'd be cool to make stuff out of, chopsticks, shaving brush, knife handle, wall mount. Mount on my car. Etc. Also you coulda made stock with bones.
>>
Don't eat roadkill.
>>
>>7248252
grind it up into burger meat.
>>
>>7248382
This.

I did this a couple days ago, threw them on the grill and they were great.

Got about 5 lbs of burger meat just from all the offcuts and trimmings off 1 deer.
>>
Been a while since I done had roadkill in my belly
>>
>>7248298

Assuming it's still warm and the fur looks good, why not? Can you really judge the health of then animal better by seeing it standing still grazing in your scope?
>>
>>7248252
isn't roadkill legal property of the state?
>>
Venison jerky is great, I'm still not sold on grinding it up for burger meat, it's a bit too lean and tastes a little strange imo, steaks are good if you cook them slow enough though
>>
File: revenant.jpg (51 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
51 KB, 600x338
>>7248252
Sleep in it.
>>
>>7248252
Make pet food.
>>
Grill some venison strips. Eat that shit straight off the grill.
>>
>Eating roadkill

I might not like hunters eating bambies but I can respect they killed it themselves you scavenger
>>
>>7248252
So is this thread a joke or what, I dont hunt but ive seen a lot of deer up on skinning stands and shit as I drive through my neighborhood. Ive been to friends who have them on tables. I have never seen a mangled mass of deer like this before on the fucking ground with its head attached and feet and shit whats going on bro
>>
>>7250138
>Sir we've received a report that you collected a dead animal that would have cost time and money for us to remove, you're under arrest

>>7250307
>bambies
Cry more
>>
>>7250372

>Cry more

Sure, it's not like you're too much of a pussy to kill your own bambie and would rather act like a vulture
>>
>>7250307
its illegal to waste good roadkill in alaska at least
>>
File: getout.jpg (29 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
getout.jpg
29 KB, 400x222
>>7248252
For fucks sake you're butchering road kill? Jesus fuck. Let's walk through an alternate scenario...
>This is America where a decent hunting rifle can be had for 3-4 bills.
>A hunting license and ammo can be bought at fucking Wal Mart for relatively cheap.
>Public land is everywhere in America
>Schedule a weekend where you can go out and kill a deer yourself instead of scavenging like a fucking African sub-human.
>>
>>7250521
So spend more time and money on the project just because some Big Lebowski fan might not respect me otherwise.

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
Sounds dangerous to simply eat wild animals without any kind of meat inspection.
>>
>>7248252
If deer has no arms or legs how does deer walk?
>>
>>7250521
I'm well aware this isn't /k/ or /pol/ but it is sort of the duty of every American, assuming you're a citizen of God's chosen nation, to own a firearm for personal protection and sustenance.

Also, it's kind of gross just taking a deer that's been laying there in the sun for several hours.
>>
>>7250531 this>>7250556 was meant for you
>>
File: Capture.png (71 KB, 168x172) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71 KB, 168x172
>>7250556
>it is the dusty of every american to own a gun

hahahaha what
>>
>>7250558
Well unlike Europoors we have this vast and rich continent to make use of.
>>
>>7250521
>For fucks sake you're butchering road kill?
There's literally nothing wrong with eating a fresh road-killed deer.

In fact it'd be a waste to just leave it laying there.

People often leave deer out in the woods over night and track them the next morning.
>>
*banjo music starts playing*
>>
>>7250138
>>7250372

It's illegal to take roadkill that's a game animal
>>
A co-worker of mine did the same thing, found a nice big buck on the side of the road, and he made some jerky, summer sausage, and lots of other things. I tried the jerky and the summer sausage and it was fantastic.
>>
>>7250865
forgot what board/thread I was reading and this made my head spin
>>
>>7250138
depends on the state
>>
>>7250312
Roadkill scavengers usually do just this, fillet the backstraps out and take the rear hams off. At least OP took the front shoulders, too. I used to scavenge hind leg tendon off of roadkill for my crafts and saw this many times.
>>
>>7250535
LOL
>>
I wouldn't eat roadkill because the organs and stomach juice get over everything and that's bad.
But I don't think the legs would be too bad.
>>
>>7248252
>mfw when I eat at a hole in the wall restaurant
>>
>>7248252
>eating roadkill

wow that's real fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7253213
Eating meat in general is fucking disgusting, yet I bet you enjoy hamburgers, fucking disgusting amerifat.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill_cuisine

If the animal is not obviously suffering from disease, the meat is no different from that obtained by hunting. The practice of eating roadkill is legal, and even encouraged in some jurisdictions, while it is tightly controlled or restricted in other areas

Advantages of the roadkill diet, apart from its low cost, are that the animals that roadkill scavengers eat are naturally high in vitamins and proteins with lean meat and little saturated fat, and generally free of additives and drugs
>>
>>7253240

I'm neither American nor fat.
Eating meat is not disgusting, but eating roadkill really is.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (309 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
309 KB, 1024x681
>>7253260
I beg to differ.
>>
>>7253260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CStG9aDs1gw
>>
>>7250535
Your meat has to be inspected because of the horrible conditions on most farms. Why would you need someone to tell you if your deer kill is covered in feces?

>>7250521
/pol/ just go. What the fuck does any of this have to do with Africans? You're a little white faggot.
>>
>>7253315

>deer eat lead
>deer eats mercury
>deer eats other contaminated food
>deer fell in a pile of human waste yesterday, and chewed through biohazardous hospital waste

>you eat this deer

>"what could possibly go wrong"
>>
>>7253358
>>deer eat lead
>>deer eats mercury

Why on earth would you think that deer would eat those things? Heavy metals are not a concern for terrestrial wildlife.

>>deer fell in a pile of human waste yesterday
lol, sure.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.