[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the dick are you suppose to work this stuff? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: LF0103_Basic-Pizza-Dough.jpg (191 KB, 616x462) Image search: [Google]
LF0103_Basic-Pizza-Dough.jpg
191 KB, 616x462
How in the dick are you suppose to work this stuff? I'm leaving it out covered by a cloth for 30 minutes (bought chilled not frozen), but I is still very tough to handle and wants to turn back into a ball. I strongly doubt its my dough, buy it from a local pizza joint of good quality.
>>
>>7212646

Just keep going, yeast dough isn't like pastry dough. You only get a tiny bit of extra area each time you work it with a roller ... that's why they do the spinning in the air thing.
>>
Why buy dough? Quick as fuck to make
>>
>>7212740
Pizza dough may be easy to make but quick as fuck it isn't
>>
>>7212763

You just need to give it time to rise, but it's not a lot of work.
>>
>>7212646
>but I is still very tough to handle
Me too anon, me too
>>
>>7212646

You could toss into your oven on warm and see if it gets softer once it's actually warm.

OR, you could just add some water to the dough, like a teaspoon at a time, and mix it in until it softens up. Then let it rest and rise again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqzbCk1LjfA
>>
Pat it out into a touch circle, let sit 15 minutes. Come back, push it out a little more, repeat as needed. That or add dough conditioner.
>>
>>7212763
One hour. Rising included.
Or is there something difficult in mixing and kneading pile of flour, water and yeast? :>
>>
>>7213155
>one hour rise
if you're going to make a shit dough might as well buy it
>>
>>7212763
Actually it is. Look up the serious eats ny pizza dough. You use a food processor. It takes five minutesand is delicious
>>
>>7212646
if the dough is too tought probably you add to much flour or you didnt knead it too much. also, 30 minutes its not too much time. the last time i made pizzas i let it rise by almost 2 hours
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.