[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the tap water like where you live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
File: tapwater.jpg (57 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tapwater.jpg
57 KB, 600x399
whats the tap water like where you live
>>
live in london

fucking terrible
>>
live in Paris, actually really good because there is an underground reserve close by. Surprising.
>>
>as good as bottled water
>melbourne
>>
>>7212031

the water that comes out of my tap is from a well, which is fed by glacial melting from further north... so... good.
>>
>>7212031
i drink it so its good
>>
File: 1450463289021.jpg (26 KB, 632x474) Image search: [Google]
1450463289021.jpg
26 KB, 632x474
>>7212031
I have a well. Terrible sulfur. I run it through filtration systems and water softeners (Not the use of plurals) and still only use it for cleaning, hygiene, and the pets. I collect rain water for my garden, and buy 5 gallon jugs of water for cooking and drinking.

Shit sucks yo. It's so bad that when I hit a bad sulfur bubble, I have to hand wash dishes or the dishwasher will stink up the house.
>>
>>7212049
where do you live?
>>
>>7212031
they did a blind test with wine tasters comparing various brands of bottled water and tap water from various places, tap water here scored better than most bottled water

Belgium
>>
>>7212050
Northwest Ohio. Semi-rural. Just outside of a municipality. One road down from me is on city water.
>>
>>7212031
New York tap water is some of the best on the planet. The worst I've had was in south Florida, it tastes and smells of sulfur.
>>
>>7212031
Pretty good, love to drink it. Fresh from the tap, the temp of the deep cool earth, and I think the faucet aerator adds a bit of taste too, seems different if I let it sit out for a while. The water is sourced from an underground aquifer and mixed half with wherever Los Angeles gets their water.
>>
>>7212031
Wet and it tastes of water.
>>
I live in San Diego. It's decent, kinda tastes shitty compared to Memphis where I used to live. Memphis water sits on an aquifer and is 10/10.
>>
>>7212031
>whats the tap water like where you live

San Diego, really awful. I buy and drink distilled water and we have a whole-house filter as well as an under-sink RO filter for cooking. Clean water is a very big deal.
>>
File: borzomi.png (78 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
borzomi.png
78 KB, 255x255
Basically like the drink Boržomi without the gas
>>
>>7212031
Wisconsin, it's pretty bad.
People here think the Kraft factories have polluted the aquifers.
>>
Extremely clean. I can't drink bottled water since it tastes bad in comparison.
>>
Lexington, KY. Pretty good. I grew up in a smaller town, where we'd always get sediment at the bottom of a glass of water if you let it sit for a half-hour or so, but I don't see that here. Still use a pitcher with a water filter for drinking water and coffee out of habit and in case the charcoal picks up some nasty stuff that just isn't visible.
>>
>>7212082
Ah, I'm from Memphis. What part are you from?

I live in Seattle, the tap water here is OK but tap water from Memphis is surprisingly great.
>>
My naturopath said faucet water it was full of toxins and other chemical nasties so advised that I only drink distilled liposomal water
>>
>>7212066

Most if not all of NY water comes from Round out reservoir, around the city anyway. There are a few other smaller ones but they're all glacial fed from Canada, way north of New Foundland. Melts, runs off into the Hudson and travels south through the mountains, and underground aquifers purifying and gaining nutrients.

Homeland security has a 24/7 guard over Round out reservoir because there was a "plot" to throw a baseball sized crystal of LSD into the city's water supply. Something that small could cause the mass hysteria of over 10 million people.

Simply amazing.
>>
>>7212130
Get a Berkey water filter and the fluoride removal filters to add on.

>unironically replying to your shitpost.
>>
>>7212137
Naw dude.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/sex/cops-hunt-for-penis-pump-pistolero-639258

You can't drink from the hudson at least not around NYC, it's tidal, aka salt water.
>>
>>7212103
wouldn't surprise me
Bastards
>>
>>7212137
Is the water not chlorinated? Because tap water destroys LSD for that reason. Obviously, water sources, especially to populations that huge and important to the national and global economy should be guarded. But, there's a lot of mythology around LSD. It's quite fragile. Even the light from using a scanner to save images of a sheet of blotter paper renders said sheet practically useless as a psychedelic.
>>
>>7212155

The Hudson goes all the way up to Canada....and splinters off into hundreds if not thousands of streams, lakes and ponds which feed the reservoir supplies.

Down by where Indian Point and the GE plant are, sure, you're practically in the city and the tides of the Hudson change twice a day going back and forth.

By Poughkeepsie you can trap blue crabs and are perfectly safe to eat. Further north than that and the contamination isn't even an issue.

You should try living in the world instead of commenting about things you do not know.
>>
Live OTP of Atlanta. I wanna say okay, except there's always stuff floating in it.
>>
>>7212168

The same people that plotted the Stewart Airforce Base attacks planned to use psychedelics to poison the city's water supplies. The "Newburgh 4" they were called. Converted prison niggers hell bent on killing whitey I suppose. They're making a TV show out of their story, no idea why.
>>
>>7212040
Yeah i'm studying in London and can second this

Its got so bad that I have to buy bottled water.

When I come home to the West Country I gorge on the delicious fresh and slightly chalky water we have here. Its so much better
>>
>>7212168
>there's a lot of mythology around LSD

It's also incredibly expensive. A "baseball size crystal" would probably be more doses of LSD than exist on the whole damn earth at any one time. It would be worth millions of dollars--not the kind of thing that's practical for a prank.
>>
>>7212155
oops, wrong link...
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/drinking_water/history.shtml

That was an honest mistake.
>>
>>7212197
That's charlie sheen sized
>>
Shitty, but it's from a well and since I live in a swamp, it's filtered swamp water.
>>
>>7212058
fuck man, that sounds terrible.
>>
Fucking glorious. Better than any bottled water except the carbonated kind. I don't want to move from this town because the water is so good.

Sometimes i forget at other people's houses or in hotels and drink the tap water. almost vomited once doing that.
>>
>Netherlands
Better than bottled water
>>
>>7212197

>prank

Killing people or poisoning them isn't a prank. Idiot.
>>
>>7212231
That wasn't a prank. It was a terror plot.
>>
>>7212198

Yea. I've read paperwork about the Hudson living on it. When I bought a home I had to get the well on my property tested for a bunch of shit, routine testing every 6 months actually.

It's fine, I drink it, fill my pool with it, bathe myself, my kids and my pets in it without negative side affects. I'd be more concerned with the water quality in the rust belt ie: rocchester and buffalo.
>>
>>7212234

I'm aware...
>>
>>7212231

Prank seems like a pretty good word for it. It's unlikely that anyone would die. This is just a scaled-up version of spiking the punchbowl at the school dance.
>>
>>7212208
that stopped being funny 5 years ago.
>>
Full of carcinogenic rocket testing facility contamination
>>
San Diego, California

Taste like chlorine. Want to get a chemical analysis just to make sure what's in it, but don't want to spend the $50 to do it. Got a Britta for my sink and now it tastes like normal water, can't complain I guess.
>>
>>7212066
NJ water here
Some of the best
That's why our pizza & bagels are top notch
>>
Bottled water is the biggest gastronomic scam of all time.
If your tap water doesn't taste like metal it's just as good as bottled water to drink it and you're not wasting any money.
>>
I'm on a well and when it's cold out, the tap water comes out just barely above freezing. It's like ice water without ice. It's amazing. In the summer time, it still tastes good but it's warmer water obviously but not warm warm just warmer than in the winter. I drink close to two gallons a day every day.
>>
Pensacola FL has frequently been cited as having the worst tap water in the country. We have radium, cyanide, lead, and chloroform in our water!

I use a filter, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work too well.
>>
Denmark (rest of Scandinavia for that sake) has literally the best tap water in the world. Are you guys even trying?
>>
>>7212543
Good times, no wonder all you Florida people are weirdos! Trust me, I was born in Miami so can speak on that with authoritah!
>>
>>7212548
I was invited to Denmark by a couple cute chicks. Maybe I'll visit someday just to try out the water that you claim is the best in the world.
>>
File: grin 4k.jpg (422 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
grin 4k.jpg
422 KB, 3840x2160
>Well water

It's a bit hard with all the minerals and such, but the taste is great.
>>
>>7212125
I grew up in East Memphis near Audobon Park. Near the intersection of park and Perkins. You?
>>
Tastes like filtered pool water. I dunno if this makes sense. Philadelphia
>>
>>7212031
>Flint, Michigan
>Children now literally retarded just from drinking the tap water.
>>
>>7212031
Perfect and flawless.Not super duper cold but it really makes me appreciate my water because going elsewhere, like into the city, the chlorination is used there and the difference is substantial.
We actually bottle spring water for Nestle in my hometown.

BC, Canada.
>>
>>7212572
It does and is common in areas with shitty tap water because they use so much chlorine to clean it.
>>
>>7212563
Yur mum got some of my hard minerals if you know what I mean.
>>
Well water at both home and vacation home.

The water at home is crazy hard. Dad is staunchly opposed to a water softener (has a couple filters).

Water at the vacation home is in the Adirondack park and is fantastic.
>>
>>7212031
Ohio. Have to buy water bottles and gallons so I don't have to deal with mrsa or the metallic taste.
>>
>>7212239

Some people already have emotional issues and psychological instabilities that would be greatly exacerbated by a trip...especially one that no one sees coming.

People would die guaranteed.
>>
>>7212603

A diamond ring?

Yea, western form of dowry to put pussy on a lock down.

Doesn't work sometimes.
>>
>>7212031
Wouldn't drink it without a filter.
Our water supply got poisoned by a phenol spill once in 1990, so filters are kind of a big thing around here, just in case.
>>
>>7212616

Also all the pollution due to fracking.
>>
Las Vegas water doesn't taste that great. I'm visiting New Jersey/New York right now and I like the tap water here a lot better.
>>
>>7212664
limes don't grow in the desert
>>
File: spurdo_face.jpg (28 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_face.jpg
28 KB, 600x459
Pacific NW USA

bretty gud
>>
>>7212649

Diamonds are the hardest metal faggot
>>
>>7212460
>NJ
I live in rural new jersey and our fucking tap water is yellow
Fuck new jersey
>>
>>7212069
When you let water sit out, it will react with oxygen in the air to form carbonic acid. That is why it tastes different than when you drink it right away.
>>
>>7212031
As clean as a cold spring running through moss. Better than bottled water.

Umeå, Northern Sweden.
>>
Northern England -
Perfectly fine. I neck pints of it during the day so I get at least 2 litres, usually more.
>>
File: tumblr_l4rayi06bN1qb7edmo1_500.jpg (65 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l4rayi06bN1qb7edmo1_500.jpg
65 KB, 500x529
>>7212697
I thought it was Dragonforce XD
>>
Well water so good.
>>
Vienna, Austria.
Perfectly fine.
>>
Connecticut - fluoridated.

I got a cordyline (example in pic) and when I brought it home it was not doing well. For a few weeks after I noticed it was not improving, despite being in fresh soil, and getting plant food and neem baths. I did some research and cordyline brown and wither in the presence of fluoride. So now it gets filtered water.

I drink the tap - use it for tea and coffee mainly. I'd really like to get a filter though. I just don't like that they purposely put a chemical waste product in my water when I never fucking asked for that to be put in my body.
>>
>>7213012
Holy shit stop bitching.
Fluoride is good for your teeth.
You brush your teeth with fluoridated toothpaste so you don't want it in your water? Fine, you can filter it out. No one makes you drink city water the way it comes to you.
The reason it's there is that many underageb& wont brush regularly and develop cavities and other health issues at much greater incidence than they would without fluoridated water.
tl;dr: it's a public health thing so if you want to live in the middle ages you can, just don't try to say that shit is bad for you when it obviously isn't.
>>
File: Cordyline_terminalis_dsc03651.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Cordyline_terminalis_dsc03651.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>7213045
I keep very good care of my teeth because I'm not a savage. And people who don't brush their teeth and need to rely on tap water tend to have poor diets, and fluoridated water does nothing for these people. Go and ask any dentist if fluoridated water can replace brushing or prevent gingivitis or tooth decay. Do you realize how retarded you sound?

You got really defensive at my comment regarding how I don't like that there's something in my drinking water that I never asked for. I didn't even bring up any conspiracy shit.

Also I dropped my pic
>>
>>7213058
>fluoridated water does nothing for these people
except lower their instance of cavities.
no one ever said fluoridated water can replace brushing
it's there as a failsafe for morons who can't into personal hygiene. if that isn't you, then I'm super proud and you earned a gold star. But saying that incorporation of fluoride into drinking water does nothing for anybody demonstrates an ignorance of facts.
>>
Vienna - excellent though a bit too hard for tea/coffee
Trondheim - excellent and very soft
>>
>>7213071

Enjoy your butter teeth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis
>>
Seattle, and it's pretty good. Could be better, but it's sure as hell better than Dallas, where I lived for three years. God, Texas has nasty-ass water.
>>
>>7213076
i drink coffee and smoke the occasional cigarette. my teeth are already stained. I don't really give a shit about dental or skeletal fluorosis since it's not too terribly common. plus I make enough money that I can just pay to get them bleached if i ever start to care
>>
>>7212031
Nashville. Good old Cumberland punch. Heavily chlorinated.
>>
>>7212103
I grew up in Western Wisconsin and our tap water, from a well, was delicious.
>>
>>7213145
Also warm as piss in the summer.
>>
>>7212031
canada, it tastes pure
>>
File: 1424881044210.png (339 KB, 200x333) Image search: [Google]
1424881044210.png
339 KB, 200x333
>grow up having a well in my backyard
>decent and reasonable tasting water
>feels good man

>visit girlfriend in Maryland
>brush teeth
>SULFUR STINK
>ask what's up with the water
>"oh yeah it just does that"
>mfw the shower smells eggy as well
>>
>>7212567
I grew up in East Memphis. Graduated from G-town high school. So weird seeing another Memphis bro on this Singaporean Sword Swallowing e-discussion board
>>
>>7212197
Did you read that story about the old dude they found out in some sealed abandoned building who had literal gallons of pure liquid LSD saved away from a brew 15 years before that? Poor guy lost his mind.
>>
>>7212103
I second this.
Around my parts there's a lot of iron in our taps. No amount of softening and filtering can get the slight rust hue out of our water.
>>
>>7212031
Germany
Tap water is quite good here. Taste differs a bit depending on the region. The limestone in the mid-west is fucking annoying though. Constantly have to clean the shower.
>>
>>7213750
link
>>
Melbourne, Australia
As another anon said, it tastes pretty much like still bottled spring water.
So not bad, not amazing and slightly (sometimes very) chlorinated.

When I still lived with my parents we had tank water that often needed to be filled from a local aquifer, it was alright.
>>
File: 1445988933527.gif (969 KB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1445988933527.gif
969 KB, 190x200
You guys have no fucking idea how bad Southern Asian tapped water. It made me poo in the loo so badly.
>>
>>7214825
At least it was in the loo.
>>
>>7212031
Northeast Ohio.
It's alright. Nothing special. Tastes better at some people's houses than others. Maybe it's the copper pipes?
Doesn't taste bad enough that I feel a need to buy bottled water.
>>
MidWest North Carolina
tastes fine, bit mineral-tasting
but it's well water so who is surprised
used to have specs of dirt/rust before we replaced the faucet
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.