[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick /ck/ I was invited to a New Years Eve party. Invite was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: haskellschoollunch.jpg (75 KB, 381x241) Image search: [Google]
haskellschoollunch.jpg
75 KB, 381x241
Quick /ck/

I was invited to a New Years Eve party. Invite was pretty nondescript. Do I bring something?

I won't be drinking because I am driving so I don't want to bring alcohol. Do I bring flowers or something? Do I eat beforehand? What time should I get there? Invite says it starts at 8 but I really don't want to be there for over 4 hours.
>>
Yes, bring flowers. It's very important that you eat beforehand. You should get the at 9:16.
>>
if you dont want to be there for 4 hours just come a bit late, maybe notify the host
>>
>>7218705

I'm just going to say I got lost if it comes up. I think there will be like 20 people who are closer friends so I doubt they would just be sitting there alone wondering where everyone is.
>>
>>7218691
>I really don't want to be there
Then don't go
>>
>>7218721

you didn't see the look in my parents eyes when I told them I actually had somewhere to go this new years eve. It's either that or sitting in park in the wal mart parking lot reading my kindle for 4 hours.
>>
>>7218691
>>7218721
>>7218829

Jesus christ. you have to show us a pic of yourself.
At the very least more stories of your life to cheer me up about mine.
>>
>>7218842

I'm going out tonight m8. What are you doing?
>>
post a pic of the party
>>
>>7218691
Bring Tupperware take all the tasties and leave. fuck normies
>>
>>7218691
Just bring your girlfriend, and make sure you've got more than one condom in your wallet. It'll be fine.
>>
>>7218691
Better bring flowers. If not, you will look like a full blown autist when you're the only person that shows up without them
>>
>>7219357
This.
I remember when I showed up to a party empty handed once.
The music stopped and everyone stared at me.

Never, ever, EVER show up empty handed.
Flowers are a bare minimum, probably a loaf of bread or packet of rice to go with the party food (to soak up alcohol) would be a good idea.
>>
>>7218691
If you bring a deflated football, no one will play catch with you.
>>
>>7218691
Just bring a bottle of booze or a pack of beer and eat lightly before hand. you may get lucky and no one will go for your stuff and if you're sneaky you can remove the goods along with your person when you decided to leave.

Show up on time or afterwards within a reasonable time frame. ie not any later than 2 hours. I'd shoot for the first quarter hour.
>>
Fuck, OP, tell us if you went.

I started feeling sad for you >>7218829 here and now I can't sleep unless I know you went. I hope you had a good time, if you did.

Try and get out a little more; I want you to be happy. This sounds stupid but I feel like if you can be happy, I can be happy. I don't know why, it's some metaphysical bullshit or something, but I just feel that way.

So I hope you're having a great New Year, and I hope you have fun at that party, because I really need you to.

Really.
>>
>>7219420
>>7218691
Also, feel free to arrive around 9 and cook up reasoning like you have work early and want to sleep in your own bed that night and leave within 20 minutes after midnight as to maintain an appearance of whatever.

They probably wont care if you don't drop in at the exact hour that it starts if its a nondescript get together rather than something that you had to RSVP to because there's caterers and shit.
>>
>>7219458

thanks, that does mean something, even from a stranger. I had a good time. Idk I feel like a lot of people after college I am floundering a bit socially. All of my good mates I'd invite to hang out with on a daily basis live in other cities, but in my city is mostly friends that are more like acquaintances who I enjoy seeing but don't feel close enough to to sort of do stuff with spontaneously so I mostly just go to parties like this.

I did go and have a good time.

>>7219420
>>7219246
>>7219241

I brought a family size back of lays originals and a six pack of tecate. I had one but just left the rest there. My parents wouldn't care if I brought it back but it would make me uncomfortable. I just feel kind of bad for leaving it because I know my hosts won't want it.
>>
File: dont_give_up__.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dont_give_up__.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>7219988
Hey, great! I'm glad you had fun anon.

Sounds like you're just going through a big life change; leaving college is a milestone and any milestone will make change seem scary and depressing.

Keep your head up, Anon. If you make it, we all can!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.