[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever do custom orders at restaurants, /ck/? How does the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Crispy-Hash-browns-009.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Crispy-Hash-browns-009.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
Do you ever do custom orders at restaurants, /ck/?
How does the staff feel about it?

I went to a diner for lunch today. I've been there probably a hundred times and have had just about everything on the menu, and I wanted something particular, so I improvised.

I ordered hashbrowns topped with
- onions
- peppers
- jalepenos
- tomatoes
- mushrooms
- bacon
- ham
then covered in chili and cheese, run through the salamander, and threw a fried egg on top.

It was the best goddamn thing I've ever eaten.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
I always order the salamander, but it's not on the menu
>>
What's the salamander in layman's terms?
>>
>>7240875
ttiwwp
>>
>>7240895
Oven
>>
>>7240895
>>7240909
wif no door
>>
If it's not super high end, and the waitstaff know's you (and you tip decently), nobody is going to give a fuck (aside from the kitchen, who will get used to it if you make it your regular).

If you come in every time and make completely different modifications people will start getting annoyed, but just flat out ask the waitstaff if it's a problem, or if the kitchen is too busy at the moment.

It's another term for a broiler (in the States), which is basically just an upside down grill; i.e. the fire comes from the top, and you slide the food in a few inches below it to brown the tops of things and melt cheese. Nothing is ever put under a salamander for more than a minute, and it's usually the last step a dish gets before the garnish.
>>
If it's not super high end, and the waitstaff know's you (and you tip decently), nobody is going to give a fuck (aside from the kitchen, who will get used to it if you make it your regular).

If you come in every time and make completely different modifications people will start getting annoyed, but just flat out ask the waitstaff if it's a problem, or if the kitchen is too busy at the moment.

>>7240895

It's another term for a broiler (in the States), which is basically just an upside down grill; i.e. the fire comes from the top, and you slide the food in a few inches below it to brown the tops of things and melt cheese. Nothing is ever put under a salamander for more than a minute, and it's usually the last step a dish gets before the garnish.
>>
>>7240936
>nobody is going to give a fuck (aside from the kitchen, who will get used to it if you make it your regular).
I sat at the bar, which is right in front of the kitchen. The guys didn't miss a step in the prep, like it was any regular order.
>>
>>7240875
So you ate Waffle House hash browns when you weren't at Waffle House.

Congratulations.
>>
>>7240945
God I gotta start calling it that.

Is it still refered to as broiling or can I call it salamanderring?
>>
File: 250px-Feuer_Salamander_2.jpg (23 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
250px-Feuer_Salamander_2.jpg
23 KB, 250x226
>>7241442
Salamander your heart out, anon.

(Don't actually do that.)
>>
Custom orders are fine when it's not busy but when it's busy, it's very annoying.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.