[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
sup /ck/

So Im trying to create an incredibly healthy thing to bring to work with me. I've been using the food pyramid as a guideline, but have a shitton of questions and fear that the pyramid might not be the end all be all. Mostly I've been eating dark greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens are now every day foods), corn, quinoa, tomato, jalapeno, peas, beans, and brown rice. Is this healthy or not?

1) Fruits vs Veggies. Does it really matter? I dislike sweet stuff, so I've been essentially using bell peppers and a shitton of jalapenos. Does this totally matter if I eat a shitton of vegetables a days with a multivitamin? Or should i throw a banana in there too?

2) Do I really need that much fucking dairy in my diet? I love me some cheese, but i understand that it's probably not fantastic for me and hold off on it. Is me not eating cheese really that unhealthy?

3) holy fuck do i need that many grains? I eat 1/4 cup (uncooked) brown rice and the same in quinoa every day. do i need to up that or can i just eat more veggies.

4) Peas, Beans, and Meat. Are they all the same food group? Does it particularly matter that i eat peas, beans, and some chicken/albacore with every meal or no?

5) fish vs chicken. Everything i read says to keep fish eating to a minimum due to mercury concerns. is this only true for stuff like tuna or should i really only keep my serving of albacore a day split into a weeks serving?

6) is it worth adding a serving of tempeh/tofu to my food every day? Would it be a serving of meat or vegetables?
sorry for all the weird questions, but all the places i look it up have vague/contradicting answers.
tldr: healithiest foods you can eat every day? Are vegies = fruits nutrient wise? Can beans/peas = meat?
>>
For the record my current take to work food is:
90g Brown Rice
100g Broccoli
75g Kimchi
110g Bell Peppers
90g Jalapenos
55g Kale
85g Quinoa
100g Turnip Greens
80g Chicken
50g Mackerel
200g Beans
90g Corn
80g Brussel Sprouts
90g Peas
100g Mustard Greens
100g Spinach
>>
>>7214225

On paper that's not enough dairy, fruits, or meat. Is that really THAT much of an issue if i take a multivitamin? Or should I really add some cheese and dates up in this bitch.
>>
You have issues if you're this obsessed with portions and nutrients. Get help.
>>
>>7214246
isnt that why im asking ck
>>
>>7214215
1) vegetables are more important than fruit. however, peppers ARE fruit.
2) no, dairy is not necessary at all. it's the baby food of another species, ya dummy.
3) not at all, but they are ok if you need calories. too much whole grain will actually harm your health unless you prepare it specially (ferment it).
4) I guess you could say that. but eat a little of both.
5) it's mostly for large fish that accumulate a lot of crap -- tuna is a huge fish. eat sardines if you want to eat fish a lot, or shellfish. despite toxicity concerns, sea meat is more nutritious than land meat especially the CAFO shit you likely consume.
6) unfermented soy is bad for you. tempeh is ok. it counts as "meat group" because it's a bean. I don't know of any special benefits.
7) the Murrican food pyramid is corporate sponsored bullshit, you know.
>>
>>7214225
This diet is probably too low in fat. Don't listen to the FDA on that point especially.
>>
>>7214397
to add, you could just cook all those assloads of greens in red palm oil. this will give you fat + vitamin A.
>>
scoobysworkshop.com
go to the diet section
>>
>>7214225
that seems like a lot of food for one day
>>
>>7214225
Damn this is actually a really great diet, though as the other anon stated, it does need some more fat. Try throwing in some avocado, peanut butter, and coconut oil.

I envy your luscious fiber poops
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.