[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that chopsticks are an obselete eating utensils.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: Chopstick.png (431 KB, 1920x672) Image search: [Google]
Chopstick.png
431 KB, 1920x672
Daily reminder that chopsticks are an obselete eating utensils.

with globalisation and stuff there is no reason to continue using them in terms of practicality, after being introduced to vastly superior utensils.

inb4
>muh dumplings

easy something that can be picked up with a spoon
>>
>>7225723
>Daily reminder
No one needed one
>>
File: 1451146905744.gif (810 KB, 771x142) Image search: [Google]
1451146905744.gif
810 KB, 771x142
>>7225723
Could be the worst attempt of bait I've ever seen. That's saying alot on /ck/ which imo is notorious for shit bait. I mean lets face it. Jalepeno/chicken is the goat troll in /ck/ history. Even that is light years beyond this cockamamie bull shit. I'm almost gonna use them in spite.
>spoon
Damn kid, you gotta long way to go.
>>
>>7225723
>dumplings
>spoon
Do you have cerebral palsy?
>>
>>7225723
Makes sense.
I always ask for a knife and fork if I eat out at Chinese/Thai.
>>
OP confirmed for autistic sperg who cannot figure out how to use chopsticks properly.
You probably reeeee out at the thought of someone using a manual car
>>
trying to think of an asian food that you can't eat with a fork or spoon and nothing comes to mind, any one else?
>>
>>7225913
Rice. It's way too hard to hold the bowl at your lips while shoveling rice into your mouth like a madman if you're not using chopsticks.
>>
>>7225941
>here, lets make a tiny grain our staple and use two thin sticks to eat it
>Brilliant!

Literally the most retarded shit.
>>
Portion control, man. You can't shovel food into your mouth with chopsticks, like you can with a fork or spoon. So, you've slowed your eating pace and can now both savor your meal and eat more evenly, lessening the chance of overeating.

Really, it would help America to only use chopsticks.
>>
>>7225947
>implying chopsticks slow me down at the ayca sushi buffet
>>
>>7225951
Well, relatively speaking, it's still slower than a fork, as someone who is also pretty adept with them.
>>
>>7225941
why would you shovel rice into your mouth when you have a spoon that can scoop it up.
>>
>>7225947
You can shovel food into your mouth with chopsticks, have you ever watch Chinese people eating rice? Thats what they do.
>>
I remember when /ck/ shitposting was actual banter and not failed attempts at stirring shit up
>>
you can't at sushi with a fork. it would get smashed or squeezed apart before you can put it in your mouth. and a spoon doesnt seem right. wrong shape, wrong technique of picking up, the sushi would tilt, and the vaulting of the spoon doesn't even match the sushi pieces' shapes.
>>
>>7225982
And rice isn't a burger, so it still kind of evens out.
>>
File: 1420404925629.jpg (49 KB, 605x412) Image search: [Google]
1420404925629.jpg
49 KB, 605x412
>>7225982
That's because they have their face in the bowl like a dog.
>>
>>7225986
Sushi is finger food
>>
When is newMoot going to ban Australians?
>>
>>7225723
Eating Cheetos without getting your fingers orange.
>>
>>7225988
There's dog in the bowl alright.
>>
>>7226157
HEYOOO
>>
>>7225723
Chopsticks are fine, faggot. You're probably just a lazy hamplanet whose sausage fingers make it hard to hold chopsticks
>>
>>7226166
Chopsticks are retarded in general. It doesn't matter if you are capable of using them or not. They're simply inferior utensils
>>
>have lived in China for over a year
>even I realize that chopsticks are fucking retarded
>having to deal with all these fucking hipster bitches claiming that they are superior over western utensils
>ask why
>they just feel right

Chopstick users are literally the equivalent of Macfags.
>>
>>7225941
The reason that rice is traditionally shovelled into the mouth is because chopsticks are used, though. You can pick up discrete portions of rice with chopsticks like you can with a spoon. Even sticky rice is hard to eat that way.
>>
>>7225986
Sushi is made to be eaten with hands or chopsticks. Hands are generally bette for sushi.
>>
>>7226471
>rice
>hard to eat with chopsticks
Fuckin A nigga just like pretend you're holding a pencil or whatever fuck man hahaha

But seriously, if your hands are so damn shaky that you can't eat rice with chopsticks, go see a doctor.
>>
>>7226332
chopsticks are superior for the same reason chinese soup spoons are ceramic/plastic metal utensils alter the taste of the food. just cause you have a childs palate and can't tell the difference doesn't mean you win the argument
>>
>>7226497
>wooden spoon
chekm8
>>
>>7226503
yeah because those are readily available in asian restaurants
>>
>>7225913
Soup dumplings, chopsticks can hold them without bursting them
>>
>>7226483
Yes, I know that you can pick up clumps of sticky rice with chopsticks. It's still not how most people in the countries that actually use chopsticks and eat rice a lot actually eat rice. They shovel the rice in. Because chopsticks are poor tools for using to eat rice.

Spoons are superior in every way. The Koreans understand this.
>>
>>7225723
Why don't you shut the fuck up and let people eat how and what they want, you fascist little cunt.
>>
File: 1395890165710.jpg (71 KB, 520x599) Image search: [Google]
1395890165710.jpg
71 KB, 520x599
>mfw am a gook, use chopsticks for nearly everything
Obviously there is a time and place for every utensil, but chopsticks are my go to in my house.
>>
I would feel kind of retarded if I had to go to an asian restaurant and eat with a fork

It took me like all of 10 minutes to figure out how to manipulate two sticks and it eventually got easier to the point where I now prefer chopsticks

They are just more fun to eat with, idk senpai
>>
>>7225723
Weebs will disagree.
>>
Chopsticks for sushi only.
>>
Oh good, it's our regular chopstick thread from someone who was humiliated by their inability to manipulate sticks. Why not just request a convenient, pourable bucket next time?
>>
Knives are obsolete too. Food should be served bite-size.
>>
Except chinks use spoons too faggot
>>
>>7225941
Are you retarded? Rice eats MUCH easier with a spoon that it does with two sticks.
>>
File: spork.jpg (54 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
spork.jpg
54 KB, 1000x1000
>>7225723
Sporks can be used as both fork and spoon. Only one would be needed since it can be used both ways. It makes the spoon and fork obsolete.
>>
Good for sashimi. Easier to dip with. And other then for soup, I hate spoons.
>>
>>7227207
Except the "fork" part is actually fucking useless.
>>
>>7227422
Not if you get a metal one
>>
I find some noodle dishes easier to eat with chopsticks and some easier to eat with forks, but chopsticks are a necessity for those.

The only things that chopsticks are absolutely essential for are soup dumplings (ex: xiao long bao) and communal cooking (ex: hot pot or korean bbq). Also sushi if I don't feel like getting my fingers sticky.
>>
>>7227446
>aren't* a necessity for those

oops, typo
>>
>>7227107
Care to explain why? Not being argumentative, just genuinely curious why you'd choose that
>>
>>7227498
Not him, but they're basically as good as fingers, except you can't burn your fingers using chopsticks

Seems legit
>>
Chopsticks are objectively superior to any other utensil you fucking retarded westerner. I am a westerner too but mentally I have escaped. Chopsticks can be used in place of ANY of your western utensils and what is more they are made of wood not fucking steel so can be easily fashioned

>Forks
Forks ruin food by creating 3 air holes inside it and letting taste juices escape. Chopsticks don't do this and allow the juices to melt in your mouth

>Knives
Knives are ineffective at cutting food because they were designed for cutting through animals and removing pelts. Chopsticks cut through food by generating fire against the food (rubbed wood lights fire) and melting through it

>Spoons
Spoons are trash. They merely scoop food down your throat and because the spoon touches your tongue all you taste is silver. Chopsticks let you push the food straight onto the tongue

>Dessert Spoons
Metal spoons overheat quickly in any room with lights turned on and melt the dessert. Chopsticks don't. In fact wood quickly enhances the flavour of any dessert by giving it a 'pine' taste. Pine is a popular spice in the west so I know you'd like it

>Blender
Blenders destroy the nutrients in food. If you mash your food with a blender you increase dexterity but the knobs on the end of the chopsticks also force the nutrients back into the mixture

>Sandwich making robot
Using a chopsticks to place the bread onto a plate followed by the fillings is more delicate, most machines damage the soft bread and cause crumbage.

Just some of the ways chopsticks are better so fuck off.
>>
>>7227559
That probably took a long time to type and wasn't that funny. You jumped absurdity rungs too quickly and have way too many entries, thus reducing the impact of the entries after knives and ruining any potential punchline (if you had decided to include one). I'd workshop this one more before you publish another draft but my quick suggestions are to drop everything after spoons and switch knife and spoon. The knife entry is way sillier than the spoon entry so it needs to be moved to the end to preserve the impact, and spoon is semi-plausible so it can be used to continue to build the expectation to maximize the impact made by the knife entry.

Feel free to donate me a (you) for the criticism.
>>
>>7225723
They're useful for eating quite a few things. Not sure why you would get autistic about such a thing.

For example I use them to eat potato chips when I'm near my tech, to prevent getting salt and grease on my hands and fingers.

I use them for sushi too because it's fun as fuck. Learn to live a little and stop being so autistic about everything. Yes, knives and forks plus the odd spoon is all you need, but why not experience things differently every once in a while? Because you're an autistic fun-hating manchild, that's why. Grow up.
>>
Different food, different utensils. Cultural traditions matter in food, just like company and surroundings do. Some things feel right to eat with chopsticks.
If you were going for full convenience, why would you ever use anything but a spork?

>>7226532
Can't spoons do that too?
>>
>>7227698
Soup dumplings tend to stick a bit to the steam basket so if you try to get a spoon under them to scoop them it will tear their delicate skin and burst them. They need to be picked up (gently) from the basket and then be placed in a soup spoon so that there's something to catch the soup that spills when you bite into it.
https://www.zagat.com/b/youre-eating-it-wrong-soup-dumplings
>>
>>7225946
it sticks together you idiot
>>
File: sgbg.png (113 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
sgbg.png
113 KB, 400x239
Metal>wood>popsicle stick wood

I'd rather use a fork if it means subjecting my mouth to shitty wood taste and texture.

Flat metal is perfectly weighted for superior dexterity and control
>>
>>7227771

>metal chopsticks

Until you clink them against your teeth at some point and it's the worst feeling ever

Like chewing tinfoil
>>
>>7227804
Do you have the same problems with silverware?
>>
>>7227835

I bit my fork once.
>>
>>7227771
Metal is the worst. Only fucking Koreans think otherwise.
>>
>>7227853
Unskilled chopstick user detected
>>
>>7225913
Pho or any other kind of soups with noodles (udon etc). It's just messy and slow with fork. Also kimchi. And sushi. You could eat sushi using just hands, but it would be messy, esp. with sashimi. Using fork, you'd look like an asshole, and good luck with nigiri. Also pickled ginger. The list goes on.
>>
>>7228077
>good luck with nigiri
Nigiri are made for taking with your damn hands.
>>
File: Home_LifeAlert.jpg (27 KB, 350x273) Image search: [Google]
Home_LifeAlert.jpg
27 KB, 350x273
(TLDR just buy an AK-47)
Chop sticks are the AK-47's of utensils, they are cheap, easy to make, reliable and get the job done.
sure you can have a fancy machined M16 utensil and have specific foods be ergonomically eaten, but by that point you might just be shoveling food and not enjoying it to its fullest.
>>
you look retarded eating hot cheetos with your forks or spoons or dusty red fingers
>>
>>7228162
wasabi and ginger aren't
>>
But they're fun so fuck you. Probably just salty you can't.
>>
Chopsticks are much more precise though, and allow you to get exactly what you want in each bite, instead of just shoveling food into your mouth.

Why do you think high end restaurants use kitchen tweezers to plate? They're basically a little kid version of chopsticks.
>>
>>7229280
>instead of just shoveling food into your mouth.

dis nigga never been to china
>>
>>7229248
>you look retarded eating hot cheetos
FTFY
>>
The only reason I use chopsticks is because they're slightly easier to clean than a fork, I just rinse them off and give them a quick wipe and they're done. Really good if you're a lazy shit.
>>
>>7227592
Give him a break, that took a long time
>>
>>7229339
Literally the #1 reason why I used chopsticks whenever possible when I'm at home.
>>
After living in Japan and regularly getting chopsticks with every meal, they are way better for eating a salad with than forks
>>
>>7230176
You are me.
>>
>>7227498
Basically >>7227532

They have the same finesse of fingers, so it just depends on how good you are with them.
>>
>>7225886
Thai restaurants only provide chopsticks because idiotic white people want to eat with them.
>>
>>7230176
>After living in Japan
were you an animator working for a well known studio?
>>
>>7231950
His dad works for nintendo
>>
>>7225723
>Daily reminder that chopsticks are an obselete eating utensils.
>with globalisation and stuff there is no reason to continue using them in terms of practicality, after being introduced to vastly superior utensils.

Why the fuck do you care though? Are inefficient eating utensils really that big a problem for you? If people want to use chopsticks because that's what they grew up and are comfortable with, why is it your job to scream and whine about it?
>>
Why not just eat everything with your hands if you're talking about practicality? If it's soup just drink it out the bowl.
>>
>>7225951
>ayca
>all you can ate
>>
Utensils are just delivery systems for food. Please. Get on my level.
>>
>>7225723
Do you think their complete inability to into eating utensils lead to Asians being so small?
>>
>>7229339
I do the same thing with my fork pham.
>>
>>7225784
And yet this thread was successful
>>
>>7232636
Weak bait is almost always successful on this board since it's just another excuse for the idiots on this board to argue about inane bullshit instead of actually having a substantial conversation about food and cooking, since most of them really don't know anything about food or cooking other than ramen, fast food and frozen pizzas/dinners.
>>
>>7227207
they should add a sharp edge so you wouldn't need a knife either. If anything you should have two Ksporks.
>>
>>7227207

Sporks are the food equivalent of shoes with velcro straps in place of laces.

Their fine if you're too fat to reach your toes, but nobody else wants to look at you using them.
>>
File: place setting.jpg (179 KB, 713x466) Image search: [Google]
place setting.jpg
179 KB, 713x466
Always use the right utensil for the job.
>>
>>7232837

After you order they'll remove everything you don't need, and even if it's a set menu/banquet type thing, it's retarded to put out every wine glass at the start of the meal.
>>
>>7227771
Korean dog eater detected
>>
I like eating with chopsticks. It's

>fun.
>>
>>7232837
There are at least 18 illegal weapons in this picture according to the UK
>>
>>7232837
Dem butter tits.
>>
>>7225723

>Chopsticks
I want the cook to cut my food up before hand

>Fork & Knife
I want to cut up my food before hand
>>
>>7232754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTygajaWaR0
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.