[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Christmas I made red and green pasta with grated cheese "snow".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: noodles.jpg (288 KB, 1126x862) Image search: [Google]
noodles.jpg
288 KB, 1126x862
For Christmas I made red and green pasta with grated cheese "snow". It's sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and basil. It was pretty gross tbph. But I didn't want to waste it so I put it in a Tupperware and hoped someone else would eat it. No one did, so last night I tried it again and it was delicious. It just needed a couple days to set and let the flavors coalesce. Eating it cold helped it too.

What are some other foods that taste better days later? I'm curious about this phenomenon.
>>
>>7212471
That looks pretty gud. I'd likely add a can of tuna to that for extra gudness.
>>
>>7212471
thats cute, looks pretty good too. in my opinion pasta salads taste better cold so i'd probably try this
>>
>>7212497
Yeah, I served it hot and it had garlic in in too, and the peppers tasted too sweet and didn't go with it. But last night everything came together better and the peppers were more mild and garlicy too. I'll make it again now, but in advance and eat it cold.
>>
>>7212497
Not OP but I like them best at room temperature. Not cold, but not hot, just room temp.
>>
>>7212471

chili. the second winner of the IBC actually specified in his recipe that his chili be made a day before at a minimum and left in the fridge before eating
>>
That looks cute.

I find this works well with meatballs, and gazpacho.
>>
>>7212514
Any person that makes chili knows that.
>>
>>7212471
ctrl + f: stew
>0 results

Pretty much any sort of thicker soup or stew will always be better the next day after a cycle of cooling and then reheating
>>
>>7212566
Yur mum looks cute when working with my meatballs.
>>
>>7212471
dude, mix in some italian dressing or balsamic, or your dressing of choice and bam! you've got pasta salad
>>
>>7212471
Split pea soup, black beans... most things with legumes.

Shit, homemade beanie wienies is top-tier the next day.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.