[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had a cinema, what food would you serve? I'd serve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 20151207_125550.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151207_125550.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
If you had a cinema, what food would you serve?

I'd serve simply but good food that can be handled with hands or small amounts of utensils.

Pita and hummus, meatballs, Flatbread, gourmet popcorn, chicken tenders, etc.

Pic related is a green smoothie I would sell instead of those icee sugar waters.
>>
That is poop, OP is posting poop everyone
>>
>>7218093
No. It is a green smoothie with kale, spinach, Chia seeds, banana and apple.
>>
>in before crab legs, Caesar salad or spice master eggs
>>
LOBSTERLEGS LAMO
>>
>>7218095
>>7218099
What are these memes
>>
Crab legs maymay aside, I think a high-end restaurant and movie theater is a great idea.
Have a nice meal, then see a movie. You could have a "no children" policy to make it even more attractive.

You would make bank.
>>
>>7218107
Why not both at the same time? Have some really comfortable chairs with some dim lighting and have them eat and watch the movie at the same time.
>>
>>7218107
The problem with that is that now in The current Yearâ„¢ you'd probably end up with protests citing discrimination or something, and minority rights 'leaders' claiming it's racist since Mexicans shit out more kids, etc. Then you'd of course have all of the tumblrkin types who identify as two year olds getting triggered that mac and cheese with puzzle placemats aren't offered, etc.
>>
>>7218107
>>7218112
There's one of those where I live. I haven't been yet so I don't know exactly how it works or what the setup is like, but you can order food and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) from your seat.
>>
>>7218205
One of those just opened up in my hometown and I saw Star Wars there went I went back for the holidays. It sounds like it would be super distracting at first with the waiters and such buzzing around and bringing food in the middle of the movie, but if you're focused on watching the movie you don't even notice them.
>>
>>7218132
Anon, I think you're just being paranoid. There are plenty of places that have a no kids policy, and you don't see them going under like that.

The SJW stuff is really a hell of a lot smaller than you might think.
>>
beef ribs all you can eat
>>
>>7218089
I've had few green smoothies w/e spinach, parsley, barley, sprouts, even salty ones with brocoli. Those were ok, smooth, some with cream and stuff, rather soup than smoothies.
But this one. This one looks like vomit. Sorry, but even if it might taste nice it looks straigt repulsive.
>>
>>7218089
Party Sized chip bags, already opened, rolled shut and held closed with an elastic. They're only passed out after the movie starts.
>>
I've always wondered why cinemas serve so much crunchy food for movies.

How do you listen to anything when chewing crunchy food without just hearing CRUNCRUNCHRUNCH
>>
Personally id do mostly finger food so sliders, sausages/brats, wings , fresh pretzels, anything quick to make to order.
>>
The problem is that movie theaters don't make money off of movie tickets (majority of the money goes to studios and licensing fees). The movies are the incentives for people to buy snacks, which is why they're so expensive since it's what fuels the business. If the food itself is a bigger or equal insentive to the movie, it's more efficient to just sell the food by itself. At the same time, the amount of money earned from more people coming to see the movie and eat the food, needs to be greater than the labor required to setup and operate the movies alone.
>>
>>7218522

Who even buys shit at the movies? Anyone who isn't retarded will either not buy that overpriced garbage or just smuggle in their own.
>>
>>7218107
This is basically Alamo drafthouse the have a no talking policy as well. Made famous for kicking out madonna for texting and being obnoxious during a movie.
>>
>>7218522
Movie dinner theaters are getting more and more momentum. Places like Alamo drafthouse, movie tavern, and star plex are doing amazing because they charge 9-11 per ticket which is a good 6 dollar cheaper then amc or tinsletown to get you in the door to buy atleast a soda and popcorn. If you look they really are a cheaper alternative if you stick to the basics but they want you to buy apps and alcohol to cover their food cost so its really pretty fucking smart. You get the bonus 11 added to your average casual sit in spending and profit all the rest.
>>
Burgers, fries, fish and chips, hot dogs, milkshakes, etc. Poutine maybe. Green light on alcohol in the theater.
>>
Here's the thing: Movie theaters have to limit themselves to foods that don't stink up the place.
The smelliest food you'll get is popcorn. Instead of a burger, you get a hotdog. Instead of tea or coffee, you get slushies.
You can't get fried chicken or crab legs or kebabs or tacos because red meat smells like an obese Turkish man's asshole.
You can't get a lot of meat. You can't get cheese or many condiments, not unless you want people barfing as soon as they enter the auditorium.
>>
Me? I'd serve crab legs.

They already have the butter.
>>
>>7218107
>one of these opened up near where I live
>essentially eat a fancy meal while watching a movie
>went out of business

No one wants to spend a stupid amount of money when its already $15/ticket here
>>
Nachos Popcornos
>>
I would serve fajitas
>>
>>7218245
Perhaps one way to think of it is like a natural disaster. Your business might be destroyed by a fire. Or a flood. Or by becoming the target of furious SJWs itching to flex their muscles.

Has anyone proposed SJW insurance?
>>
File: mountain.jpg (75 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
75 KB, 540x405
I would sell MREs and canteens of water. Also, everyone would have to watch the movie in the prone position while pulling 360 security.
>>
To be honest, I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't get excited about the idea of dinner-type food served during a movie.

When I'm going out to see a movie, just give me popcorn, soda, and a candy. I like theaters that have stereotypical theater food done with good ingredients. Like quality cane sugar sodas, organic popcorn with good melted butter, etc.
>>
I would serve eggs cut in 4 pieces with different spice combinations on every quarter of egg.
>>
>>7219508
Is that guy prone in the middle supposed to have that pack on him like that?
>>
>>7220081
No. He fucked up.
>>
>>7218089
All great foods to be flinged at your heads by the niggers behind you.
>>
>>7218089
Popcorn because it makes money. I'd add more flavor varieties, and fresh kettle corn. My theaters would also serve beer, fresh doughnuts, and coffee.
>>
>>7220156
Hm.. on second thought, maybe not beer or hot coffee. Possible liability issues. Kettle corn would be a total money maker though.
>>
File: IMG_0854.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0854.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>7218089
I went to a film festival this December and they had these locally made chocolate bars that were good. Also brie + fig jam sandwich on mini baguette is good for a movie.
>>
polse based foods and frikadeller and the cinema would only show Danish art house and 80's horror films
>>
>>7218089
Check out IPics menu.
>>
>>7219490
SJWs arent real you idiot
gb2 >>>/trump/
>>
Popcorn.
>>
>>7218579
Never heard of an extractor fan and cleaners?
>>
>>7218089
Id serve popcorn and beer because I'm not a pretensions faggot
>>
>>7218089
That looks like shit
>>
I'd serve spaghetti in a bag
>>
>>7221669
>pretensions

Not a very attentive faggot either.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.