[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I buy food grade mealworms?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_3648.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3648.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
Where can I buy food grade mealworms?
>>
The pet store.
Near the reptile tanks.
>>
>>7237827
That's not food grade. If you buy those, you can breed them and their offspring will be food grade, but the pet store ones are pet-grade and may be exposed to things you wouldn't want to eat.

Source: breed own insects
>>
>>7237827
Are they safe for human consumption? I'm gonna fry them up and use them as salad topping
>>
>>7237837
thanks for the info! I've been researching and it doesn't seem like it takes to long to breed them. Have you experimented with feeding them fruits and spices to season them from the inside out?
>>
>>7237847
They won't take in the flavor of things you feed them, but they will be more/less nutritious based off it. I feed mine Repashy Superload, leaf litter (must be dry leaves), slices of fruit/vegetable peel, jellies (they love orange!), and Purina Cricket Chow.

Also try breeding dubia roaches. The beetles that mealworms pupate into are kind of annoying. Dubias are more nutritious and won't be a pest if they escape. They're also much easier to breed and easy to sell.
>>
File: 1436374011397.png (22 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1436374011397.png
22 KB, 344x291
>this thread
>>
>>7239919
Its cheeper, more environmentally friendly, and just as nutritious as conventional meat.

Truly the food of the future proletariat in an age dominated and ravaged by capitalist excess
>>
>>7240549
I'd rather be a part of the beef bourgeoise
>>
from the food grade meal worm mart.
>>
>>7240559
We'll reeducate you to eat your mealworms and like it too
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.