[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is rice such a goddamn pain in the ass to cook properly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: V6dzE.jpg (49 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
V6dzE.jpg
49 KB, 500x743
Why is rice such a goddamn pain in the ass to cook properly?
>>
Get a rice cooker. Put a correct balance of rice and water in it. Press button. Come back 30 minutes later, and it's done.
>>
>>7244750
What kind of rice at what consistentcy?
>>
File: NS-LAC05XA.jpg (15 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
NS-LAC05XA.jpg
15 KB, 300x287
>>7244750
I don't have that problem.

>nb4 the "I cook rice in a pot" fags ruin the thread
>>
>>7244750
It's not.
>>
>>7244760

Trying to achieve fluffy Basmati that's not overly sticky, but it always turns out mushy and bland.
>>
it's not. it's super easy

>mfw someone lifts the lid on my rice pot
>>
>>7244768
Wash it well and soak it before you cook it.
>>
>>7244750
It really isn't, you wash the rice, put it in a pot, put water in, medium until boil, put on a lid then low for 20 mins, then cut the heat and wait. That's it.
>>
>>7244773

I always rinse until the water essentially runs clear and then soak it for 15 minutes and it still fucks up.
>>
>>7244775
what's your elevation? if you're 1000 feet + above sea level look into making some adjustments
>>
>>7244789

5500 feet, so I accommodate by having slightly more than a 2:1 ratio of water to rice and simmer for 5 extra minutes, but that's just what the package recommends.
>>
>>7244772
My friend did that once.

He was wearing a hat to cover up his shitty hair. I took his hat off and threw it outside, over the balcony of the second floor. His hair looked like the Flock of Seagulls from the 80s hair band days. People laughed, he got embarrassed, called me an asshole and never touched anything in the kitchen again.
>>
>>7244789
>what's your elevation?
I'm pretty high atm
>>
>>7244797
oh shit that's high.. i don't think 5 extra minutes will cut it
use a pressure cooker
>>
>>7244797
Maybe try skipping the soaking (seeing as you're forced to add the extra cooking time anyway) and salt it before hand to form the grains up?
>>
Dunno man, instructions on my rice says to add them to boiling salted water and boil them for 20 minutes on low heat and lid
They always come out cooked
>>
>>7244750
This is the best meme.
>>
>>7244750
You can get a cheap rice cooker for around $15. Even if you only eat rice once a week its worth it for perfect rice that you don't have to babysit on the stove.
>>
dont be a faggot. 2 cups water little salt or chicken boiluon. boil add rice and simmer for 20 minutes with lid on. remove heat wait 5 minutes.
>>
File: Rice.jpg (41 KB, 522x305) Image search: [Google]
Rice.jpg
41 KB, 522x305
Buy pic related.

1 cup of rice in 1.5 cups water.
Bring to boil, cover, turn down to low heat.
Wait 20 minutes, turn off heat.
Wait 10 minutes, then serve.

No need for a rice cooker.
>>
>>7244775
Try not soaking it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.