[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Year's Eve Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: howaboutbacon.jpg (169 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
howaboutbacon.jpg
169 KB, 1280x853
What the hell do I make for the new years eve? I got people coming to my place. What do you traditionally eat when the year changes?

Only thing I have to offer right now is hotdogs. Should I make real food or just snacks (onion rings or something)?
>>
>>7217096
I wish me and my wife could throw something but her ex is being a dick and won't watch their kids...
>>
>>7217102
Really working that meme kid. I think it's time you stop posting
>>
>>7217096
Just make snacks/appetizer kind of things. Cook an actual meal on new years day.
>>
My family always does a fondue, cheese bread, meats, whatever. Not especially difficult if you have the gear, and it's perfect for company.
>>
https://youtu.be/e70ZhxQmQmY
>>
>>7217102
I know that feel. My current gf is going out of state to visit her kids who are staying with their father.
>>
Traditionally my family eats ham, collard greens, and black-eyed peas, which are supposed to give you health, wealth, and luck for the coming year.
>>
>>7217096
Do the good luck grapes at new years
>>
>>7217106
>NO FUN ALLOWED DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON
go be a stick in the mud somewhere else, lad. the popular people are having fun.
>>
>>7217123
Cochon de Lait, not ham.
>>
>>7217096
Traditionally? My family has always done pork and sauerkraut in the crockpot. I love the smell of coming home to that after 8 hours.

Also normally get shrimp and a cheeseball.
>>
>>7217134
I'm sure it's tastier, but ham's cheaper so we always stuck with smithfield.
>>
File: chinese-new-year-shrimp.jpg (2 MB, 1555x1037) Image search: [Google]
chinese-new-year-shrimp.jpg
2 MB, 1555x1037
lebanon balogna, sweet balogna, various cheeses, veggies, dips as a big platter for snacking

also little smokey sausages cooked in either orange or raspberry jam, and about 5 pounds of jumbo shrimp, both boiled and a special baked recipe which is nice

also shit tons of various wine and beer and shots FUCK YEAH
>>
>>7217234
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/baked-lemon-shrimp-with-garlic-11830

Here's the recipe I use for the baked skramps.
>>
File: p1080871.jpg (3 MB, 2723x1874) Image search: [Google]
p1080871.jpg
3 MB, 2723x1874
Bump for soonish Samoan new year.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.