[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indian Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Chicken Madras.jpg (112 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Madras.jpg
112 KB, 800x572
What does /ck/ think of Indian food?
I love it. Chicken Madras and Aloo Dum are my usual go-to dishes. Aloo Dum is also very easy to make.
>>
>>7228985
ur dum

rekt
>>
File: indian dishes.jpg (96 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
indian dishes.jpg
96 KB, 620x387
Love it too. Nepalese too.

I've enjoyed pretty much all chicken dishes, butter chicken being my favorite. Recommend me some other meat dishes.
>>
>>7228990
grow up
>>
File: 1451770621158.gif (2 MB, 492x300) Image search: [Google]
1451770621158.gif
2 MB, 492x300
>inb4 pooinloo
>inb4 designated
>>
>>7228985
>Aloo

ALOO
L
O
O
>>
>>7228992
Ragan Josh (there's a ton of variant spellings, like rogan gosht.) is a mild beef dish. Very delicious.

Any methi dish, like methi beef, and methi lamb is also good.
All of the korma meat dishes are great if you want a sweet and mild dish.
Beef or lamb Dhansak is also a mandatory meat dish.

So is vindaloo, but a lot of people don't like the spice level.

I have yet to try Nepalese food. Is it pretty similar to indian?
>>
cheeken vindaloo or gfto
>>
Does anyone know of any good vegetarian Indian recipes they've tried and enjoyed?
>>
>>7229026
This nice lady always makes delicious vegetarian recipes. Helped me immensely when I was learning to cook in the style.

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/
>>
>>7229026

Don't have a recipe but got a dish worth checking out. Chili paneer is soft cheese cubes in spicy sauce.
>>
>>7229006
Eating beef in an indian dish you should die by the many daggers of vishnu
>>
File: 1440898337946.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1440898337946.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>A LOO
to poo in?
>>
File: indian food.jpg (219 KB, 500x776) Image search: [Google]
indian food.jpg
219 KB, 500x776
So I've been with this lady for almost 10 years now and she cant eat ginger or chile or cumin.

What sort of Indian cuisine that is good can I make without those things?
>>
>>7229044
Do you ever get tired of making the same jokes every Indian thread?
>>
>>7229042
They wanted to know meat dishes, personally I only make vegetarian indian dishes.
>>
>>7229048
http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/sweet-saffron-rice/
or Plain Paneer
Gulab Jamun for dessert.
Many breads
>>
A few poo jokes are funny but when it comes to the point where we can't even discuss an entire nation's cuisine because of it is pretty aggravating. I'm not even Indian, but a lot of the food looks really good and I'd like some first hand experiences from people who cook it.
>>
>>7229026

I do vegan dishes and routinely make chana masala and rajma masala. Both are pretty tasty but are essentially the same except for different beans. I always look for different recipes but they always call for spices I don't have so I just end up making the same thing.

This is a good site that seems to have mostly indian commenters.

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/
>>
>>7229069
That is a great website, I use it a lot!
Masoor Dal and Toor Dal soups are real winners. Easy to make.

I suppose I'm fortunate to have access to an Indian Grocery store. I feel like there's always substitutes for any spices you don't have access to, though.
>>
File: hwd.jpg (88 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
hwd.jpg
88 KB, 540x540
Thank you everyone for the veg recipes, I really appreciate it!
>>
File: 1447538499360.jpg (4 KB, 130x130) Image search: [Google]
1447538499360.jpg
4 KB, 130x130
>>7229084

me too, I live down the street from a patel brothers and not far from an independent place that have basically any indian ingredient you could ever want. Their masoor daal recipe looks good but I feel like its going to be the exact same as what I already make because all the spices are the same.

I want to make a biryani but the number of veggies always turns me off, mostly because I tend to not plan ahead and just make things that only need onions and garlic, chili, ginger paste.

Does anyone buy premade garlic-ginger paste? Is it worth it? I've started just using a food processor and that cuts down on the cooking time but having to chop and peel all those chilies, garlic, and ginger each time is annoying. I real ought to just make a bunch and freeze it.
>>
>>7229063
Lets try to stick to main dishes, desert isn't really sustainable.

paneer is okay, what else?
>>
>>7229130
I use garlic-ginger paste, it's fine, and definitely cuts down the prep time. My one complaint is that the ginger is not as ginger-ish, the tang isn't as strong as fresh.
>>
>>7229145
There's not much main dishes that don't use chilli, ginger and cumin, those three were the only ones I could think of. Just don't even bother with Indian food.
>>
Are there any good lower calorie indian dishes you guys can recommend?
>>
>>7230341
This is just sort of indian inspired, or 'curry flavoured' but it's so easy and goes great on rice.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/02/quick-curried-chick-peas/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.