[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Here is your medium Hawaiian pizza sir. That will be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: za deliv bro.jpg (96 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
za deliv bro.jpg
96 KB, 1300x866
>"Here is your medium Hawaiian pizza sir. That will be $31.45 plus tip and a delivery charge of $3. Oh al it is a $2 charge to do a debit transaction."
>>
Damn bro, shits getting expensive these days. Oh well, thanks for bringing my lazy ass a pizza, I wrote you in a $5 tip, make sure they give it to you. You be safe out there, lots of crazy people these days. Thanks again man.
>>
Sorry man we don't tip in this country.
>>
>>7223212
That's clearly just a pepperoni, you expect me to pay for this shit?
>>
>>7223212
I'd take the pizza, not give him the money and then ring the pizza place and complain about their employee turning up smelling like weed driving like a mad man down my street and enjoy my free pizza
>>
>>7223276
and then you'd wake up
>>
>>7223276
Enjoy your house burning down. :^)
>>
I don't understand the point of the delivery charge.

Unless they're using that money to pay for the driver's fuel, they're charging you for nothing just because they can.
>>
>>7223314
they're charging you for the delivery
>>
>>7223317
But then why am I paying someone to deliver it?
>>
>>7223276
They'd basically ignore what you said unless they'd had similar complaints, and promise you a free pizza next time you order without writing it down anywhere.

>>7223314
The delivery is there to manage delivery volume and basically funds the drivers' store-paid wages ideally. What you should realize is that pizza delivery service is entirely competitive, otherwise the stores do NOT turn a profit by doing this. Many places will pay fuel comp as well, because tax shit or something, however it's usually something like $1/run depending on gas prices.
>>
File: American_omelette.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
American_omelette.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>7223212
Why is it socially mandatory to tip delivery guys?

As a customer, I bought a pizza to be delivered to my home for a fixed price that was agreed in the course of the transaction. I am not responsible for paying the delivery guy's wage - that's the employer's responsibility. Delivery guys always give me "that look" when I explain to them why I don't tip.
>>
>>7223368
>Delivery guys always give me "that look" when I explain to them why I don't tip.
That's because you're the pussy that won't own the fact that you're just a cheapskate. If you just stiff, they won't remember you. If you try to dance around the fact that you stiffed, and even worse waste their time in the process, they will remember you.
>>
File: pulled_slob.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pulled_slob.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>7223374
You literally did not reply to any of my arguments. Are you, by any chance, a delivery guy?
>>
>>7223378
What arguments?
>>
File: Superbowl_chips_dip.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Superbowl_chips_dip.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>7223379
That part of my post which you conveniently did not quote, thus making your own post pretty much void of anything to be taken seriously.

>hurr you're a cheapskate

Besides, I keep ordering from different places so that the delivery guy's vengeance won't hit me. Scumbags.
>>
>>7223379
That it's a shit system facilitating the business's assumed right to deceptively advertise a lower price than is needed to provide the service.
>>
>>7223381
There was nothing there worth quoting. You got your explanation about why the drivers give you a funny look--the drivers literally do not give a shit about you or your reasoning behind stiffing them, and the fact that you haven't picked up on this gives me a good idea which end of the autism spectrum you're on.
In fact, you may find it surprising that there's not a single person in food service that gives a shit about what you have to say, their entire goal is to hand you your food and get you out the door so they can go back to not working.

>>7223382
It's a great system, you just don't like it. Nobody's forcing you to tip. Just don't be like that other faggot and expect anyone to care about your long-winded explanation about why you don't tip.
>>
>>7223386
>the drivers literally do not give a shit about you or your reasoning behind stiffing them

Tbqh with you m8, I'm pretty sure they care as the tips make up 90% of their wage. Why that is? Because it is a shit system. You don't tip your car mechanic or barber or doctor or salesman. But funnily, with delivery guys, everybody starts to flip their shit once you start to even hesitate to tip.
>>
>>7223386

>hurr getting fucked by my employer and relying on another person's charity is GREAT
>>
>>7223395
>I'm pretty sure they care as the tips make up 90% of their wage
They don't, and you've got an incredibly inflated sense of self-worth if you think they do. The average driver is expected to take 2.5 deliveries an hour and can easily take over 4 depending on how the routing works out. If everything goes right, everything's there and the customer isn't some autist that feels like giving a lecture about how he's so enlightened and doesn't want you to think he's an avaricious cheapskate, he'll probably spend 10-15 seconds face-to-face with each one. I guarantee you by the time you've finally stopped talking and shut the door, he's stopped thinking about you and started thinking about his next order. You really aren't that important.

>You don't tip your car mechanic or barber or doctor or salesman.
Mechanics and salesmen make commission, people do tip barbers, and doctors aren't comparable in any way shape or form.

>>7223405
I would see day drivers walk out with an average of $70 for an open-to-5, during which they
>spent 30 minutes helping set up the store
>spent probably 3 hours on the road
>spent probably 30 minutes helping make carry-outs
>spent the rest of the time sitting there watching movies with me in the office
They put out as much effort as they're paid to do, and unless you're a rush-shift-only driver or work in the ghetto, they rack up $13-15 an hour doing jack shit.
>>
>>7223323
because someone has to deliver it to you
>>
>>7223416
First you say that delivery guys don't care but at the same time you didn't fail to mention that they in fact will remember you if you try to calmly explain your behavior. Why explain it? Because obviously, the tipping system is a twisted yet socially accepted way of relieving the employer from paying a decent wage.

>people do tip barbers
Where?

>doctors aren't comparable in any way shape or form
That literally doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>7223395
>You don't tip your car mechanic or barber or doctor or salesman
tipping a salesman? are you retarded? you are retarded

>wow you did such a good job SELLING something to me that I feel you deserve a little extra money personally from me to you :)

I used to be a salesperson why the fuck would anyone tip us ever? I'd accept but the person would have to be beyond dumb as fuck
>>
>>7223425
They don't care until you waste their time with self-serving rambling. Time is king, once they've gotten what they can out of you they're gone. How is this hard to understand?
>Where?
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+i+tip+barbers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#safe=off&q=should+you+tip+a+barber
>That literally doesn't make any sense.
>a highly specialized profession with an oath of service and strict code of ethics and conduct, which requires years of dedication and practice just to gain entry into, should be compared to a grease monkey, a haircutter and a guy who wears a polo and shuttles shitty food around
you're a fucking idiot and if I give you another (You) it's entirely accidental.
>>
>>7223212
well, if that pizza is made with real in-house-made mozzarella, house rolled & cured pepperoni, and with freshly made tomato sauce, I can see it being $30 easy.

good luck finding a place that makes it, and if you do, they wont be delivering that fucker either.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.