[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrap General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
So I want to start bringing my lunch to work for the reasons of saving a little money and eating healthier food. Don't want to bring a mess of tupperware I need to dick around with either, so I was thinking a wrap of some kind and just putting it in foil. It's not messy to eat, easy to just throw away the foil, sounds good, right?

I don't want to use tortillas though. They're stupid high in empty calories and I feel there could be a better solution. I was thinking lettuce, but it takes a lot of work to wrap it properly; steaming so it's pliable, using a paring knife to cut the spine so you can fold it, possibility of it breaking and causing a mess while you eat... no thanks.

What else could I use as wraps? I was thinking rice paper but, but can't help feel there might be something better out there.

Also, what's your favorite kind of wrap to eat?
>>
Can't you just make the wraps yourself with your approved flours/materials? Buckwheat crepes might be worth looking into if you're concerned with 'empty calories'.
>>
>>7224226

Wouldnt crepes be too sweet for a wrap?
>>
Well, the point of making them yourself is so you control the ingredients. Just don't put sugar in.

Savory crepes are also quite common, just so you know. You can put herbs in the batter too, which is nice.
>>
Crepe Recipe:
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
Pinch salt
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp turmeric

Vegetable filling:
1 red bell
1/2 cup mushroom
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 tbsp fresh chives
Cucumber to desired amount
>>
>>7224212
Use corn tortillas faggot, you're not going to find anything less "calorie dense" than those. Anything that doesn't absorb the liquids of whatever you're going to wrap is going to get messy anyways. Instead of worrying about tortilla calories, try not slathering with your cumtastics goops of mayonnaise faggot.
>>
>>7224727

>Mayo on wraps

Are you retarded?
>>
File: wrap.jpg (599 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
wrap.jpg
599 KB, 2048x1536
I threw this together earlier today from shit in the fridge.

I had leftover rice, cooked with bay leaf, cumin, smoked paprika and fresh oregano.

I decided to look up how to make refried beans on a whim and realized they're easy as fuck. Onion, garlic, bacon fat, cumin, jalapeno, salt and pepper, then throw in some mashed up beans with a little liquid and let them stew a few minutes (also added some hot sauce I got for Christmas); I've been eating them all week.

Aside from that it's just baby spinach and avocado. It's delicious and really doesn't need anything else, aside from seconds.
>>
>>7224212
I want to put my peter in that wrap

>They're stupid high in empty calories
You are fucking re-tar-ded
>>
>>7224909

>Tortilla
>1 serving
>467 calories

You are fucking la-rd-ass
>>
>>7225231
No. I just get out of my chair once in a while.
>>
>>7225231
What tortillas are you buying? Most of the ones I can find have less than 200 calories.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.