[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leftover soup for dinner >forgot to take it out of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ice.jpg (25 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
ice.jpg
25 KB, 480x380
>leftover soup for dinner
>forgot to take it out of the freezer last night
>microwave it for a couple minutes and dump container into pot
>there's now a puddle of melted soup with a huge ice block in the middle
>try to break frozen mass up so it will thaw faster
>can't because it's fucking solid ice
>liquid soup is now boiling
>start bashing the frozen soup with a spoon trying to break it up
>splattering shit all over the stove top
>it still won't fucking break up
>screaming at my soup in rage
>by the time I can eat I have burns on my arms and burned soup stuck in my pan and on my stove top
does anyone else know this feel?
>>
i thought it was gonna be you stabbed yourself trying to cut the soup ice
>>
>liquid soup is now boiling
>start bashing the frozen soup with a spoon trying to break it up

Why not set it to low heat, cover, and then wait for it to melt?
>>
>>7216321

One can only hope.
>>
Boil water
Turn off stove
Stick jar of soup in water
Let it warm up naturally
You now have defrosted soup
>>
>>7216271
What is a lid? No i don't know what it feels like to be a dumb average american
>>
File: 20151230_204345-1.jpg (3 MB, 2236x2236) Image search: [Google]
20151230_204345-1.jpg
3 MB, 2236x2236
>>7216271

>microwave
>stove top

Pick one you autistic faggot.

Make soup fresh daily...like I do.

I'd give you some of my roasted pork soup, but you're there and I'm here.

C'est la vie!
>>
Goddamn i love soup so much
>>
>>7216432
I didn't want to microwave it for too long because I thought it would make the potato in it mushy

>>7216423
how would putting a lid on it change the fact that you have a shallow puddle of boiling soup and a frozen brick?
>>
>not putting it in the blender with some milk and having a nice soupshake
>>
ive had tv dinners that took too long to thaw and I ate them partially frozen.
>>
>>7216432
That looks like greasy, watery baby shit. Sorry, bub.
>>
>>7216505
Aren't most of them usually under ten minutes? How much of a rush were you in?
>>
>>7216499
>how would putting a lid on it change the fact that you have a shallow puddle of boiling soup and a frozen brick?
Not him but if you set it to low and cover your sourcing would have melted and not burned in the pan.
>>
>>7216537
I have one of those shitty glass top stoves so the only heat settings are off and too hot.
>>
>>7216271
It might not help if your frozen soup is chunky, but you can grate thin things like stock. Otherwise you have to chip sections off with an ice pick, or an improvised one.

There's little point microwaving it, as microwaves have barely any effect on ice.
>>
>>7216524

>watery

Yes, soup.
>>
>>7216499

Why didn't you just reheat it on low on top of the stove?

Impatience?
>>
>>7216856
that and even if you heat it on low you have to keep turning the ice block over since only the side touching the pan will melt
>>
>>7216505
Don't you mean dethaw?
>>
>>7216978

Unless you put a lid on the pot then the entire thing will melt in a matter of minutes.
>>
File: 1423111956217.jpg (69 KB, 680x707) Image search: [Google]
1423111956217.jpg
69 KB, 680x707
>>7216271
>im a retard who can fucking melt soup
>I cant add water to a pan to prevent my soup from burning while also melting the frozen bits
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.