[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you put in your carbonara, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: carbonara_autentico.jpg (42 KB, 614x421) Image search: [Google]
carbonara_autentico.jpg
42 KB, 614x421
What do you put in your carbonara, /ck/?
>>
all of my love with a bit of

care
respect
enthusiasm
and
magic
>>
Does carbonara even mean anything anymore?
>>
>>7213992
For many years I legitimately believed that Carbonara wasn't a real thing and was just a fake food The Sims made up.
>>
File: 1818481558.png (45 KB, 642x1083) Image search: [Google]
1818481558.png
45 KB, 642x1083
>>7213992

Tried to take off as a meme and failed.
Not even worth getting mad over anymore.

Pic related, it is how /ck/ was when carbonara was a thing.
>>
> Sauce

Eggs. I tried that yolk-only recipe. Your sauce comes out way too thick doing that, unless you replace the discarded whites with pasta water, so you might as well just use the full egg.

Black pepper.

Bit of extremely finely grated parmesan.

> Pasta.

Spaghettoni in boiler with a spash of oil.

> Bacon.

Tiniest bit of olive oil in Ban.

Bacon bits in pan--authentic calls for guanciale or pancetta but American slab bacon is fine, maybe even preferable from a pure-taste perspective.

> Putting it together.

Timing is important. Bacon should hit a HOT pan when the pasta is about half done, so the pan needs to have been pre-heated a bit.

Cook the bacon about 4 or 5 minutes depending on the heat.

Remove from heat. Add the spaghetti to the pan with the bacon. Use this opportunity to mix up the pasta and the bacon vigorously, as you'll need to have pan away from the heat for 1-2 minutes before adding the sauce, otherwise the sauce will turn into scrambled eggs.

Finally, add the sauce and stir up a little more.

Basically, timing is very important with this dish.

Enjoy.
>>
Autism and Ceasar dressing
Maybe some Tabasco if I'm feeling froggy
>>
>>7213964
I put mayo and jellied ham lunchoen loaf in mine
>>
Salami, peas, cream and turmeric for the color. I don't like eggs.
>>
Buy some parma ham or similar if you can't get the gayciale, its a way better option than bacon. Black pepper is very important. Also no fucking cream nigger.
>>
>>7213964
This thread is hilarious!
>>
>>7213996
i fucking love you dude,same here
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Shell pasta

Butter
Olive oil
Red bell pepper
Peas
Cream
Havarti cheese
Shredded Parmesan
Two eggs
Parsley
Fresh ground black pepper
>>
>>7215267

Forgot garlic
>>
Onion
Garlic
Ham or bacon
Olive oil
Egg yolks w/quarter whites
Pasta water
Parmesan
Black pepper

Wa la
>>
>>7213987
Where do you get your and
>>
>>7215399
>wa la
you stupid ameriturd
>>
if it contains anything other than pasta, eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and pancetta, it's not carbonara.
>>
>>7216522
Fucking snob
>>
>>7216411
Newfag alert
>>
>>7213987
>all of my love with a bit of
>c
>r
>e
>a
>m
>>
>>7216832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194
>>
File: quesadilla.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
quesadilla.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>7216770
This.

Pic unrelated, it's just the quesadilla I had for lunch.
>>
>>7215399
fottiti stronzo
>>
>>7215399
>Wa la
Nice Fazoli's.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.