[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food allergies thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 135862112185.jpg (11 KB, 229x231) Image search: [Google]
135862112185.jpg
11 KB, 229x231
Let's post stories about food allergies and our experiences with it. I have an allergy to lactose and dairy.

>be me
>out in town with mother
>go to coffeehouse to get a cup of coffee with her
>she had a cup of tea and I tried out a vanilla latte, specifically ordering it with oat milk
>shit was meh, not bad, not good
>come home two hours later
>mother of all gods my stomach hurts
>go to toilet
>massive diarrhoea and vomiting
>go to bed
>mom wakes me up 3 hours later
>gives me a mix of vomit medicine, bicarbonate and lemon juice
>fall asleep with bucket next to bed
>wake up 2 hours later
>vomit in the bucket and fill that shit to the brim
>holy fuck it wasn't just the coffee and soup (which were the only things that I ate that day) but also stomach acid, stomach lining and intestinal fluids
>my body hadn't even bothered to digest the coffee
>feel noticably lighter in body weight
>can barely move
>pour the shit into the toilet and go back to sleep
>>
I don't have food allergies because I'm not genetically inferior.
>>
Yeah, disgusting negro-nico. We are fucking purebred aryans, and we don't get these reactions because we werent inbred by negros and jews!
>>
>>7214776
>>be me

Well no shit! Who the fuck else are you going to be?
>>
>be someone that has had egg and seafood (all type - crab, lobster, fish, shellfish, calamari, etc.) allergies since age 5 (also latex, pecans, penicillin, hazelnuts, and fun since later ages).
>be 22 and decide to get a job where I have to travel for a living
>first onsite visit to a client, go to a hole in the wall restaurant with coworkers in ohio
>guy behind the counter promises "no fish" in broken english
>take one bite of mystery meat sandwich
>throat swells almost completely shut
>pop a clarinex and drink ice water as I wait to find out if I need to stab myself with an epi-pen
>coworkers take allergies seriously from that point on
Allergies blow for traveling, especially at airports. Tiny kitchens. Seafood gets grilled on the same surface. Some sort of thing battered with egg or seafood always gets fried. Griddles always get eggs on them. I can't really eat at asian restaurants at all as they have zero concept of avoiding cross contamination
>>
>>7214901
You just were not meant to live on this earth sadly
>>
>>7214905
I knew someone when I worked at a pharma company that was severely allergic to soy and corn.

(Soy is commonly used as a lecithin, and corn is used in shitloads in the US as a sweetener via HFCS).

I felt terrible for her. Imagine not being able to have pretty much any sodas (unless you specifically acquire sodas that use Cane sugar, but vending machines or soda fountains are out) or any food that came in a pre-packaged bag.
>>
>>7214906
That's horrible and I almost feel sorry for you genetic dead ends
>>
>>7214910
Don't, they should've been executed at an earlier age and if not they should've committed suicide.
>>
>gastritis
>some days good some days bad
>bad days I vomit up anything with flavor
>good days just have bad heartburn
>nexium every day
>friend makes garlic parmesan chicken goojans
>share them while playing some smash
>three hours later, feeling nauseous
>pop another nexium
>not going away
>suddenly violently ill
>both ends
>can't even drink water without throwing up or shitting it out
>no more food in my stomach, just water stomach acid and small tiny pieces of garlic
>vomiting up bits of garlic for the next five hours
>pass out on his bathroom floor

Thank god his sink and toilet are so close or that could have been a mess. I can't eat garlic to date, which is the worst because it's in everything worth eating
>>
>>7214776
Please do not post anime.
There is a board for that.
>>
>>7214927
Just kill yourself so nobody has to put up with you whiny ass bullshit anymore
>>
>>7214929
>korean cartoon image site
>>
>>7214951
Cooking has nothing to do with anime you autistic faggot
>>
>>7214933
>Just kill yourself so nobody has to put up with you whiny ass bullshit anymore
People with real food allergies/reactions generally aren't the vocal ones (OP excepted), beyond pragmatic necessity. The worst are the ones with imaginary food reactions like non-celiac gluten intolerance, or believe obvious falsehoods like cooked food is poisonous, or jump from one bullshit diet (MUH OAT BRANS) to another (MUH ATKINS) to another (MUH CAVEMAN FOOD).
>>
>>7214974
Food allergies and diets are two separate things...
>>
>>7214981
it's the people with made up diets that are irritating, them acting like it's an allergy
>>
I have celiac disease. I hate getting lumped in with fad dieters. Also lactose intolerance. Chick fil a is pretty much the only fast food joint I can eat at safely without shitting myself in pain on the ride home.

It's ruined eating out for me though.
>>
>>7214927
>goojans
what in le fuck is that?

>is it tendies
>>
>be Thai
>be allergic to peanuts

Wew lads
>>
I only have one allergy, and it's almost not even worth mentioning. Eggs; I can eat them in anything and be completely fine, but if I try to eat then alone I only get a little bit nausea. If I have them with sausage, potatoes, hell even with just a dab of ketchup or salsa in completely fine. Just straight egg, by itself, for some reason my body does not like.
>>
File: 1450984585676.gif (569 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450984585676.gif
569 KB, 500x281
>>7214959
>>
>>7215243
That's not an allergy
>>
>>7215266

Tell that to my doctor and nutritionist then
>>
>>7215084
>celiacs
>fried chicken
You wanna know how i know you're full of shit?
>>
I don't know what it is but when I eat fruit that is more or less raw, I feel sick and sometimes vomit. Which sucks because I used to love fruit. Some things with fruit seem safe. Like yogurt or pancakes. Others are not like smoothies. Wtf is wrong with me?
>>
>>7215319
Are you retarded? They have grilled chicken which does not come into contact with their breaded. The fries are also done in a seperate fryer.
>>
>>7214906
> Imagine not being able to have pretty much any sodas

I'm not a fatass so I don't drink soda period, no sympathy here.
>>
Don't have food allergies but some places I've eaten at cause me to break out in hives and have blood pockets form in my mouth. To this day I don't know what the fuck it is. And it's no matter what I eat from these place so I've learned my lesson to just not fucking eat there.
>>
I spent my honeymoon discovering that I have a wild, horrid, shitting-and-vomiting, breaking out in hives, lost 10 pounds in a week chestnut allergy. I have 0 other allergies, just chestnuts.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.