[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work at a bar that sells food. On average I get about 8 orders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1451590160174.jpg (48 KB, 843x843) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451590160174.jpg
48 KB, 843x843
I work at a bar that sells food. On average I get about 8 orders a night. Usual fare, wings, nachos or burgers. I have lost interest in my job due to the fact that my "chef" is unaware of his kitchen. Things I have witnessed at work that unmotivated me are: Shrimp soaking in water in walk-in rotting for over two weeks, spoiled chicken on the line,spoiled cucumber, running out of prime rib meat for sandwiches, running out of floor cleaner, because "chef" only orders one bottle at a time. I might mention, my "chef" hangs around after his shift and drinks at the bar and periodically comes back to the kitchen to make sure I'm cooking the food right (even though I have 20 yrs experience,and we have verbally walked through how to make everything ) So, the other night after getting a few drinks in his system he comes back to the kitchen and even though I have a ticket hanging for a french dip, he automatically assumes I left out the veg &cheese for a Philly sandwich. I point out to him that the ramikin of au jous on the plate should be a visual indicator that
the order is for a french dip. Never mind the ticket hanging that clearly says french dip. So, does this guy earn the right to call himself a chef? Putting in the Sysco order makes him a chef? Pic related,today's special,spam. Thoughts?Suggestions?
>>
Nigga replace him already

>20 year exp

The fuck?
>>
Leave or buck up, buttercup.
>>
>>7218382
I'm almost middle aged..been in food service since I was 15 years old.
>>
Is fire his ass

If I were the 'executive chef' for a bar that fucking kitchen would be cleaned from top to bottom (on my own time), I'd make sure everything was labeled with an expiration date, take daily inventories of supplies and do a monthly excel spread sheet to see what the fast moving foods are and stock/order accordingly.

You don't even fucking know
>>
>>7218383
My "chef" is good friends with the owner... me thinks I need to apply elsewhere.
>>
>>7218382
that's his boss, anon
>>
>>7218393
And you play number two to a drunk asshole in a bar kitchen that does eight tickets a night?
>>
>>7218396
WORD! That's part of my frustration. The POS has all that software, yet he doesn't utilize it. Also, as the closer,I am the one that does all the cleaning. Have begun throwing out bad items. Sysco comes in during his day shift...nothing dated at all. Only a matter of time before health dept hands out a fine
>>
>>7218397
Damn right you do

8 tickets a night?

How are either of you still hired?
>>
>>7218404
Lol!! YUP. It appears so. Smh. I want to point all this out to the owner, but I'don't have to throw "chef" unervous the bus. Should I keep my head down or speak up, and risk loosing my income?
>>
>>7218412
>risk loosing my income
Keep working while you look for another job
>>
>>7218410
I honestly have no idea how this place stays in business.
>>
>>7218412

Find another job and get it lined up. Go to your boss and tell him what s fuck awful the head chef does and provide examples and evidence. Tell him to either fire that POS and make you the head or you're going to walk and take this other job.
>>
>>7218412
I would say that as an employee you're obliged to tell the owner his product is being wasted
>>
>>7218412
If you get some spare time read a dictionary.
>loose
>lose
>>
>>7218416
That's were I'm at. Already looking. Dreading working tonight on New year's . Bring on the alcohol infused modified tickets.
>>
>>7218419

Booze is expensive, probably makes up for the lack of food orders.
>>
>>7218425
Typing too fast, my bad.
>>
cool blog
>>
>>7218428
True, but some days they only sell $200. in booze. I feel I owe it to the owner to point out all the waste and poor practices "chef" makes. But also,why isn't the owner aware of this in the first place? Makes me imagine that I will come off rude if I throw "chef" under the bus.
>>
>>7218448
>some days they only sell $200 in booze
So, they're hemorrhaging money. The owner knows this.

Get out asap
>>
>>7218448
If the owner is too stupid to realize how broken his business is, he deserves to lose his ass and go bankrupt.

If I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut and just continue to collect a paycheck as long as possible and let them run the place into the ground.
>>
>>7218475
Thanks anon. My thoughts exactly. Going to continue looking for work elsewhere while collecting a check. I don't even think"Bar rescue " could help this place.
>>
>>7218376
You got a management problem. You're not supposed to make sure the chef is doing his job, that's the owner's problem.

You could explain to the owner that you don't need the current chef, and he should make you in charge of the kitchen because you'll keep it clean and keep the health department from fucking your shit up. You'll save them a ton of money.
>>
>>7218468

Or they launder money and don't give a shit.
>>
>>7218376
Reminds me of when I worked at the local b&g. How do you guys prep your wings?

>pre-bake in oven for ten minutes in morning
>still mostly raw inside
>remove from oven
>leave out on top of oven for 3+ hours
>they're still kinda warm cause heat rising from oven
>place in bags when someone remembers them
>place in fridge near fryer
>fry for like five minutes when ordered
>pour a little sauce on top
>serve

I never order wings at cheap bars anymore.
>>
>>7218376
Nice use of paragraphs OP
How the fuck as I supposed to read that shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x429
>>7218754
Who isn't a retard on 4chan? I mean seriously does anyone EVER take anything posted on /ck/ seriously?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.