[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/ How many vegans are here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 1446847840269.png (314 KB, 454x450) Image search: [Google]
1446847840269.png
314 KB, 454x450
Hi /ck/
How many vegans are here?
>>
>>
About 15% (+- 3) of the people here are vegan.
>>
Only the janitors and trolls.
>>
You people told me to stay vegan its better for you but i feel like death approaches every passing day

Im going to end up strangling a chicken and eating it raw and fucking dying from pneumonia
>>
>>7223969
Vegetarian only, I like to eat out.
>>
>>7223980
It only works if you eat food you enjoy. So yea, learn to cook some better dishes. Chick pea curry is my favourite vegan meal, and it's really easy.
>>
>>7223969
Who's that qt cartoon girl
>>
>>7223981

Your mum likes when I eat out her minge
>>
I'm vegan. Eating oats with raisins, strawberries, and a banana right now.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>7224112

How long have you been vegan? Have you shed your first fingertip yet?
>>
>>7223980
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're either not eating anything close to enough, or you're only eating one thing/only eating processed garbage.. If the former, count calories for two days and realize that vegan diets involve a much greater volume of food. Probably double whatever you're eating. If the latter, go to the produce section and get a bunch of different things on sale.
>>
>>7224101
That's why I'm only vegetarian, your mom is an animal product
>>
I was for three years. But I like cheese and butter way to much, so I just said fuckit.

I felt really good for those three years though. Something about my genetics agreed with it.
>>
Mandatory reply for Star Butterfly, but you get nothing else from me, veganfag.
>>
Vegans? More like limpdicksyndrones
>>
>>7224195
Actually erectile dysfunction is found much less in vegans and vegetarians.
>>
>>7223969
Who cares
>>
>>7224216

Tumblr cited studies dont count.
>>
>>7223969
Star is cute!
>>
>>7224249
What about official medial journals?
>>
>>7224249
Anecdotal evidence: my performance in bed improved a lot after I went vegan.
>>
>>7224249
It's a retarded commonality equals causation fallacy.

It's down to lifestyle more than the food itself. A vegan is someone who has made the decision to alter their diet and examine it closely while a normal person is more likely just to eat when hungry.

It is the fat constricting blood flow that would cause poor erections in this situation. The one examining their diet closely is going to be less likely to have said fat.

In summation, it is a retarded claim that falls apart when you actually know what you are talking about. ;)
>>
>>7224261
>medial
>>
Threadly reminder that "meat is murder" is an indefensible position from a utilitarian standpoint. Creating a farm involves preventing the lives of wild animals that would have existed in its place. Wild animals live stressful lives and die painful deaths; nature doesn't give half a shit about morality. If the lives of the farm animals are better than that then the creation of the farm is net positive utility.

If the existence of a wild animal itself has net positive utility then an animal with similar utility on a farm that does not replace any wild animals of moral significance, so maybe in a field of worms and butterflies, is a clear gain in aggregate utility and so a moral good, or at least morally acceptable.

If the existence of a wild animal has net negative utility then you're in the interesting position of preferring all wild animals to be killed. Even then, it seems clear that it's possible for an animal to experience a positive utility life, and I expect that farm animals under certain conditions - non-factory farm, true free range, kind treatment, swift painless death - should qualify.

I don't think the moral argument for veganism is at all convincing without resorting to some kind of deontology: taking a life is inherently wrong, animals have a natural born right to freedom, that kind of thing. The problem is all the people defending veganism these days seem to be doing it from a utilitarian perspective, which as I've said above, I find indefensible.
>>
>>7225410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wl5qwnWXew
>>
>>7224117
is that a thing?
>>
File: 1449210837322.png (437 KB, 800x518) Image search: [Google]
1449210837322.png
437 KB, 800x518
>>7224253
is this a stealth /co/ thread?
>>
>>7225410
Also, a human being killing a non-human animal by definition cannot be murder. People who have difficulty with this concept may have difficulty with the definition of what a Homo sapiens is. Be careful.
>>
>>7225518
People who have difficulty with that concept will yell at you for using the word "homo".
>>
>>7225410
>from a utilitarian standpoint
Why write all that if you're just going to undermine the lot right at the start?
>>
File: a20160106.jpg (103 KB, 499x333) Image search: [Google]
a20160106.jpg
103 KB, 499x333
I can be vegan
I like eggs and milk too much. I can't skip cheese though
>>
I'm a vegan (about 6 months in). Feel much better for it too. Luckily these days there are loads of delicious alternatives; Linda McCartney sausages, soya butter and milk (cheese is a bit crap desu) but yeah. I look and feel fantastic, so I'll stick with it.
>>
Tbh
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 497x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 497x296
>>7223979
>>
>>7225576
Because, as I said, that's the standpoint from which it is always argued. It's not "thou shalt not kill". It's not "killing makes you a bad person". It's "killing animals is unkind, cruel, to animals". Additionally, many of the hardcore, intelligent vegans these days are serious utilitarians, as in "you are morally obliged to give as much as your income as possible to the poor" type utilitarians.
>>
vegans are faggots
>>
>>7223969
Vegetarian here.
>>
I think the problem is that vegans are affected by meat eaters actions globally speaking. Plus vegans are morally superior; just look at the average slaughterhouse worker for instance.
>>
>>7224249
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/survival-of-the-firmest-erectile-dysfunction-and-death/
>erectile dysfunction is a cardiovascular disease
>cardiovascular disease is caused by consuming animal based foods
>eating animal based foods literally causes limp dick

Stay mad, carnist bro.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.