[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is poutine so hard to make?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: swamp poutine.png (1015 KB, 753x816) Image search: [Google]
swamp poutine.png
1015 KB, 753x816
why is poutine so hard to make?
>>
It isn't when you use the proper ingredients.

Shredded cheese is not the same thing as cheese curds.
>>
>>7216141
Need the curds, breh
>>
>>7216141
>eating pootine
>>
pro tips from an authentic communist canuckistani guy who worked in the kitchen at a place that sold poutine:

>cut potato
>fry
>fry again
>have hot gravy on standby
>have squeaky-fresh white cheese curds on standby
>shake those crispy fries onto your serving apparatus
>tumble some curds onto the pile
>pour piping-hot gravy on to the mess
>suffer cardiac arrest
>>
File: sigh1.jpg (40 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
sigh1.jpg
40 KB, 350x350
>>7216144
It's hard when you don't live in a place that has easy access to fresh cheese curds.
>>
>>7217089
>not putting in pulled pork
Have fun with your bland crap dish bud.
>>
>>7216141
P O O I N T H E T I N E
>>
>>7217099
So make your own.
>>
I remember many years ago when I first go on 4chan there was a poutine thread. I of course thought it sounded delicious and tried to make it at home. I couldn't find cheese curds anywhere (southeast US) so I just used string cheese cut up into little pieces. It tasted great but I feel it would have been 10x better with cheese curds.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 420x315
>>7217101

>two memes doesn't make a right

You don't need pulled pork if you know what good poutine is.
>>
>>7217138
I'm going to catch shit for this, but string cheese sounds like a pretty legit substitution for cheese curds. Curds are firmer, but the taste is probably pretty similar.
>>
>>7218171
string cheese doesn't have that.. ineffible curdiness. But it's certainly a better substitute than grated mozarella
>>
File: DuckConfitPoutune.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DuckConfitPoutune.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7217101

>not putting in duck confit.

What the fuck kind of French person are you?
>>
File: f6f.gif (47 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
f6f.gif
47 KB, 600x396
>>7218210

OHHHHH CANADAAAAAA
>>
So anybody got a good poutine gravy recipe, or do you just dump shit out of a can?
>>
File: mccormick-brown-gravy-coupon.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mccormick-brown-gravy-coupon.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>7218280
>do you just dump shit out of a can?
Jesus fucking Christ. How lowly do you think of Canadians? Do you really think they would be so trashy as to use canned gravy for the delicacy that is poutine? Everyone who knows the first thing about proper cooking knows that you use only the finest $0.50 dehydrated gravy packet.
>>
>>7218288
>gravy

Every true and righteous Canadian knows we do not put gravy on poutiine, but actual poutine sauce that comes in the can with thee chicken on it.
>>
>>7218280
technically you're supposed to make your own gravy using half beef broth half chicken broth
>>
>>7218297
St. Hubert makes packets too you stupid fucking tripfag

also: filtered
>>
>poutine with sweet potatoes

I didn't realize it would be so amazing until I tried it
>>
>>7216141
Tapeworms in gravy. Nice.
>>
>>7216141
I think I came.
>>
>>7218210
Jesus fucking christ i need it in my face uggghh
>>
>>7217099
either make your own cheese curd or skip the poutine altogether.
>>
>>7218210
they're quebeckers, not french. they're descended from the french, yes, but they are not french. that's like saying aussies are english. they're from england, but they're not english.
>>
>>7218288

highest kek lad
>>
>>7219292

People born in Quebec have dual-nationality from birth, in France and Canada. How are they not French when they have French citizenship?

Weird...
>>
>bag of frozen fries
>toss in oven
>put on plate
>pour a tub of cottage cheese on fries
>throw a knorr beef stock on top
>heaven
>>
File: pleb.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>7220025
>>
>>7218297
Good luck finding poutine sauce in the states
>>
>>7216141

Too tipsy to read other replies lol

Do you live in Canada, OP? Many stores sell pre-packaged cheese curds specifically for poutine. Dunno if they sell cheese curds in America.

Brown gravy works best.

Put hot fries on plate first, throw cheese on top (Curds, or whatever you wanna substitute if curds aren't available in your area), then pour VERY HOT gravy on top. Cheese should melt.
>>
>>7219645
Except they don't.
>>
>>7218288
>How lowly do you think of Canadians?
You want an honest answer?
>>
>>7220218
>Dunno if they sell cheese curds in America.
They sell EVERYTHING in America. I could go up to the WalMart right now and get cheese curds.
>>
>>7220256
Cheese curds are basically banned in my state. Something to do with not being real cheese from what I know.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 312x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 312x294
>>7220381
>>
>>7217101
Fucking Americans
>>
>tfw this restaurant near you has god tier poutine sauce but their fries are trash
i fucking swear someday I'll find a place where everything is 10/10
>>
>>7217138
One time when my out of town friend was crashing at my place he got the itch to try this stuff. We don't live anywhere near canada.

>be us
>be drinking
>is late; walk to dollar store
>"okay... what's in this shit, anyhow?"
>french fries? frozen $2 bag of fries.
>cheese curds? string cheese. we'll chop it up into curd size.
>gravy? dollar store beef gravy.

It actually wasn't that bad. It wasn't inedible or awful tasting. Unremarkable, really. I just remember thinking french fries and cheese sounded tastier in theory. And that it was very salty. Would have rather just had the fries with ketchup and a string cheese snack later. Gravy was way too much salt.
>>
>>7217099
Where the fuck do you live that you can't find cheese curds?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.