[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT Kitchen Nightmares episodes that you are pretty cert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: KitchenNightmares Mangia Mangia.jpg (105 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
KitchenNightmares Mangia Mangia.jpg
105 KB, 612x380
>ITT Kitchen Nightmares episodes that you are pretty certain more was going on among the owners and staff than they revealed

I personally think there's a big chunk of information missing from the episode on the restaurant Mangia Mangia. I doubt the owner didn't know that Trevor was showing up to work high.

>Throwing plates in the kitchen and acting irrationally
>Must be a normal day
>I didn't know he was still on drugs

I think the owner's daughter, who also seemed rather vile was in a relationship with Trevor at one point or another and that they both did drugs, and the only reason their relationship was tense was because their exes and the only reason the daughter wasn't called out on her drug use is because she's the owner's daughter.

If you guys watched that episode, you can tell something is not right and is being left out, plus the daughter looks like a druggie.

Anyone here who has not seen the Mangia Mangia episodes, look no further than here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJBBsHSb1HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABHQRh-LRjg

What episodes of Kitchen nightmares do you think essential details were either not caught on camera, not shown, glossed over, etc. and there is much more going on behind the scenes than is revealed?

I have a feeling Burger Kitchen will definitely be mentioned.
>>
every single episode is scripted you fucking dolt
>>
>>7214497
70% of it is real, most of the scripted part comes from Gordon instigating shit.
>>
>>7214484
>watching an episode
>gordon smells spoiled fish and pretends to vomit into a trashcan 4 times
>makes the owner smell it
>he's just like "yeah it's bad"
he's like boogie2988 on youtube with his francis character. everyone wants to be extreme and angry now on tv and youtube because people want to live vicariously through them.
>>
>>7214535
I think he's told to play it up, yeah.
>>
>>7214484
dude, it's a show on Fox. half of the audience's daughters are scrawny meth sluts, the other half are scrubby meth sons. they're not going to turn an episode of Kitchen Nightmares into an episode of Intervention, but it's well understood by the audience.

>has seen that episode
>lives with drug addicts
>>
>>7214541
You're a spider shy of a web
>>
File: scorpscopr.jpg (88 KB, 545x643) Image search: [Google]
scorpscopr.jpg
88 KB, 545x643
>>7214547
the hell kind of southern meth lab slang is that?
>>
>>7214561
You're as sharp as a bowling ball, bright as a wet match, not too fucking smart, in other words.
>>
>>7214566
you were right the first time actually...

i am a shy spider..
>>
File: widbone.png (46 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
widbone.png
46 KB, 225x225
>>7214484
I ran out of pic related
>>
>>7214484
Trevor was a bro, I liked him. I watch the show a lot but can't think of any specific situations that stood out to me like Mangia Mangia did. Shit was fucked up.
>>
Did you know that your brain is one big drug production facility and even something as generic as salt has drug like properties when someone goes without it for a long time?
>>
>>7214685
What about water?
>>
>>7214658
lmao how is he a bro? The restaurant was truly beyond help, but in any normal, reputable place that cuck would have lasted maybe a week before getting handed his walking papers, and maybe a trip to jail as well. But the owner thought he was most suitable to be the head chef?
>>
Why is American tv so dramatised and scripted? Is all American tv like this?

I've watched a fair amount of kitchen nightmares and hells kitchen, as well as masterchef. All scripted and fake as fuck. No doubt there is some of this in the UK versions, but no where near the extreme that the US versions offer.
>>
The producers definitely push reality shows in the directions they think will make for the most compelling television. But the only one with something that resembles a script is GR, because he's the only one with experience in front of the camera. If you tried to get the staff and restaurant owners to follow a script they'd fuck it up, because they're not actors. I'm sure they're given guidance, but in the end the narrative of each episode is a function of what the producers tried to get and what the editors could make from the hours of footage that ended up dumped in their laps.
>>
>Parents in law leave the food network or tlc on all the time
>End up watching that gay show that is the black haired and glasses Guy Fieri
>"HEY IMMA GOING TO EAT A WHOLE DOZEN OF SUPER HOT WINGS AND SET SOME GAY RECORD"
>See his family in the audience
>Notice his son isn't psyched at all tobe there and looks afraid
>He starts eating the wings
>Cuts to his son
>Who is obviously at least 1 year older, and against a dark background
>"GO DAD GO!"
>Cuts back to the wide shot
>Weird younger introvert among the crowd again

It was such shoddy editing.
>>
I've learned two valuable lessons from the show:

1) If I walk into a restaurant and I'm the youngest one there, run away. There's a good reason that the younger folk stay away.

2) Don't go to anything named Amy's Baking Company.
>>
>>7215709
>Amy's Baking Company.
holy fuck I forgot all about that shit
>>
>>7215696
That's flavortown doppelgangers for you.
>>
>>7214517

>70% of it is real

Only real thing in the show are the reactions of the staff that haven't been told what is going to happen, most of it is just confusion on how to react around Gordon Ramsay, everything is engineered and most of it is calculated by the producers, they probably sign a waiver saying something like - "we won't talk back to God Ramsay bla bla bla nobody will sue anybody, if you break the rules you will be fined x amount of dollarydoo buckaroonies"

Never believe in reality TV, the show is just as real as Maury Povich.
>>
>>7215652
not every television program needs to be some BBC documentary. if we want documentaries, we'll turn on PBS or go on Netflix. there's more to American television than motherloving FOX
>>
>>7214484
I wish they talked more about the finances, like how much money the restaurant is making vs how much it costs for upkeep. It already seemed that the restaurant was in heavy debt and that nothing could save it.

>the daughter was a qt when she ashed and let down her hair, even though she seems kind of dumb
>>
>>7215652
Because we are like this irl, not like you limp wristed faggots who take it up the ass
>>
>>7216050
Feel better?
>>
>>7214484

have they ever done an episode at one of those terrible Italian places all over NJ that are obvious money laundering schemes?
>>
>>7214484
>Mangia Mangia

If I was in that kid's positioned I would've been taking cooking classes and reading/watching/practicing all day every day.

The mom had her moments of anger, but was ultimately a pushover. Daughter was the same, but slightly less emotional. If that kid had not been an useless druggie he could've been in a position where a woman looking for meaning in her life gives him both her daughter and a business for practically nothing.

It's pretty obvious the girl was doing drugs too, but Gordon knew he couldn't go in that direction or else the entire episode would've fallen apart.

I wonder how many serving girls Gordon hooked up with during this show's run. There's a couple episodes where he has them practically eating out of his hand.
>>
I actually just finished watching all the kitchen nightmare episodes today. weird

but honestly I think kitchen nightmares uk is way better than US. the US version has too much drama and sound effects and shit. the uk version seems a lot more real and it's far more entertaining
>>
File: why.png (184 KB, 326x533) Image search: [Google]
why.png
184 KB, 326x533
I always re-watch this episode.
Makis is a fucking idiot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQHiTnA6XI
>>
>Manga Mangina
>>
>>7215737
I HAVE 3 BOYS TRAPPED INSIDE CAT BODIES.
I MAKE ALL MY STUFF FROM SCRATCH!
>>
>>7214517
When you watch reality TV how much of it do you think is real?

Well I have news for you, not even 5% of it is real
>>
>>7216109
>serving girls Gordon hooked up with
I know the money and celebrity can get you into some nice pussy. But no 20yr old is fucking that ghoul.
>>
>>7216109
My favorite part of the show is Gordon charming qt waitresses.
>>
>>7216680
He calls every single waitress
>my darling

Trust me he's not hitting on them.
>>
File: Amy.jpg (25 KB, 391x275) Image search: [Google]
Amy.jpg
25 KB, 391x275
>>7215709
>>7215737
>>7216347
Amy is the best damn thing to ever happen to reality tv, oh God I wish that episode was longer. Many kek's were had.

You know her and her husband went on the Dr. Phil Show after they kept getting hate mail after their appearance on Kitchen Nightmares.

The full episode used to be on youtube but this is all I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H__YZ6DMmGE

The Battletoad part is epic.
>>
>>7217579
She's deranged and should probably be on heavy medication and in a mental ward
>>
File: snickers.jpg (47 KB, 402x480) Image search: [Google]
snickers.jpg
47 KB, 402x480
>>7217584
I wish they would give her her own reality tv show.
>>
The French one where that Scottish woman became a literal prostitute after the show remains my favorite.
>>
>>7217603
>GR will never lift your crazy french-brazilian ass out of the restaurant
>>
UK series, Soul Food place.
Gives me warm fuzzies :3
>>
>>7214566
Can short of a six pack?
>>
>>7217633
Yessssss

I love that episode so much
>>
>>7217584

They showed that episode again on BBC America the other day. Out of curiousity, I looked up Amy's Baking company on Google to see if they were still in business.

They aren't.

There was some story about the husband attacking a customer with a knife in front of the restaurant about the time that it closed. I assume the two are related.

Here's the video of the attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdAS-gxZ2FM

and a commentary about the attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHTY7AN8C5w
>>
File: sonofman.jpg (576 KB, 2677x1763) Image search: [Google]
sonofman.jpg
576 KB, 2677x1763
>>7214566
I'd like you as a neighbor.
>>
>>7217568
I know he's not, but he still jokes with them and makes them giggle like little school girls.
>>
>>7215652
i like the uk version of kitchen nightmares because its actually about cooking more than drama. then it made its way to america and got all gayed up
>>
File: disastergirl.jpg (26 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
disastergirl.jpg
26 KB, 500x374
>>7218482
If you moved into my building I'd burn the complex to the ground with everyone inside
>>
>Gordon goes to a restaurant with shitty food but a nice look to it
>vintage lamps, nice wooden furniture, charming wallpaper, etc.
>"please don't fuck this one up, update the paint and refinish the furniture, just please don't fuck this one up"
>he gives it a fullscale makeover and it looks like complete shit
Every fucking time

I'm sure people eat that shit up but fucking hell he love homogenizing everything and ruining anything with flair that doesn't fit his idea of a "stylish and modern" restaurant

The man knows food but he doesn't have any interior design sense
>>
>>7216109
>There's a couple episodes where he has them practically eating out of his hand.

That's the worst part of it all, Gordon's face looks like a wad of pasta dough left out in the sun and you got all these waitresses yammering on about how badly they want him to give them the D, it's more nauseating than anything in the kitchens
>>
>>7217603
Wait for real? I knew the restaurant folded but dayum.
>>
the UK version absolutely shits on US version

it's so damn comfy
>>
>>7219051
UK version is low energy. I like when Gordon talks to people but I don't like when he narrates an episode because he suddenly loses all his passion like he's reading from a script. US version is superior.

God and that elevator music they play in the background of the UK version with Gordon narrating the episode like it's a bed time story for one of his kids makes it a gigantic snooze fest. I love Gordon but he's not a good narrator.
>>
>>7219196
fuk u
>>
>>7217603
I loved the progression from "wow she's a pretty hot scottish woman" to "wow she's a fucking woman child wouldn't fuck with Jamie Oliver's dick"
>>
I'm surprised the series laster as long as it did.

After a while, they covered just about everything. Once they got Amy's Baking Company, they pretty much had everything. No need to ever watch another.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.