[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a friend tell me mustard is a superior condiment to ketchup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: mustisrightinthename.jpg (89 KB, 1200x859) Image search: [Google]
mustisrightinthename.jpg
89 KB, 1200x859
I had a friend tell me mustard is a superior condiment to ketchup in every situation.

I tried to prove him wrong, but I couldn't. Is he right?
>>
a good trick on someone is to take their macaroni and cheese and put a lot of mustard in it
>>
>>7247913
Other than fried potatoes (all types), mustard is superior
>>
>putting mustard on your steak
>>
>>7247976
>fried potatoes (all types)
>condiment
I what?
>>
>>7248003
KETCHUP IS BETTER FOR POTATOS
>>
>>7247913
Ketchup = better umami. Mustard = better tangy
>>
Mustard is God. Don't believe? Rarebit.
>>
>>7247976
This is correct
>>
>>7248011
Fuck you, mustard over baked or fried potatoes is GOD-tier, provided they've been salted properly.
>>
>>7247913
I honestly like both.
>>
>>7248212
Isn't that stuff basically just "I was about to make mac & cheese but I gave up because we were out of pasta and I poured it on toast instead"
>>
I'd love to hear his arguments, I bet they're silly.

>the acidity better compliments the PLBBBBBBLBLB
>>
>>7248237
With beer and worcestershire sauce, yeah.
>>
>>7248330
That doesn't sound like it goes together at all but I want to try it now. What kind of beer?
>>
>>7248334
Definitely look up the recipe. If you want, throw a fried egg and crumbled bacon on top too. There are tons of variations as it is really just about the sauce. And I just use Shiner Bock. For a simple britbong meal I have yet to feel the need to start trying different ale and cheese combinations.
>>
Get on thr Chub train and move away from tomate based ketchup.

All a ketchup really is , a fruit , salt (or anchovies), spices, sugar, and vinegar

I like a spicy pinaple ketchup
>>
>>7247913
Easy.
French fries.
>>
>>7247913
Mustard is ridiculously useful and versatile.
>>
>>7248971
unlike you
>>
>>7247913
>I had a friend tell me mustard is a superior condiment to ketchup in every situation.
>I tried to prove him wrong, but I couldn't. Is he right?
OP, it's like hot sauce (sour tabasco vs pure heat crystal). Modern ketchups contain a bigger ratio of vinegar to retard spoilage to prevent bad press, and to counter the vinegar, contains more sugar too! Bad versions of canned tomatoes and bad spaghetti sauce contain more sugar too.

If you have homemade ketchup, or buy something other than the two major brands, you'll probably enjoy it more. Think using chili sauce or banana ketchup, something foreign from the caribbean, or homemade, for a little condiment "ohhhh yum" with those fries, or to top a meatloaf.

The issue with picking on people who like baby-sweet food on the internet, like ketchup, is that it's too sweet. Adult tastes tend to mature towards like bitter or sour foods, thinks more spicy vs bland, and hot!, and mustard is sharp, piquant, and yes, more useful to more recipes. It's also better on sausages and hot dogs.

What I can't STAND culturally, is the ketchup on eggs abuse I see among latins (mostly). I just think why not chop a tomato and add it to the eggs in the first place, or roast some whole tomatoes on the side. Having vinegar and sugar on eggs (sweet n sour) turns me off completely, and when I witness this, it's usually slathered on profusely. I feel the same way about hot sauce on eggs. I'll enjoy some cholula, valentina, crystal on a runny egg yolk, fried egg sandwich, but hell no on Tabasco.
>>
>>7247913
Are you stupid?
Scrambled eggs? Grilled cheese? Hotdogs? Perogies?
If you put mustard on any of the above you have serious problems.
>>
>>7249070
>>hot dogs
>>bad with mustard
you are the retarded one.
as for everything else you listed. none of them would benefit from having ketchup more than mustard.
>>
Mustard on eggs? No thanks. I'll take my catsup, please.
>>
>>7248987
>I'll enjoy some cholula, valentina, crystal on a runny egg yolk, fried egg sandwich, but hell no on Tabasco.
So essentially what you are saying here is you have the same shit taste as everyone else, but you feel that your brand of red vinegar garbage makes you a True Gastronome

You're transparent as fuck, just drink bleach please
>>
>>7247913
ketchup is for children
>>
>>7248987
I put ketchup on eggs when I'm in a breakfast buffet situation and the eggs are unsalted, dry, and scrambled.
>>
>>7247913
Make some from scratch. Then see what is said.
>>
>>7249070
Ketchup doesn't belong on any of those things.
>>
>>7248977
Rude dubs
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.