[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I deep fry food, it ends up soaking lots of fat and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: mcdonalds-Mozzarella-Dippers.jpg (65 KB, 443x263) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-Mozzarella-Dippers.jpg
65 KB, 443x263
Whenever I deep fry food, it ends up soaking lots of fat and tasting like shit.
How do I prevent food from soaking so much fat?
>>
Don't deep fry food, turbo.
>>
Your oil isn't hot enough. Get your temperature up before you add your food to the oil
>>
>>7211380
Deep fried food is pretty much shit. Fun once in a while for a degenerate pleasure, but nothing to write home about beyond that.
>>
Boil it in water?
>>
>>7211399
fag
>>
>>7211380
not that i would know, but i'm pretty sure it's about making a batter strong (the batter pieces big enough, the thing that holds the batter together (probably egg)) enough and coating the object you're frying thickly enough with the batter
>>
>>7211500
You don't batter fries
>>
The tempura technique is designed for this problem, the batter has to be fluid like a crêpe batter and kept very cold using ice. Apparently the temperature difference prevents the oil mess. Also using sparkling water for the batter makes it even more light.
>>
chef here, only one right answer in whole thread

>>7211385
>>
>>7211385
This. Also, add too much cold stuff at once and the temp drops. Run small batches.
>>
File: 1434711132215.jpg (20 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
1434711132215.jpg
20 KB, 527x409
>>7211623

>steam, a product only made from heating water
>coming from oil
>>
Oil and water aren't co-soluble, so you can basically prevent your food from soaking so much oil by dipping it in water before you toss it in.
>>
>>7211505
what about beer batter fries?
>>
when you deep fry stuff moisture inside the food vaporizes and outward pressure prevents oil from seeping into the food. if your fried food is greasy it means you either left it in for way too long or the oil wasn't hot enough.
>>
So, should I keep the stuff I deep fry in cold before frying it? How cold should it be before frying? Should I put it in the freezer?
>>
>>7211628
it's not bait... he just meant smoking. the part about the ice is bait though, and he's an idiot. don't do this or you'll make the oil pop and splash everywhere, probably burning yourself or starting a fire.
>>
>>7211623
>>7211636
Is this bait?
Water + heated oil result in fires.
>>
>>7211623

You mean smoking.

You could of course just use a cheap deep fryer with a thermostat, or at least put your oven thermometer probe in it to check the temp.

In current year we don't have to play around with pieces of bread and smoke to check oil temperature.
>>
>>7211665
>>7211665
>>7211665
>>7211665
>>7211665
OP, this is the only correct answer ITT. Everything else is either b8 or full retard.
>>
File: 1448267181615.jpg (45 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1448267181615.jpg
45 KB, 550x400
>>7211623
>>7211745
>>
>>7211385
/thread
when your oil is hotter than hell then you can deep fry food
If the oil is smoking then you are burning it and it is too hot
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.