[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to Five Guys for the first time ever. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: five-guys-secret-menu1.jpg (298 KB, 625x473) Image search: [Google]
five-guys-secret-menu1.jpg
298 KB, 625x473
So I'm going to Five Guys for the first time ever. What should I get?
>>
a burger
>>
File: thefoe.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
thefoe.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>7212529
How very specific of you
>>
Lipitor
>>
>>7212520
Those free peanuts.

Everything else is overpriced.
>>
>>7212539
Is Five Guys any good? Cuz I could just go to the Wendy's that's like 5 minutes away.
>>
beef fat is really unhealthy man. Don't eat it. And with cheese, holy cow, death on a plate.
>>
File: jacksonFace_1431534c.jpg (51 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
jacksonFace_1431534c.jpg
51 KB, 460x288
>>7212546
Vegan detected
>>
A few tips:

1. 'little burger' there means 1 patty instead of 2. All the burgers are the same size.

2. A lot of people like bacon cheeseburger there, and it's good, but I think it's actually just better as a normal burger a lot of the time.

3. If you get fries, get them 'cajun' only, their 'regular' sucks.

4. If you are game, ask for a side of mayo for your fries, and then also get a cup for ketchup and fill it with malt vinegar. Dip fry in vinegar, dip in mayo. Very A+.

5. This is the most important/best things I can tell you so pay attention to this if nothing else: do NOT get the mushrooms, they come from a can and suck hard. DO get jalapenos, but ask them to grill them for you, it gives them a better texture and reduces the heat slightly while still cutting through the richness of the burger which makes it better overall.

Have fun. Oh and order the smaller sizes of fries if you get a 'regular' or 'large' expect to have an entire bag filled with fries.
>>
>>7212544
The general opinion seems to be mixed. Personally for me, it tastes exactly like a normal burger, like a backyard bbq. The meat tastes like those grocery store burger patties heated up.

It's not bad, just underwhelming. For the price, I'd rather go somewhere else.

But I think it's worth trying at least once so you can judge for yourself.
>>
Directions to whataburger
>>
>>7212544
Id go there once just to try it but for the price it is very expensive.
Wendys is objectively the superior fast food burger chain any way
>>
>>7212561
>Oh and order the smaller sizes of fries if you get a 'regular' or 'large' expect to have an entire bag filled with fries

Nigga that sounds like a good thing
>>
>>7212718
Their fries are shitty tho.
>>
>>7212529
And fries.
>>
Zoe Quinn special?
>>
>>7212561
This guy pretty much summed it all up except
>DO get jalapenos, but ask them to grill them for you, it gives them a better texture and reduces the heat slightly
The fresh jalapenos are my favorite part about Five Guys. More places need to do fresh instead of those pickled shits.
>>
You've made this thread once a week for the past two months

Please stop fucking posting already
>>
>>7212520
Something else.
>>
>>7212544
It's delicious, poorfags just band together in mental gymnastics class to pretend it isn't.
>>
>>7212520
Get fucked by fags
>>
File: 1415749136010.png (66 KB, 977x566) Image search: [Google]
1415749136010.png
66 KB, 977x566
>>
>>7212520

extremely mediocre food at an overinflated price
>>
>Bacon cheeseburger 'all the way'
>Small cajun fries
>Drink

Its extremely overpriced, but I do think its good. In the UK, that would cost around £15($22) whereas McDonalds would cost around £6($9)
>>
>>7212520
Nothing.
Overrated overpriced hyped up shit.
You can easily make a better burger at home for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>7213061
>shit broke fags say
>>
>>7213064
Hurr Durr
I love paying for shitty food
That must make me a baller
Duurrrr
>>
Try their hot dogs. I think they're better than their burgers. Beware that they slice them open lengthwise though.
>>
>>7213064
You literally have zero input on this particular restaurant except to call everyone poor fags.
I'm glad you enjoy spending your allowance here but the adults are trying to talk.
Have a great day at school tomorrow!
Mommy loves you.
>>
I went to one the other day is it was the only place open and it was completely average- barely better than a Big Mac but double the price.

and it's obviously full of twats with beards
>>
>>7212561
>If you get fries, get them 'cajun' only, their 'regular' sucks.
Objectively false
>>
>>7213497
Yeah, they both suck because they bought into the "muh fresh potaters" meme and dont even bother frying them twice
so everything is fucking soggy and there's no crust
fuck
>>
>>7213068
isn't that just to increase the surface exposed to the grill?
>>
>>7212520
Throw all the peanuts on the floor and order nothing
>>
A refund. Sure, it's an okay burger for fast food. It's also a lot greasier than any fast food chain which I don't even understand. The fries are always soggy even when I eat inside the place. Even if they are burned up they are soggy which has happened twice getting blackened fries that are still soggy. Not oily soggy, just soggy in general. You are almost expected to end up with 1/2 your burger left and only an inch of bun to try to hold onto it with because it slides all over the place from the grease and turns to mush which means a few bites of your expensive burger with no bun at all. The malt vinegar and mayo suggestion would be great with some McDonalds fries. The price isn't even the issue. They use real meat and cook it only when you order it and toppings are free and unlimited.
>>
>>7212544

It's okay, but if you're in the Great Lakes region I'd go with Culvers any day. The burgers are better in my opinion and for the same price as a double cheeseburger and fries from Five Guys you can get a large meal with an order of cheese curds thrown on.

Some people bitch about the price of Five Guys but goddamn, eating out is meant to be a treat. If you can't afford to spend an extra 3-4 dollars on a meal without feeling upset, you probably shouldn't be wasting money eating out regardless.
>>
>>7215314
What you say is true. The price isn't the problem. I just don't like what I have gotten there really. Too greasy and fries too soggy. BTW there also is Culvers in South Carolina and they are great. Although I grew up by the great lakes (ontario and erie)
>>
>>7213042
much better than McDonalds though
>>
lettuce, raw onion, mustard and pickle on cheese burger

or
jalapeno and fried onions on bacon cheese burger
>>
>>7212722
Their fries are great. They are fairway fries. Good potatoes fried in peanut oil. If you recommend anything else, you have shit taste.
>>
>>7215375
their fries fucking suck (oh wait..it's an opinion..so we're both right!! Imagine that)
>>
File: Rilye_Fries.jpg (48 KB, 350x360) Image search: [Google]
Rilye_Fries.jpg
48 KB, 350x360
>>7215375
I googled fairway fries and this girl to the left came up. She is great. Five guys fries however, are not.
>>
>>7213070
mom what are you doing in London
>>
>>7212520
out
>>
>>7212520
If they let you get them to put a patty on a grilled cheese. Then add whatever toppings you want.
>>
>>7213042
In the states that would cost like 6 bucks at mcdonalds. God u guys are rich.
>>
>>7212520
I hate how every one posts a "should I give guys" thread but never posts the picture of the burger/hotdog they get:(
>>
>>7216413
I'm guessing its because the actual burgers from there are so disappointing that they feel ashamed of showing it off.
>>
>>7216523
Idk desu senpai I tried the double cheeseburger with bacon and it was pretty damn good.
>>
american cheese
2 patties
medium lettuce
light mayo
medium ketchup
medium onion
light pickles

order online so you don't have to wait 20 minutes to get your food
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.