[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post foods that have been completely ruined by this website.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: tenders.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
tenders.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
Post foods that have been completely ruined by this website.
>>
>>7212631
okay
>>
>>7212631
4chan doesn't ruin anything

that job is left to reddit
>>
Were r the nuggers
>>
I don't let the Internet dictate what I do and don't like to eat
>>
You're making me hungry for KFC now.
>>
>>7212631
Just had some with hummus right now. Not a bad combo.
>>
>>7212670
kfc has the best tendies for sure
>>
>>7212631
>letting your personal tastes be shaped by the opinions of a Madagascan banana leaf weaving forum
I'm glad for all the things I've learnt from /ck/. Got me to try tendies and sriracha when I otherwise wouldn't have, not a huge fan but it's good to try new things and get out of the comfort zone.
>>
>>7212631
>letting a mongolian goat herding forum determine what you are and are not allowed to eat.
>>
Here you go, OP.
>>
>>7212705
Let's make this a thread into a What foods did /ck/ get you to try?

I'll start with: Avocado
I liked it, to my surprise.
>>
>>7212640

do I fit in yet? hello is this thing on?
>>
>>7212727
What does it taste like? I've never been able to bring myself to try it on its own but the texture when I try it in other stuff always disgusts me.
>>
>>7212735
It has a very light, grassy taste. The texture is the main draw of avocado, from what I can tell.
>>
>>7212735
It's basically fruit butter
>>
>>
>autism: the thread
>>
File: cheesey.png (69 KB, 700x326) Image search: [Google]
cheesey.png
69 KB, 700x326
I can no longer look at or eat one of these without giggling uncontrollably at the cheeseburger "tongue".
>>
File: peeling-avocado-resized.gif (1 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
peeling-avocado-resized.gif
1 MB, 500x333
>>7212735
The closest description I can think of is a buttery and creamier pistachio. Unless you really like avocados, I think most people find it somewhat tasteless on its own.

I think it tastes best in slice form as an accompaniment to meat. Shrimp tacos or a replacement for mayo in sandwiches work.

You can also eat it as a sweet dish by either having it mashed up or sliced/cubed with sugar or agave nectar (or similar). I recommend raw sugar as the sugar doesn't dissolve too quickly.

When buying, choose an avocado that is slightly soft if you plan on eating it the same day. If you want to be healthy, you can peel the avocado like pic related, as most of the nutrients are near the skin.
>>
>>7212733
I swear this place gets more edgy and snarky by the fucking day because of you shitheads
only one thread with people calling eachother fucksticks on the entire front page
and you wonder why everything you cook stays shit as opposed to improve over time
fucking vaginas
>>
>>7213635
Wish I could eat avocados, but goddamn they make my mouth itch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNsKvZo6MDs
>>
>>7213117
>no cream
>>
>>7213765
If you really want to enjoy a meal with avocados, take a dose of Benadryl 10 minutes before eating.
>>
File: pepep.png (310 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
pepep.png
310 KB, 788x685
>>7212631
>Implying 4chan didn't tendies even greater for me
>>
Do you guys remember being kids at Chilis and ordering those weird ass chicken strips

Nobody else battered them like Chilis. Wasn't the best either.
>>
>>7212631
/ck/ has ruined nothing for me, but it's shone a light on a normal I didn't know still existed in America, and that many still see as normal. I really had no idea people loved ranch dressing as much as many seem to before I started coming here. I had no idea that awful chain pizza covered with shit cheese and greasy meat toppings was what many folks considered the baseline for pizza. I had no idea how much fast/convenience food shaped people's ideas of how food was supposed to taste. And how much some of them love it. Or how knee jerk resistant many, many people would be to any foods they perceived as foreign/hipster/trendy/pretentious. I didn't know hating good things on principle was so alive and well.

I'm a food writer who has been slumming it here for six years just to educate and amuse myself. It's like a horror movie for me. One I can't stop watching.
>>
>>7213936
You should learn basic rules of writing before claiming to be a writer.
>>
>>7213967
Don't need to. People respond to the conversational American voice. I actually had to unlearn shit before I got published because my editors thought I sounded too effete. That's the state of the art. The fun of posting here is going straight into that style without having to craft 300-500 words into tightly crafted sentences while trying to retain it.
>>
>>7212631
I used to cook fried eggs well - I could do it with no problem at all

Six months after browsing /ck/ I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing
>>
>>7213117
KNEES WEAK
ARMS ARE HEAVY
>>
>basing your lifestyle choices off of anonymous posters in a Korean frog trading website
>>
>>7212631
Caesar dressing can never be ruined
>>
>>7212735
It's like a sort of grassy butter. Mellow as fuck, no strong flavor.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.