[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheapest recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
Times are hard.
Help a fellow in need, give me all you've got
>>
Here you go

Air

>Inhale 1 lung full of air
>Exhale
>>
Rice and beans

The end
>>
>>7212669
Rice and beans
>>
File: photo4530.jpg (40 KB, 670x350) Image search: [Google]
photo4530.jpg
40 KB, 670x350
plumpynuts motha trucka
>>
>>7212669
Go to nearest bus station
Service glory hole
Swallow free protein
>>
File: 1436756373349.jpg (36 KB, 400x576) Image search: [Google]
1436756373349.jpg
36 KB, 400x576
>>7212679
This.
And potatoes.
>>
>>7212669
Rice
Beans
Corn
Grow your own zucchini, you'll end up with a fuckton of it

You can basically live off that.
>>
>>7212669
Liver, kidneys, braised oxtail, rice, vegetables, potatoes, stock cubes, pasta.

Jesus fucking christ op, just cook shit from scratch. NOTHING, bar the really high end stuff, is prohibitively expensive if you make it yourself. Get into the secondary cuts of meat, find out local deals at markets. Fuck sake, this shit is not rocket science. Retarded faggot.
>>
>>7212669
Go into fast food restaurants when they're busy and take condiments. Coffee shops tend to have a nice selection of sugar and maybe even some cream in those portable cup packets. Some even have honey and lemon juice packets.

This is only worth it if you happen to be in the area. Gas would probably cost more than what you would save.
>>
http://www.thesimpledollar.com/20-favorite-dirt-cheap-meals/

Here's a few ideas.
>>
>>7212669

I'd rather just give you money on PayPal so you can stop shitting up this board.

Give me a timestamp, with empty pantry and fridge and I'll give you $100 to hold you over until the middle of Jaunary.

If you take longer than 5 minutes from this post I'll know you used the time to empty your fridge and pantry to provide the illusion of poverty and I won't give you shit.

OR I'll give you the code off the back of a Walmart gift card I received for Christmas that quite frankly I don't need or even want to use. It's $200 in Walmart credit.
>>
Do what your parents did. Get a job, sir.
>>
>>7212696
Thank god all the fuel I buy goes to my legs and not some metal box on wheels
>>
>>7212709
wtf....are you Bill Gates??
>>
>>7212669
EGGS.
You're welcome.
>>
>>7212716
OP has to eat all of them though.
>>
>>7212709
This is a pretty generous offer, OP. You goddamn fucking faggot.
>>
>>7212715

No OP is annoying and I have a surplus of money and goods because I'm an educated adult with a lucrative job in the Culinary industry. I don't like knowing people are hungry and if they're humble enough to admit it I'll help out. Philanthropy is my New Yeats resolution, might as well start on a board that's eliminated my boredom for half a decade.

Let's get crackin' on that picture OP, you have a few minutes left.
>>
>>7212687
>Better than fries!
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>7212741
>I'm an educated adult with a lucrative job in the Culinary industry
lol
>>
>>7212747
That sounds like a tasty way to make potato though. Will have to do that some time.

Will also have to try similar with Sweet Potatoes Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and tiny bit of cinnamon.
>>
Rice and beans
>>
>>7212751

I'm a corporate development Chef for Kraft working in Parsippany. All the "new" mac-n-cheese flavors you've all enjoyed were the product of my labors.

Enjoy.
>>
>>7212770
Thank you, KD chef. Your efforts are appreciated.
>>
>>7212731
The whole bowl?
>>
File: vidya flavor.png (200 KB, 341x725) Image search: [Google]
vidya flavor.png
200 KB, 341x725
>>7212770
Mac and cheese has flavors? Closest thing I thought they had to different flavors were differently shaped Pastas.

Speaking of which Vidya is best flavor.
>>
File: altheeggs.jpg (216 KB, 970x1139) Image search: [Google]
altheeggs.jpg
216 KB, 970x1139
>>7212828
That feel when to respond I had to find the original cap cause all my images relating to "all the eggs" cant be posted cause of rule 15.
>>
>>7212842
I remember SpongeBob shaped ones tasted better than normal elbows
>>
>>7212695
>oxtail
>cheap

That shit is over 5 bucks a pound here.
>>
1 rotisserie chicken - $5
1 bundle celery - $1
1 package carrots - $1.50
1 white onion - $0.50
1 bag noodles - $2.00

If you're conservative the chicken will last a week. Once the chicken is done, toss the bones in a stock pot with the butt ends of the carrots and celery, salt to taste. Cook for a few hours then strain. Put stock back on stove with fresh carrots, onion, celery and cook until onions dissolve into the stock. Cook noodles separate so you can store them without getting soggy. This will be enough food for at least another week and a half.

$10 for two to two and a half weeks.
>>
File: macandcheese.jpg (99 KB, 600x296) Image search: [Google]
macandcheese.jpg
99 KB, 600x296
>>7212842

Yes.
>>
>>7212882
Same problem in the area of murica where I live.

The old Cheap cuts of meat are priced higher than regular cuts because the stores know the only people who buy it are Hipsters and Foodies who will pay out the ass for the authentic meat used in some obscure soulfood or cultural dish.

This is why I will see fucking Steaks cheaper per pound than god damn Flank steak. Only reason they are able to do this is cause some white dumbass is all, "we gotta make authentic beef fajitas and real beef fajitas use flank steak."

Reason Fajitas used flank steak was it was a peasant meal and flank steak was one of the cheaper meats cause its so fucking tough.

I am willing to bet if Prime rib was the cheaper cut then fajitas would traditionally be made with that.

Same thing goes for any traditionally cheap meat cut that is overpriced. these cheap cuts arent bought because they purchasers are desperate to eat and will take whatever scraps dont sell as highly. they are bought by people with too much money than they know what to do with and will pay out the ass for something Unique.
>>
>>7212992
interesting. I think i will stick with original Blaze orange flavor though. If it isn't so bright orange that it must be radioactive then it ain't real KD.
>>
>>7212911
that will last you at best a week and youll lose weight. only a comatose 90lbs soaking wet nancy could last 2.5 weeks on that, barely.
>>
>>7212669
Indian vegetarian shit
>>
File: 1450155218929.gif (35 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1450155218929.gif
35 KB, 279x279
Why should I give anything?

Obviously they have a lot of ribs to eat.
>>
>>7212687
These are awesome. I usually put slices of onions in them. Or some salami/cheese if I've got a coin for that.
>>
>>7212882
Huh, must be different in Britbong. I can get it here for about £3/kilo. Also, did you plan the time you posted that?
>>
>>7212770
Hey can you get me a job? I have a BA in Economics, but it's a cold world out there for a pimp.
>>
>>7212669
Instant French Onion soup makes 1 litre and costs 50 cents. Buy a packet of that, a bag of carrots and some beans and you can serve it over rice for more substance.
>>
>>7214707
get some taste, you are eating shit
>>
>>7212709
Not op but I can use the Walmart gift card
>>
>>7214687
Maybe you should've gotten a better degree
>>
>>7212687
Just put this in the oven. Don't have a pan but have muffin pan. It's bubbling. Is that ok
>>
>>7216477
...Probably. Might be a bitch to clean though.
>>
>>7212764
This is the first time I've ever wanted to eat sweet potato.
>>
>>7212687
Just put this baby in the oven.

[spoiler]I used Adobo instead of sea salt and pepper.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7214652
That was pure chance, but dubs is dubs.
>>
>>7212695
Jesus calm the fuck down m8
>>
>>7212852
I never understood how this meme started. Why would it be a bowl of whole, raw eggs? When I read it, I thought it was scrambled eggs
>>
>>7212687
425 F, I assume?
>>
>>7212695
>tips fedora
Calf liver is $8.99 a pound at my local butcher and that's not even an expensive cut or organ. I can afford it because I went to college, I have social skills, and I have what passes for general knowledge, all of which mean that I'm capable of generating a middle class income unlike most of you folks here.

That said, you are unbelievably clueless about food and you should just stay on /v/ where you shitlords belong.
>>7212669
Rice and beans
>>
>>7217678
Well yeah, who the hell has an oven that can go to 800 F? (~425 C)
>>
>>7217614
I was always assuming hard boiled myself.
>>
Got $7?
Dollar bag of rice
2 dollar bags of beans
Dollar bag of flour
2 dollar bag of potatoes

Make rice and beans together
Make bread with nothing but flour and water
Cook potatoes in oven next to bread
Wait an hour
Hold up.... You got a dollar left
Hit up local ghetto gas station
Buy 2 loosies
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.