[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I received a milk frother for Christmas. I'm a drinker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 71rklJU3goL._SL1500_.jpg (67 KB, 1500x1414) Image search: [Google]
71rklJU3goL._SL1500_.jpg
67 KB, 1500x1414
I received a milk frother for Christmas.

I'm a drinker of black coffee and don't believe I will hardly ever use it.

It occurred to me that this is potentially a "multi-tasker" (to borrow a phrase from TV chef Alton Brown). Has anyone used a milk frother for other purposes?

The design is obviously similar to an immersion blender. However, it was obviously designed to be used on purely liquid ingredients and *might* serve as a weak, limited use immersion blender, at best.
>>
>>7218474
Give it to your girlfriend and tell her it's a vibrator.
>>
>>7218474
Shit like that is why I told my family and friends to stop getting me gifts for my birthday and christmas years ago. I would invariably end up with useless shit that I didn't want or need or gift certificates to stores that I had no interest in going to.

I told them that if they want to give me anything, just give me cash or a check and I'll buy something for myself. Most of them just stopped giving me anything at all which is fine too since I'm more than capable of buying my own shit anyway.
>>
>>7218511
I don't think your family understands gift giving.
>>
>>7218511
Take the passive-aggressive angle and start giving them useless shit. Or gift certificates to places they aren't interested in going to. Or my favorite (received this a few times): a gift certificate to someplace they're not interested in going to AND which is worth too little to buy anything of interest at said location, except for dinky merchandise sold next to the register. So basically, if they do make the effort to go out there and look around, then they're basically required to pay out of pocket to get anything.

I am being facetious btw, don't actually recommend this.
>>
>>7218511
They do know they can get you chocolates or cheese or something, right? You can always find a use for edible stuff, and it doesn't clutter the home.
>>
>>7218527
With his luck he'll get one of those processed cheese packs that's been marketed to look like fine cheese to people who don't know any better.

They are explicitly labeled as processed cheese, but to someone who doesn't know about such things, they look like a perfect gift for the cheese lover in your family because they come in triangular form, as though they've been cut from a cheese wheel. You would think the fact that they don't need to be refrigerated before opening would be a redflag.
>>
>>7218543
Are you sure that exists?
>>
But one doesn't refrigerate most cheeses anyway, e.g. cheddar, or camembert.
>>
>>7218554
I have received them before, albeit in the form of gift basket goodies. What's shameless is that they are labeled as actual cheese names such as 'gouda.' It's basically a big chunk of American cheese.
>>
>>7218474
I literally got exactly the same frother, so far I've used it to make deliciously foamy chocolate milk, and I plan on using it on eggs white in the near future.
>>
>>7218554
http://www.hickoryfarms.com/
>>
>>7218577
Damn that's a good idea, I might try whipping up some scrambled eggs. What's the cleaning like?

>all those hard to reach areas within the frother ring
>>
>>7218601
I basically got a glass, filled it with a small amount of water a teeny tiny bit of soap then frothed that for a while- being overly excited about the amount of bubbles created. Then I 'frothed' plain water to get rid of any soap residue.
>>
>>7218592
Looks kind of interesting. I've never tried any processed cheese besides those Kraft singles. I wonder how they taste.
>>
>>7218614
Not bad, really.
>>
>>7218474

You can make all sorts of useless foams to decorate food/plates with. All you need is a fat, so grease, oil, or lard of some form or another.

I've used one before but the foam trend died a while ago around here.
>>
>>7218601
Is there a difference in scrambled eggs depending on how much they're beaten? Or omelettes or anything really. Like, does breaking up all the mucus-y stuff make it any different once it's cooked?
>>
>>7218627
I've often heard that it's lighter/"fluffier" if you add like 1 T milk per egg and spend a long time stirring it with a wire whisk but dunno if there's truth to that.
>>
File: 800px-1189907347473.jpg (116 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
800px-1189907347473.jpg
116 KB, 800x576
Someone gave me one of those as a gift once and I mainly used it to hyper-aerate wine. That wasn't a term at the time because it was before Modernist Cuisine, but any retard could have figured out that lots of air = faster aeration.
>>
Send it to me nigga. I could use one of these to use with my Moka pot and I don't feel like buying one myself.
>>
>>7218474

I mostly use mine to make small batches of whipped cream (assuming you have heavy cream around)
>>
>>7218679
My mom got a decanter for Christmas from a friend of hers and this made me laugh my ass off. I think I'll send it to her and see that she thinks about it.
>>
>>7218511
>>7218517
>>7218525
What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>7218752
Other than his post being slightly tangential to the topic of milk frothers - nothing.
>>
I got one from ikea for 1.99 €
i make small amounts of mayo with it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.