[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trend Foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Benefits-of-Kale.jpg (64 KB, 560x290) Image search: [Google]
Benefits-of-Kale.jpg
64 KB, 560x290
My mom went and bought a family sized pack of fucking kale it's about to go bad . I don't know what to do with it.
It's only good in salads in small quantities and i've already made 2 batches of kale chips.
I'm making salmon with lemon dill sauce tonight how can I use this glorified green?

also post trend foods that trigger you ITT
>>
File: 1436274561475.gif (3 MB, 309x225) Image search: [Google]
1436274561475.gif
3 MB, 309x225
>>7212307
Make soup. Search online for soup recipes using kale, tons of them.
>>
>>7212307
>family sized pack of fucking kale it's about to go bad . I don't know what to do with it.
It cooks down. I think a giant bag of greens cooks down to like not even 2 cups.

Gumbo z'herbes is one idea. But what is this worth? $2? Stop stressing.
>>
>>7212307
just plant it in the yard to grow more kale
>>
>>7212307
Treat it like spinach and sautee it with garlic and onions.
>>
>>7212327
>It cooks down. I think a giant bag of greens cooks down to like not even 2 cups.

Yep. This.

OP, if you need other suggestions you might try fermenting it. Find a recipe for kimchi and sub the kale for the napa cabbage--I've made it many times, it's super easy and keeps for ages.
>>
kale tastes really good sauteed with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, or in a frittata/omelette/whatever
>>
Cook it and make it with a potatomash.
>>
Put it in your juicer
>>
>>7212320
my family won't eat soups
i spent eight hours making tonkotsu in the summer . most of its gone into cooking other things such a shame
>>7212327
i have anxiety about wasting food
the gumbo sounds really good tho thank u
>>7212338
lol
>>7212344
might do this and toss it with some spaghetti squash
>>
>>7212307
Stem and wash kale. In oil slowly saute an onion until golden. Add chopped ginger and garlic with some salt and hot pepper. Add kale one fistful at a time, stirring to coat with oil. Cover and let simmer slowly over low heat, adding a little water if necessary to keep from burning. Stir every five minutes or so until kale is soft (half an hour minimum).

If you slowly cook the hell out of it kale is a great vegetable. With just a quick saute it kinda sucks.
>>
>>7212307
soup brah. or you can use it like you would spinach in a pasta sauce or lasagna. also keep kale near the back of the fridge to make it keep longer.
>>
>>7212307
Kale Chips? Place them flat on a pan and throw it in the oven for like 30mins. Drizzle olive oil and add some salt. wa la.
>>
>>7212414
oh wait, didn't bother to read past the first sentence. lolz
>>
You can make ersatz pesto by throwing in the food processor with some garlic, sunflower seeds, and then parm and olive oil.
>>
boil the kale and the potatoes. mash them together with gravy and fried bacon bits. Add a sausage to the side, and maybe some pickles
>>
>>7212307
Chiffonade and deep fry, only takes a few seconds to go crisp.
>>
File: braised-kale-bacon-pinterest.jpg (54 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
braised-kale-bacon-pinterest.jpg
54 KB, 640x400
>>7212307
>Beer braised kale with thick-cut bacon or pork belly
>White bean, kale, and sausage soup
>Kale kimchi
>Kale omlette
>Kale quiche
>African peanut soup with kale, sweet potatoes, plantains, and chicken thighs

None of the above are hard to make and are all delicious. I highly recommend the white bean and sausage soup, kale with bacon, and the peanut soup (this shit is so good it's unreal).

Sorry for the inclusion of "beer" "bacon" "pork belly" and "kale" in the same post but they really do taste good together, irregardless of their meme status
>>
>>7212307
Thank you for not using the m word OP
>>
>>7212362
you shouldn't bother cooking for retards who wont eat soup.
>>
Chana saag over rice
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.