[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix_D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: file.jpg (72 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
72 KB, 550x412
On netflix there' s a documentary : "Jiro dreams of sushi".
There's somebody who go at his restaurant???
(Sorry for my english but i'm italian).
>>
Really interesting documentary.
Would like to see if anyone has
>>
File: 1427382279772.jpg (494 KB, 2025x2662) Image search: [Google]
1427382279772.jpg
494 KB, 2025x2662
>>7217547

Last I checked it is on netflix.
Also your English could be improved if you said, "Is there somebody here who has been to his restaurant?" or "Has anyone here been to his restaurant?"
pic unrelated, but food related.
I enjoy helping people improve their English.
>>
File: condescend7eb.jpg (38 KB, 444x500) Image search: [Google]
condescend7eb.jpg
38 KB, 444x500
>>7217554
Your English could be improved if you said "last I checked it was on Netflix", or better yet "it was on Netflix when I last checked".
Pic related.
>>
>>7217554
Oh man, sorry I am drunk I misread your question.
>>
>>7217562
Haha, you made me giggle. You are correct.
>>
>>7217554
Oh Thanks for the tips, I'll be more careful. I saw this movie and I was almost moved. you have any other evidence to suggest?
>>
>>7217609
Not really, most people around where I am from, sometimes even me, speak worse English than you.
In my opinion, sushi is subjective. Maybe someone who loves sushi would go to this famous sushi place and not like it. I think he just happened to make sushi for a long time and someone found out about it and decided to make a documentary about it. I'm sure there are other sushi places out there which rival or surpass his sushi.
>>
>>7217542
I've gone to /ck/ for years, and no one has posted about going to Jiro's restaurant, so I doubt anyone will surface now and say they have
>>
>>7217625
I get it ... I think I love the sushi, if I could eat it every day of the year. also here in Rome, there are some good restaurants and certainly more economical.
>>
>>7217625
It's not only the subjective flavour, but consistency, quality of ingredients, and overall experience.

Remember how they said that the two times Michelin reviewer visited the restaurant, he was actually not served by Jiro himself but IIRC his son.

Also, from personal experience - I thought I had great sushi in the US (Cali), but then I went to Japan and had some totally mid-tier kaitenzushi there and it totally blew everything I had before out of the water.
>>
His restaurant was implied to be expensive as fuck. There's no way I'd pay that much for sushi.

>i'm Italian
I love Italian women! Italian women are so sexy. American women are so fat.
>>
Oh shit, a thread I'm relevant to.

I went there back in 2013, the place is very expensive. It's great sushi but the price is absurd. Jiro got onto me because I didn't dip my sushi into the soy sauce correctly. Apparently you have to dip the fish side into the soy sauce, not the rice.

I also learned that pickled ginger is a palate cleanser.
>>
I went a few years ago- his restaurant is a little hard to find but the food was very good. I think if there was one thing I could point out that was exceptionally great was the fact that in between each fish you could see him clean all the counters. He was very meticulous in that sense. My only real complain was I felt that the mackerel was over seasoned, but his squid might have been the best I've ever had.
>>
>>7219990
You're fibbing. I went to eat at Jiro's myself, and he doesn't serve soy sauce in a bowl or plate to the customers, he brushes the soy sauce himself with a small brush.
>>
>>7217631
While I coulda sworn I've seen pics someone posted here from Jiro's, I can't be certain that they were OC and not something from elsewhere though I get the impression that they were, in fact, OC.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 2048x819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 2048x819
>>7220537
Yup.
It was a few years ago when I took them.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 2048x941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 2048x941
>>7220537
>>
>>7217547
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8525044/Jiro_Dreams_of_Sushi_720p_Bluray_x264_AC3_MVGroup.org
>>
No. Generally he is one of the most highly rated sushi chefs, I can't think of any that have had the accolades he has. He is very traditionalist and ultimately it IS just sushi. It is a very high quality but still simplistic dish. I tend to side with more exploration in chefs. You can make the same dish a billion times and be very skilled to the point of near perfection, but it doesn't make you inventive.
>>
What happens if a round eye like me walks in there and asks for a fork?
>>
>>7220629
You will be made to apologize for all the bad things white people have ever done throughout history, in perfect Japanese. If you cannot speak perfect Japanese, you will be deported from Japan and you'll never meet your odorless, emotionless perfect anime waifu made of warm plastic and blue hair. Following that you will become a sandwich artist at Arby's and take your own life. Nobody will show up to claim the body and you will be buried in a pauper's grave.

I suggest you begin studying now, before it is too late.
>>
jiro is father of mine

we eat nice at the home

sorry for bad engurisheru i am japaneees
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 2004x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 2004x838
>>7220537
>>
>>7220634
Wouldn't it be easier to just learn how to use chopsticks?
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1315x961) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1315x961
>>7220537
That's the last one I have on my phone. I'll dig out the memory card when I'm home and post the rest if anyone's interested.
>>
>>7220641
You use your fingers.
>>
The fishmonger is more important than jiro but recieves almost no recognition.
>>
>>7220629
You'll be politely but firmly asked to leave because you have no reservation, of course. In case you have a reservation, you will be told that you do not, and that you were allowed in by mistake. Once you start making a scene, the police will be called, and once you start to assert your superior American masculinity to them, you will be tazed, cuffed, and beaten to a pulp in a jailhouse corner where the security cameras can't quite see. Finally, once you start a lawsuit against the Japanese law enforcement system, you will be denied re-entry to the country, and westerners will finally be banned from the restaurant and many, many others as a sufficient excuse has finally been provided.

You'll probably feel very proud of yourself at this point, having finally found revenge against "those weeaboos" and their intimidating admiration of foreign cultural norms.
>>
>>7220562
you've really eaten there?
>>
>>7220659
True of most of the food industry for that matter.
>>
>>7220675
Honestly the best sushi and sashimi I have ever tasted was cut directly at the fish stand. Resteraunts are more atmosphere and prestige, not actually about food.
>>
>>7217542
>yfw his son moves to Los Angeles or New York to open a sushi restaurant after the old man dies
>>
>>7217542
I went. The sushi was bland and the rice was too hard. I later yelped 1 star. Ended up so hungry I went for a McDonalds. I gave the McD 4 stars on yelp. The restaurant was pretty clean.
>>
>>7217554
That chart is hella neat
>>
>>7217542
>implying anyone on /ck/ can afford to go to a michelin star restaurant
>>
>>7217542
ITT: nobody went to his restaurant

what did you expect?
>>
>>7220642
I would like to see more if you could. Did you enjoy the food?
>>
>>7221563
Haha! Nice meme, friend!
>>
More like memechelin! hahaha you guys see what I did there? wew
>>
Anyone else remember when talking about this was a go to troll thread?
>>
>>7224286
To be honest the experience was wasted on me as I don't really like fish much. I got taken there by a well connected client so I guess it was free.
>>
That documentary was unreal. People paying hundreds of dollars to eat sashimi on a subway platform while some cold Japanese guy impatiently waits for you to finish and leave.
>>
>>7217542
Why would anyone pay insane amounts of money to eat raw fish on plain rice? I appreciate what Jiro does and it's nice that he uses high quality ingredients but at the end of the day it's just uncooked fish and white rice.
>>
>>7224457
BUT IT TAKES 10 YEARS TO BOIL RICE PROPERLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7217625
I heard his son's place is just as good if not better, and they don't fucking skimp out on you if you're a woman. Cheaper too. I'll go there if I'm ever in the area.
>>
The guy's autistic, right?
>>
>>7224537
/tv/ can you please fuck off, it's too early for this bad of bait
>>
And yet i couldn't take my eyes off the screen everytime he stick a fish on the rice and puts it on the tray.
>>
>>7220684
>New York
Pacific coast or nothing
>>
>>7217820
One of Jiro's sons opened a similar restaurant nearby and most foreigners go to his son's place since it feels less intimidating.

And one of his former employees left Japan to open a sushi place of his own in New York.
>>
>>7220684
A former employee of Jiro's already did.

The youngest son already opened his own place of his own but no one knows what the oldest son will do after Jiro dies.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.