[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have been cooking with mushrooms a lot for a while. Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: champinones-668x400x80xX.jpg (22 KB, 668x400) Image search: [Google]
champinones-668x400x80xX.jpg
22 KB, 668x400
So I have been cooking with mushrooms a lot for a while. Do you have a good recipe?
I use them sauteed with pasta mostly.
>>
Mushrooms are a cuck food, senpai

Eat anything else instead desu
>>
whole or halved, slow cooked in butter in a coverd pan with PLENTY of butter and black pepper and 2 cloves of garlic. takes about 30 minutes
>>
>>7212230
Thanks, will do

>>7212220
You should eat more mushrooms man
>>
>>7212203
made some skewered shish kebabs the other day with marinated cubed steak, bacon, onions, peppers, pineapple, and baby portobello mushrooms, threw em on the grill

first time i've done it with the mushrooms, and they turned out great
>>
I'm planning on making mushroom pizza. Should I put them raw or sautee them before?
>>
Pretty good side dish for a steak or something. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/01/recipe-for-roasted-green-beans-with.html
>>
>>7212282
would go raw personally because I still like them to have some of their earthiness without being too cooked, but giving them a sautee in some olive oil with spices might turn out brettygood
>>
>>7212292
Mmm maybe throwing them raw and adding the oil on top of the pizza
>>
Breaded and then deep fried
>>
>>7212282
you can put them raw but pizza toppings should always be in a form that you can eat by themselves
>>
>>7212203
>So I have been cooking with mushrooms a lot for a while. Do you have a good recipe?
When they're nice and clean, really fresh and tightly closed and not too muddy, I'll clean them up, make marinated mushroom salad. White wine vinegar marinade, with onions, garlic, or simple dried thyme or tarragon...heat up vinegar, water and other ingredients, pour into jar, lid on. Refrigerate overnight. Best on day 2.

When portabellas on sale, they're delicious grilled with a balsamic-garlic, olive oil marinade or baste.

Some of my favorite mushroom recipes: paprikash (chicken or beef) with sour cream and mushrooms over dumplings or egg noodles; cast iron breaded chicken-fried cubed steaks, with mushrooms and onions cooked in the drippings. Pan sauce or not from the drippings, but get the mushrooms browned.

I often run mushrooms through the food processor and make them a big ratio in meatloaf, meatballs, and in turkey-chicken versions especially, as they hold the jujices to keep them tender. Works nicely in any asian prep, for like stuffed wontons for soup, or pot stickers. I'll buy pork and process it together with mushrooms, green onion, ginger, soy.
>>
>>7212203
Mushrooms are like tofu. They soak up a TON of liquid when you cook them.
>>
>>7212203
Julienne is the best thing you can make from champinones.
Note that there isn't really a dish called julienne, but that's how they call it in Russia.
Basically an extremely thick stew of mushrooms, onions, high-fat cream, cheese and some other stuff if you like it (chicken breasts, for example)
>>
>>7212203
i fucking love mushroom pasta. any creamy pasta sauce recipe and whatever cured pork you've got. You can make it as fancy or as basic bitch as you want.
>>
I do mine sauteed with butter, garlic and soy sauce. You can even skip the garlic if you're feelin lazy. My parents love this and demand it as often as possible.
>>
>>7212203
So long as you aren't in a really humid climate, save all of your stems and let them dry out on a sheet pan lined with some thin paper towels or parchment paper. You can use them to make a tea to use as a soup or sauce base or poaching liquid, or grind them into dust to coat protein in before cooking or add to a filling or bread or something like that.
If you are in a really humid climate, a dehydrator might be worth your while if you have that many mushrooms.
>>
File: 1388038595895.jpg (91 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1388038595895.jpg
91 KB, 400x370
>>7212357

right.. BUT.

you need to sweat some garlic in oil first, then toss the shrooms in and cook the mushrooms until they drop all their water.. then, it'll look like a mushroom soup for a second, and once the liquid they dropped dissipates and reduces, you toss in some butter and aromatics. let the butter melt, get the aromatics hot, and deglaze with either white or red wine (depending on your purpose), let the wine reduce/be absorbed by the mushrooms, and then salt to taste. (it usually needs more salt than you think, so go little by little til it tastes right).

boom. perfect shroom cooking methodology.. these can be used in just about anything requiring mushrooms and it'll take you to flavortown.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.