[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lunch date ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 721x721
I'll be going on a date and I want to bring a lunch for the both of us and have a small picnic. I want to stray away from sandwiches and wraps and go for something convenient and light. I was thinking fruits and cheese but that's more of a snack. Anything that's mildly impressive, filling, and not going to gouge my wallet?
>>
spring rolls maybe? soup is a bit more in season though if you have the ability to heat it up
>>
>>7223498
I won't have the ability to hear anything up, I should've added that.
>>
BBQ for that bitch.
>>
>>7223499
Spring rolls honestly sound really fun and easy
>>
if its a small picnic maybe just make a nice sandwich or salad
>>
>>7223495
Red wine.
Class it up, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 1936x1936
>>7223502
Are we talking about those crispy spring rolls or the ones with the rice paper and are a lot more fresh?
>>7223503
Salad sounds ok
>>
>>7223508
im both of those posts, but i meant the spring rolls that are made with rice paper, some fresh ass ingredients and maybe shrimp, and a nice peanut sauce. salad is easy as fuck and depending on the girl, you wont make her hate herself after eating either
>>
>>7223495

>picnic in winter

Hmm.
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Everybody likes cold pizza.
>>
>>7223514
Spring rolls honestly sound like s great idea, I even found a recipe for a fruit one. I just have no idea where to get that rice paper I haven't seen it around. A salad sounds good is all else fails but I'd like to spruce it up. Since it's cold soup sounds great too but even with a thermos in this weather it would end up luke warm. Plus I don't own a thermos that big and soup is a pain to travel.
>>
>>7223516
Small picnic = on the go lunch that's easy so we can get on with the plans for the day
A prepared lunch isn't all that's to the date, my friend
>>
>>7223526
Literally any asian market should have it, we have a place here in oregon called Rosauers or something like that, its just a regular store but they offer a little more variety in stuff like that
>>
>>7223535
I'm from Oregon too so that helps me out a lot, thanks anon!
>>
>>7223537
Where about? The Dalles here, the store i refer to is in Hood River, but Portland no doubt has infinite asian markets
>>
>>7223539
I live about an hour away from Portland. I can always find wanton wraps but not rice wraps, I guess I'm not looking hard enough. I normally go to Fubon but I've never seen rice wraps anywhere there.
>>
>>7223544
>wanton
You're mother is wanton, anon.
>>
>>7223544
Yeah i dont know any stores in the portland area, but i know that ive never had a problem finding the wraps, even in a small town like the dalles, good luck!
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 296x296
>>7223547
gotta love spelling errors, my apology
>>
File: picnic.jpg (145 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
picnic.jpg
145 KB, 800x533
>>7223495
You're on the right track bro, 2-3 kinds of fruit (grapes, pear, apple), 2 cheeses (brie & gruyere?), 1-2 kinds of bread (baguette & farm?), red wine (if you're young, get a cheap beaujolais). If it's too pricy, or if you're not sure about it, grapes, 1 larger cheese (could be wisconsin swiss), 1 larger bread (could be grocery store bakery), and the cheapest red wine at walmart.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.