[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Klein, inventor of the Jelly Belly, making a sweet comeback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
Recently launched a kickstarter for a new line of caffeinated jelly beans. I wonder if they'll have a pumpkin spice latte flavor in the future? lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecandyman/help-the-candyman-make-his-come-back
>>
>>7242473
>caffeinated
great
>>
Jelly belly isn't an invention, it's a brand

And if he has jelly belly money he doesn't need crowd funding
Also nobody wants this
>>
File: Candyman_Poster6_web.jpg (160 KB, 570x881) Image search: [Google]
Candyman_Poster6_web.jpg
160 KB, 570x881
>>7242514
He sold the Jelly Belly brand back in the 1980s, and they pretty much forced him to sign a non-competitive agreement that ended in 2000. Since then he's been trying to develop a new product.

He's got a documentary all about it called "Candyman: The David Klein Story"
>>
>implying anybody buys jelly belly's tiny hipster portions over a dollar-store sack of jellybeans
>implying jelly beans taste different between brands
>>
>>7242675
Jelly bellies taste better but I'd have that dollar store brand one if it didn't have those shitty nigger ones
>>
>>7242473
>Oh, what can I do to make something slightly different from what I'm already good at? OH make it caffeinated.
>>
File: 110147122[1].jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
110147122[1].jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>Not buying belly flops

You fools
>>
fuck stupid jellybean flavors
fuck buttered popcorn especially
>>
File: frog (2).png (112 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
frog (2).png
112 KB, 354x363
When I was obese this guy used to be my hero. I used to 'invent' jelly bean flavors and submit them to him, basically by melting lard into pots and adding other things into the lard then floating the jelly beans in them overnight. My best flavor inventions

>Indian dream, melted lard, curry powder and mango chutney
>Biodegradable Berries, melted plastic, lard and blueberry
>Coffee Creamer Extra Weak, lard with cream
>Cheese Please! cottage, cheddar and american cheese with lard
>Game Meat Supreme, just standard beef with white chocolate painted on to make it look like zebra
>Powdered soup, lard and powdery soup
>Lard Double, lard and lard

used to eat bagfuls of these
>>
>jelly beans

is this 1930
>>
>>7243400
>irregular jelly beans
Why am I laughing
>>
>>7243443
Why
>>
>>7243443
you missed the part where it mentions he sold the jelly belly brand back in 1980, and jelly belly didn't actually get big as a company until after 2001.
>>
>>7243502
I was obese until 8 months ago
>>
>>7243400
They sell the messed up beans? Fucking genius
>>
>>7243400
Does anyone even buy the new ones now?
>>
>>7242473
Anyone else think this was Robin Williams from the thumbnail?
>>
He should make jelly beans that have vitamins found in the foods they taste like, like an asparagus bean or salmon bean.
>>
>>7243006
Give them to me. They're the best ones.

They do clash with every single other flavour, though. They need to be eaten alone.
>>
>>7243588

I'm a bit confused on what you're talking about? I never claimed to have made the kickstarter. I do know the person who made the kickstarter though. Not posting my relationship for privacy reasons, lol.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x622
>>7243443
lmao is this real??
>>
>>7244389
It's possible he just made the thread because he wants to talk about it, like people tend to do on forums, or maybe spread the word because he wants to see these jelly beans get funded because he loves jelly beans. Do you only make threads if there's a prize in it for you? You must not make many threads.
>>
File: mystery-flavor_5.jpg (61 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
mystery-flavor_5.jpg
61 KB, 640x430
>>7243549
Why not?

Minimize expenses, and maximize profits.

Dum Dums' "Mystery" flavor is actually the mix between the end of one flavor's batch and the beginning of the next flavor's batch.

Because cleaning out the machines to prepare a different flavor is too much work.
>>
>>7244411
Now you're redirecting. I don't really care about this guy or this thing, I just thought your last post was pretty dumb.
>>
>>7243600
yes
>>
>>7244411
It's kind of sketchy, I don't own a "moderate-sized" candy factory but I can get a fuckin 10k loan from the bank. So this guy can't scrape up the initial funds himself? Got to go beg on crowd funding?
>>
>>7244411

that actually wasn't me but i'm glad there's other people here that see the stupidity of your argument. you're probably just salty because your mommy didn't let you have any candy as a child (and still doesn't let you have any).

and if you had taken the time to read any other post instead of throwing a tantrum, you'd have found the post near the top of the thread talking about how he was forced to sign a non-competitive agreement that lasted 20 years by the company that bought the jelly belly brand.
>>
>In 1980, Klein and his partner sold their interest in the Jelly Belly to The Herman Goelitz Candy Company, for $5 million, to be paid out over 20 years. Klein and his partner each received about $10,000 per month for 20 years, in exchange for their share of the Jelly Belly brand, including the trademark of that name.

Fucker has 2.5m under his belt and still begs for money? LMAO.
>>
>>7242675
jelly belly co has the best flavorists for jelly beans by far, I haven't found anything close, other brands taste like nigger-tier regular jelly beans, and those are hot fucking garbage
>>
>>7244459
The kickstarter campaign is PR pure and simple. The 10k represents a pretty big single order for his product, which he can point to in his books and use as an argument when dealing with various purchase managers: "look clearly there is a market for this product, buy my beans!"
>>
>>7245828
>other brands taste like nigger-tier regular jelly beans, and those are hot fucking garbage

Hear, hear!
>>
>>7246085
Point taken.
>>
>>7243430
For some reason it's hard to breathe through my nose when I'm chewing one. It makes me really uncomfortable. Is it just me?
>>
File: timcurry.jpg (107 KB, 634x801) Image search: [Google]
timcurry.jpg
107 KB, 634x801
>>7243443

is this real life?
>>
>>7242553
Watched it, made me hell of depressed
>>
>>7242473
>caffeinated meme beans

Just what /ck/ needed.
>>
>>7242473
I hope I'm not the only one that thought OP's image was Robin Williams drowning in a sea of Skittles.
>>
File: 1387639381253.gif (411 KB, 275x152) Image search: [Google]
1387639381253.gif
411 KB, 275x152
>>7243443
>Cheese Please! cottage, cheddar and american cheese with lard
>>
>>7243443
>Lard Double
Does it taste any different from Lard Single?
>>
>>7242553
>He sold the Jelly Belly brand
>they pretty much forced him to sign a non-competitive agreement

He sold it; GLADLY signed the agreement; then saw the brand make $$$$$$$$$$; realized he sold for chump change; attempts to relive the dream and not make the same mistake twice.

good luck..
>>
>>7244429
Same thing for airheads white mystery, and just about every mystery flavour
>>
>>7249185
I miss him anon, I really do.
>>
>>7249421
Are there any candy or snack products where the mystery flavor is actually one solid defined flavor and not just a mix of existing flavors?
>>
>>7249807

don't ruin the mystery, anon
>>
>>7249809
I don't mean an actual nameable flavor, just a flavor that is hard to determine, but always uses the same ingredients.
>>
>>7242473
he should have enough money to fund his own shit and throw it at the market, why kickstart it?
>>
>>7251501
>and while I gave up the rights to it

wow nvm what a retard
>>
>>7251501
>why kickstart it?
>why get free money?
some guy was on /ck/ a long time ago trying to do one to get money for a big mac. everyone abused him and he tried to do the "haha it was just a joke guys..." thing before leaving
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.